It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A profound tweet I read today

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
This will make you think, or not.

Brown guy kills 8 with a truck: "WALLS! BANS! BARRICADES!"

White guy kills 59 with guns: "well what can you do"

Interesting, I see no calls for banning trucks from the "brown guy's" actions... only calls for measures to stop a lunatic from being in the the position to do this to begin with. Yet with the "white guy," we seemed to have nothing but calls to bannish the inanimate tool he used to carry out his hatred from the same folks who brought us "OMG, a wall and a travel ban is just so unfair, you guys! *whine, bitch, piss, moan, sob* "

Build the GD wall, enforce the GD travel ban, leave the actual Constitutional rights of American citizens TF alone would seem to be a fairly consistent message between the two you're grousing about, ya?

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
a reply to: Eshel

See, you're wrong again. I understand it is difficult to accept.
I still believe you did not read it. That is my opinion. See how it did not change the facts?

My opinion cannot be false because it is mine. A person's viewpoint cannot be negated because you disagree with them. That is the sole reason there's so many arguments on politics, religion, etc. People are entitled to believe what they wish and that is their opinion.

Your opinion on this matter is that a person's sole belief can be wrong. Your opinion is false.

I did read the definition, therefore your opinion that I did not is utterly false. Even your claim that "An opinion, by definition, cannot be false (or true for that matter) ", is utterly false. The stupid argument that an opinion cannot be false because it is yours, is false, utterly so.

...and BOOM! we've gotten to name calling. LOL
I apologize you are unable to comprehend the simple ideas of what an opinion is. It must be difficult to go through life without your own thoughts on matters. It is comforting to know that the only words that come from your mouth are undeniable truths. You know, since obviously you don't have any opinions on anything.

I suppose all religious points of view are wrong but yours. Based on the fact that people are not allowed to have opinions that you deem false.

Your opinion on this matter is false. And the more you debate me on you being correct only further proves my point. We are allowed to have differing opinions.

Another example: My opinion is that the sun is yellow. My sister's opinion is that the sun is orange. Now we are both entitled to this opinion, however the facts would tell us something otherwise. Our opinions are based on how we view the sun, not based on the facts presentable. (does this clarify it for you?)

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I would like to apologize for thread drift. I'll keep it on point regardless of responses now

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Eshel

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
a reply to: Eshel

See, you're wrong again. I understand it is difficult to accept.
I still believe you did not read it. That is my opinion. See how it did not change the facts?

My opinion cannot be false because it is mine. A person's viewpoint cannot be negated because you disagree with them. That is the sole reason there's so many arguments on politics, religion, etc. People are entitled to believe what they wish and that is their opinion.

Your opinion on this matter is that a person's sole belief can be wrong. Your opinion is false.

I did read the definition, therefore your opinion that I did not is utterly false. Even your claim that "An opinion, by definition, cannot be false (or true for that matter) ", is utterly false. The stupid argument that an opinion cannot be false because it is yours, is false, utterly so.

...and BOOM! we've gotten to name calling. LOL
I apologize you are unable to comprehend the simple ideas of what an opinion is. It must be difficult to go through life without your own thoughts on matters. It is comforting to know that the only words that come from your mouth are undeniable truths. You know, since obviously you don't have any opinions on anything.

I suppose all religious points of view are wrong but yours. Based on the fact that people are not allowed to have opinions that you deem false.

Your opinion on this matter is false. And the more you debate me on you being correct only further proves my point. We are allowed to have differing opinions.

Another example: My opinion is that the sun is yellow. My sister's opinion is that the sun is orange. Now we are both entitled to this opinion, however the facts would tell us something otherwise. Our opinions are based on how we view the sun, not based on the facts presentable. (does this clarify it for you?)

Let me guess, it's your opinion that I called you names. Again, false, and I would argue a blatant lie, proven wrong by reading my post. No one has ever said people are not allowed to have false opinions. Another lie, proven wrong by reading my posts.. I never said that what comes from my mouth are undeniable truths. Another lie, proven wrong by reading my posts.

