It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Covent Garden: Panic as taxi 'ploughs into shoppers' in central London

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Covent Garden: Panic as taxi 'ploughs into shoppers' in central London

“People down under taxi.”

Shocked shoppers said scores of police cars and ambulances descended on the road just moments after the crash.

Some people reported they had been locked inside restaurants and bars near the scene.

I hope this isn't another terrorist attack.
The article says it's not being treated as such. Let's hope it stays that way, though it's an awful thing to be sure I do hope it's just a traffic accident.

I'll update as more comes in.

edit on 5453Wednesday201713 by silo13 because: vid add

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   

They added: "We are aware of injuries but await further confirmation. "The driver of the taxi stopped at the scene and has been detained by police.

"This is being treated as a serious road traffic collision, and not thought to be terrorist-related."

“A man was treated for a serious leg injury and taken to a major trauma centre as a priority.

“Two other patients were treated for minor injuries and also taken to hospital. A fourth patient was checked over at the scene.”
source
edit on 1803Wednesday201713 by silo13 because: add bold

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: silo13

From the article: “This is being treated as a serious road traffic collision, and not thought to be terrorist related.”

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Autorico

Yeah I posted that in the reply right above you - but - my question is, with all the 'unrest' - if 'they'd' tell us if it was a terrorist act?

Though with the driver in custody that would pretty much rule out a cover-up... ???

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I'd say accident.. The current trend is the attacker fleeing the seen or continuing to attack people..

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: silo13
a reply to: Autorico

Yeah I posted that in the reply right above you - but - my question is, with all the 'unrest' - if 'they'd' tell us if it was a terrorist act?

Though with the driver in custody that would pretty much rule out a cover-up... ???

Yes they would tell us.

News like this never really got much airtime or attention until recently so everytime a car mounts a kerb people panic and start looking for terrorists that are not there.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 02:25 PM
link   
If people are fleeing the scene of a road accident instead of running towards it trying to help like we should do, why is that?

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
If people are fleeing the scene of a road accident instead of running towards it trying to help like we should do, why is that?

Most likley because they have been reading too many tabloids and getting thier news from faceboox so are fleeing a terrorist attacker as opposed to rushing to see if they can help a fellow human/humans that have been involved in an accident?

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

Most likley because they have been reading too many tabloids and getting thier news from faceboox so are fleeing a terrorist attacker as opposed to rushing to see if they can help a fellow human/humans that have been involved in an accident?

It's more likely that there is a growing trend of terrorists using vehicles to run over pedestrians. You know the old saying: better safe than sorry.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Its not unusual for some one to leg it from a crime scene, always remember taking a bit of a walk to get a few beers in and normally i'd of crossed the road but for some reason I decided to stay on that side and suddenly some idiot going at stupid MPH came around and whacked into a car I'd of been walking past at the moment and then pulled down hoodie and legged it.

Not a spiritual person but I still say that it was my great aunt giving me a bit of look in as she'd died the day before and it did feel strange not to cross the road at that point.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   

It's more likely that there is a growing trend of terrorists using vehicles to run over pedestrians. You know the old saying: better safe than sorry.

You could but I am pretty sure that car crashes still outnumber terrorists crashing cars by a considerable ammount.

I hav seen a good few crashes an been involved in a few so if I saw a car crash my first thought would not be oh my god it must be one of those crazy Muslim terrorists would you?

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 02:54 PM
link   

If it jumped a curb and started running over people I would definitely think twice about running towards it. In Germany they erected barriers around their Christmas markets, and it’s not because car crashes are prevelant.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Autorico
a reply to: silo13

From the article: “This is being treated as a serious road traffic collision, and not thought to be terrorist related.”

Show the driver's face so we can see if he sports that bearded feral Islamist look or not.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

I can't tell if you are joking or not..?

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 04:04 PM
link   

I can't tell if you are joking or not..?

Did you see the mugshot of the Manhattan rental truck terrorist?

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Yes

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 04:10 PM
link   

In Germany they erected barriers around their Christmas markets, and it’s not because car crashes are prevelant.

No, no, it´s all to make the people think that they are safe, all the time and everywhere.
Sarcasm off

This is just another tool to keep the people in anxiety. You have to remind the people everywhere and all the time that they are not safe till a total police- and surveillance state is created!

