It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DNC: White men shouldn't apply for tech jobs

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Attention Straight, White, Male, Democrat voters!
Your party will gladly still take your money...but, beyond that, it thinks you're useless and worthless.
edit on 1-11-2017 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Attention White, Male, Democrat voters!
Your party will gladly still take your money...but, beyond that, it thinks you're useless and worthless.

Really? Is that why the majority of employees in the tech area is white and male and straight?

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   
According to the liberals: “It is not okay to be white”. As seen across many college campus’s today.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Tells you what the safest job in the world will be.

"Oh, we have to lay someone off. Gee, let's see ... we have 8 of those blasted white males. Rishu and Demondre are POCs, and Frank is gay, so that leaves seven. Whelp, draw straws you seven. Short one gets laid off!"

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

Really? Is that why the majority of employees in the tech area is white and male and straight?

You deny the DNC is now choosing to discriminate against straight, white, males?

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 05:23 PM
link   

You deny the DNC is now choosing to discriminate against straight, white, males?

Do you deny the majority of their employees are straight white males?

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Should that matter when it comes time to hire a new employee?

If so, why?

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Diversity is the new prejudice 👍

this # is getting lower by the hour .

Anyone else notice that, they seem to be facepalming more and more lately.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 05:26 PM
link   
" Buckle Up Buckaroo "........

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

It matters if you never hire competent non-straight/non-white/non-males. Or do you think it isn't possible for a non-straight, non-white, non-male to ever be competent?

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 05:27 PM
link   
And she would be well pist if a MANGINA took her job .

The world is #ing crackers.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 05:27 PM
link   

I've never taken stock of their employees by race, gender or sexual orientation (discrimination is not my thing)...but they're certainly discriminating against them now.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

According to the email, the majority of the tech employees are straight white males. I see nothing wrong with looking for a few competent employees to add to that bunch who are diverse.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 05:32 PM
link   

You know what? I'll bite on this one. Yeah, I question that the majority of employees in the computer tech industry are straight white males.
www.bls.gov...

Sexuality isn't a bls tracked stat (making it a wonderful tool for the special interest groups to manipulate.), but these numbers would indicate straight white males are underrepresented in the industry.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 05:32 PM
link   

According to the email, the majority of the tech employees are straight white males. I see nothing wrong with looking for a few competent employees to add to that bunch who are diverse.

So if the most qualified candidate just happens to be white, male or straight...he shouldn't get the job?
You're okay with discriminating against him?

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   

It matters if you never hire competent non-straight/non-white/non-males. Or do you think it isn't possible for a non-straight, non-white, non-male to ever be competent?

I think you should always hire the most qualified applicant, and when you decide that this or that category of person need not apply, you aren't doing that. You are instead hiring to fill a superficial quota.

You are making the assumption that if the outcome of the hiring process is anything other than a minority, then discrimination *had* to be involved, and you are making that assumption based solely on the racial makeup of the other employees who were already hired.

I think you are thinking you simply want an employee who is good enough and not the best one you can get which is counter to the idea of meritocracy.

Of course, if this is the hiring mindset of the DNC in general, no wonder the Russians managed to successfully phish them in the last election.
edit on 1-11-2017 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 05:36 PM
link   

What if there are perfectly qualified candidates who are none of those things?

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 05:38 PM
link   

What if the best candidate is a POC? Hire him or her.

What if the best candidate is a straight, white, male? The DNC wouldn't know because they don't want his application.

That's the problem with this.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 05:38 PM
link   

You evade answering my question.

Here...try again:

So if the most qualified candidate just happens to be white, male or straight...he shouldn't get the job? You're okay with discriminating against him?

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 05:39 PM
link   

I think it's more like saying "I know there are some great candidates out there who aren't straight white males, and I'd like to find them". Do you think it's possible to find great employees that aren't straight white males, or not?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join