It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A profound tweet I read today

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Im in the "abolish the CIA" camp already

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

originally posted by: dfnj2015
This will make you think, or not.

Brown guy kills 8 with a truck: "WALLS! BANS! BARRICADES!"

White guy kills 59 with guns: "well what can you do"

The problem is, it's completely false.

Sad how many people don't realize it.

Actually, it's embarrassing.

I swear people are more emotionally retarded now than ever before

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

What current laws that would have stopped this "white" guy weren't being enforced?

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus
I guess the best racial strategy is not to participate.

Just do what's best for your family, and let other people get bent out of shape and freak out over minor issues.

In the end, what you have done for your family and yourself is what really matters.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

What current laws that would have stopped this "white" guy weren't being enforced?

So what would have stopped him?

See...that is the thing. Nothing will stop someone hell bent on killing people. Renting a Ryder truck is cheaper that putting a large arsenal together, and just as effective. And you have a couple of options for how to carry out such an attack.

That is the whole point...we would need to resort to Minority Report tactics (a major hurdle with current tech) to have a chance to stop the random killer. "Lone gunman" is a term for method...but in the end its a random killer much like the folks who drive into crowds.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Thanks to virtually zero background being released on the man by the FBI since they've gone stone silent on him, we don't know. It is almost always preferable to know the information before you react, otherwise we're doing little more than spitballing, which is a ridiculous way to legislate.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Not really. One is an act of terror. The other is not.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

So what would have stopped him?

See...that is the thing. Nothing will stop someone hell bent on killing people. Renting a Ryder truck is cheaper that putting a large arsenal together, and just as effective. And you have a couple of options for how to carry out such an attack.

Then why didn't he do that instead of all the guns? There must be a reason. Maybe because guns are so much cooler, at least to an American male?

And if nothing will stop someone hell bent on killing people, then why ban innocent refugees from coming here? It won't make a difference if most of the terrorist attacks that have happened here in the last 10 years have been from people who were born here. The guy in NYC was an anomaly, actually.

That is the whole point...we would need to resort to Minority Report tactics (a major hurdle with current tech) to have a chance to stop the random killer. "Lone gunman" is a term for method...but in the end its a random killer much like the folks who drive into crowds.

Hence the tweet quote. "What can be done?" So, it wasn't false after all.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   

So, your answer was to enforce existing laws, but you can't tell me which laws, which means your answer is not helpful at all.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 04:33 PM
link   

So, your answer was to enforce existing laws, but you can't tell me which laws, which means your answer is not helpful at all.

Well, murdering people is illegal... so maybe that would be a good existing law to enforce. What's that? "obviously murdering people is illegal" you say? Gaze in wide eyed awe and wonderment at how well the nation's law enforcement has done at enforcing that law and then tell me how any manner of additional new laws, restrictions, or rights crushing regulations are going to make one god damned difference to anyone other than law abiding citizens.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Blowing people up and running them over in the name of Allah is already illegal too. No need for any other restrictions.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Blowing people up and running them over in the name of Allah is already illegal too. No need for any other restrictions.

Well, if we find some cult that the Vegas shooter belonged to which commands it's members to kill the unbelievers, then by all means... let's enact a common sense ban on them. Until that discovery is made, you're trying to compare and contrast a nutjob who went off the rails with a member of an organization which encouraged him to kill people.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 04:56 PM
link   
What a load of BS coming from all of you. Prevarication in the extreme. Talk about guns, talk about opinions, BS, BS, BS.
I'll be the devils advocate and spell it clearly for you.
It was a race bait. Nothing to do with guns or opinions.
Brown guy kills 8 with a truck. "WALLS! BANS! BARRICADES!" That answer there is indignation, false shock, we have to do something scenario.
White man kills 59 with guns." Well what can you do". That answer there is indifference, or "so what".
First answer in capital letters to shout indignation.
Second answer in lower case to make it less impact than the first answer.
Now if you want a reasonable answer you should have took the "brown" bit and the "white" bit out of the post but being as you left them in indicates you were looking for a race based reason which actually nobody has given.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Islam does not command or encourage any Muslim to kill innocent non-Muslims.

It is kind of funny, though, how angry people get when innocents are killed by a terrorist, but when innocents are killed by a non-Muslim, it's "meh, stuff happens".

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Look, no matter how you slice or dice it, the LV attack is dodgy AF. With almost zero follow-up in the past month. No motive. No concise timeline. More questions than answers.

Yet this NYC thing is practically all wrapped up with a bow, including the dude still being alive.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

So what about all the other "white" guys who shot up a bunch of people? Is it just "meh, what can you do" for them too?

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Islam does not command or encourage any Muslim to kill innocent non-Muslims.

You're right, the Quran does not command or encourage innocent non0muslims to be killed... but the way it defines "innocence" is sure one hell of a bait and switch to allow you and other apologists to make that excuse.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Innocent means they aren't actively trying to kill you and/or your family at the moment.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Shall not be infringed

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Complete nonsense!! A little more than "what can you do". I believe they beefed up security, looked into his background, ongoing investigation, etc. I believe he was also a democrat targeting republicans. If he had full auto, those are banned (I have my own theories why he used bump), but that's a different discussion.
Was this guy illegal? ISIS? As far as I've heard, no solutions yet, but keep beating your idiotic left drum to a narrative that isn't even there.
I haven't heard an EO about "brown people"! Quit buying that CRAP!!! You are the problem if that is your train of thought.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join