"They" put barriers around christmas markets? Terrorists drive on bicycle paths to hurt and kill people. If "they", our protectors, blocked all the bicycle paths with barriers, terrorists will find another way to spread terror. I don´t believe that those barriers would stop a terrorist that would like to attack a christmas market. He still could blow up himself, could attack with a knife, an axe or whatever.

These are cheap excuses of the rulers: Look, we do everything to protect you from those terror attacks on christmas markets, that happen every three days in christmas season. At least they make people think, feel like that, in reality we had one, again, one attack on a christmas market.

And it´s obvious that this attack was nothing else than guided terrorism, another "masterpiece" of the german "deep state". There are one million "flops, failures and fumbles" of "our protectors" in that case, that not even a comedy movie regisseur would take that story to make a movie out of it, too ridiculous. We now have even evidence that an undercover agent(V-Mann) of the Verfassungsschutz incited Amri(and others, the so called Abu Walaa group) to do attacks in germany, not to go to syria, to fight there. Using words like: You don´t have a passport anyway and can´t travel to syria...

It´s the same V-Mann that drove Amri through germany, while Amri told him allegedly that he wanted to buy weapons to start an attack in germany. "They" could have arrested Amri several times, but somehow he was protected by an invisible hand, these are no coincidences, flops, failures and fumbles anymore.

If "they" would really try to protect the people, then they would arrest people that tell undercover agents that they want do start an attack in germany, and not protect them, till they could start their attacks!

But we get barriers around christmas markets!
As reminders, that we are never safe from the evil muslim terrorist that "our protectors couldn´t stop".
Till big brother is watching all of us, all of the time, at every possible location!

There is a new story about an alleged terrorist, 19 years old, that could be stopped "in the last second".
"Late enough to have all the evidence, early enough to stop him from doing a bomb attack", following the words of "our" interiour minister(the most anti-democratic minister job, at least in germany)! How good for the "protectors", can be celebrated as heroes while the people are scared once again.

I don´t believe him and "our protectors" just one word anymore!
The story is, present state, that Yamen A, arrested in Schwerin, was building a bomb with TATP.

For sure he did what all the terrorists do today(to get arrested to 100%), he did everything about the internet, getting the bomb plans, the recipe for the TATP. The MSM isn´t getting tired to tell us that TATP is THE evidence, because it´s "almost only used by islamists", they call it Mother of the Devil, as the people, that should not be afraid, know now. Thanks the MSM.

Other "irrefutable" evidence is a cellphone or cellphone parts and two walkie talkies plus batteries. You know, for the remote controlled detonators. How many i could build with stuff in my household, arrest me please...

The interesting part comes now. Yamen A wasn´t a radical when he arrived in germany, the officials tell us that he radicalized himself here. And that he had contact, via the web for sure("irrefutable evidence"), with a person who called himself "Soldier of the Caliphate"...

I bet today that this so called Soldier of the Caliphate is V-Mann, one of our protectors, that incited Yamen A to try to build a bomb, so that our protectors could stop and arrest him. "Late enough to have all the evidence, early enough to stop him from doing a bomb attack".

That would have injured and killed a lot of people and would have done a lot of damage, as the MSM isn´t getting tired to tell us on all channels, all around the clock. To "not concern the people", to "not keep them in a state of constant fear". At the same time they tell us how brave the west is, that it doesn´t let terror attacks change our liberal western lifestyle, "because New York celebrated Halloween last night". While christmas markets are surrounded by beton barriers, while almost everybody is observed almost all the time nowadays, in the "war against the terror", while masses of people turn to rightwingers and neonazis, because of all those "evil muslim terrorsts that couldn´t be stopped by our protectors"...

That´s another thing, seconds after the attack in NY occurred, german news channels started special broadcastings that lasted the whole day and night. You know, to not scare the people and stuff... I mean, this wasn´t a second 9/11, not even a second Las Vegas shootings. And it didn´t happen in germany. But we need special broadcasts the day and night, here in germany.

"Our protectors" are the masterminds of all those fishy terror acts, to make the people even beg for big brother, for a police- and surveillance state. There is enough evidence out there, we just don´t want to see it, to realize it!

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Very clean hair cut on the truck driver sort of anti mullet, the unkempt beard is all below the face.
You know what they say about the mullet hair style "business up front party in the back".

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Cauliflower

Where did you see a pic of the guy? I couldn't find one.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Yes

They you seen a feral Islamist and what they look like.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join