Falsities, lies, and misinformation—you're entitled to believe it all, speak it all, and cherish it all.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Please tell me who said, "well what can you do?" in response to the Las Vegas shooting? It's like arguing with my wife, she hears what she wants to hear and not what I'm actually saying.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: TobyFlenderson

It's like arguing with my wife, she hears what she wants to hear and not what I'm actually saying.

That's silly. Everybody knows Toby's wife divorced him, so he's not part of the Dunder-Mifflin family nor even his own family.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I complete agree in free will but I think there is an ethical fine line here with many of the opioid cases. Many people addicted to painkillers started out as normal non drug users. They break their back etc., he get prescribed this stuff for pain and become hooked. We know how the sad story ends. I worked for one of the largest Pharmaceutical companies and I can tell you first hand it is pure evil. They would have everyone addicted if they could.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

So what can we do to stop the white guy's actions?

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

I complete agree in free will but I think there is an ethical fine line here with many of the opioid cases. Many people addicted to painkillers started out as normal non drug users. They break their back etc., he get prescribed this stuff for pain and become hooked. We know how the sad story ends. I worked for one of the largest Pharmaceutical companies and I can tell you first hand it is pure evil. They would have everyone addicted if they could.

If someone is addicted due to medical care, i would look to the doctors to explain why.

I've seen people develop Munchausen due to opiod addiction. One guy would literally gut himself in the ER to get more demerol (he grabbed a scalpel and bisected his own abdomen). It was sad.

I think to effect opiod issues we need to address the military. It seems that where ever our military operates, we develop drug issues related to it. The 70's while in Nam...we get heroin. The 80's in Colombia...its coke. Now we are back in Afghanistan, its heroin again.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   

I think you could take it a step beyond the military, though.

Where is CIA sending a lot of people?

Same answers.

Who's been proven to be involved in what amounts to sanctioned drug trafficking?

Welllllll now....

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

It sure did make me think. It made me think, "Why the hell do we listen to frickin Tweets?"

So I wasn't the only one wondering how a Tweet was any more profound than a fart?

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   

(of a person or statement) having or showing great knowledge or insight. "a profound philosopher" synonyms: wise, learned, clever, intelligent, with/showing great knowledge, knowledgeable, intellectual, scholarly, sage, sagacious, erudite, discerning, penetrating, perceptive, astute, thoughtful, full of insight, insightful, percipient, perspicacious, philosophical, deep; raresapient "a profound analysis of the problems"

yeah about as profound as this

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: burdman30ott6

So what can we do to stop the white guy's actions?

Oooo, Oooo, Me! Me!

Make him not white? Then no one will see him do bad things because that would be racist.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Lots of jokes, deflections and off-topic comments on this thread, but no answers.

Funny how quick we are to hand out solutions when it's a terrorist from another country though.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Enforce the laws already on the books, for starters.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

even "bump stocks" can't get outlawed by this impotent republican congress. but, tax breaks for the wealthy, no problem.....how many decades need to pass before voters finally get it? they don't give a s**t about poor people, they want them to just go away and die.
Bump stocks or Meds which came first which is the greater problem? Why did you mention the perps skin color? We don't know who did the Vegas shooting we know the who and the MO of the truck driver. " Don't go away angry just go away." Protect "Borders Language and Culture" -Doc Savage

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Motive is known for only one of those attacks mentioned in the tweet.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Hmm, when someone commits a crime who is here in the country who shouldn't be or didn't have to be, what's the obvious question to ask?

Why were they here to begin with?

It's like asking after the fact how Tim McVeigh and Terry Nichols pulled off the OKC Bombing. Well, they didn't do anything out of the ordinary that would have or should have raised any red flags.

Buying things that are perfectly legal when you are yourself perfectly legal isn't tipping anyone off to a problem ... unlike someone who is here illegally should ... unlike allowing in a bunch of folks from countries known to harbor high numbers of people prone to carrying out random truck rampages ... etc.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Well...to be fair there is nothing wrong about demanding curremt laws be enforced before seeking to erode my rights further with more laws

If ive lost freedom why shouldnt i be able to ask that this loss be spent wisely before lookimg at taking more?

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 03:34 PM
link   
What a profound opening post...

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join