It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A profound tweet I read today

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   
This will make you think, or not.

Brown guy kills 8 with a truck: "WALLS! BANS! BARRICADES!"

White guy kills 59 with guns: "well what can you do"

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   
No guilt.

"You only criticize and hate in other people what you do not like about your own character."

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

The most profound tweet i have read to that was in response to a piece of paper that said: "It's okay to be white".

The profound tweets were calling it "racism" and ripping them down and saying "get the f#$% outa here".

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus
No guilt.

"You only criticize and hate in other people what you do not like about your own character."

I did not make any ad hominem attacks. What are you talking about?

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

even "bump stocks" can't get outlawed by this impotent republican congress. but, tax breaks for the wealthy, no problem.....how many decades need to pass before voters finally get it? they don't give a s**t about poor people, they want them to just go away and die.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   
nothing personal... it just struck me as ironic..... no offence intended. I have to say though , no matter who's presenting this set of comments, they are indistinguishable as nothing but racist baiting. White's are attacked daily 24/7, were to the point it's just blather.
edit on 1-11-2017 by Plotus because: Zyzzx Road, the treasure of California

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: DrStevenBrule

The most profound tweet i have read to that was in response to a piece of paper that said: "It's okay to be white".

The profound tweets were calling it "racism" and ripping them down and saying "get the f#$% outa here".

I don't think the issue was about it being okay to be white. I think the tweet is more a commentary about people's reactions to certain events with different circumstances.

There may be truth to how people react crimes. It wasn't that long ago when we had Jim Crow laws not allowing black people to participate in jury duty. It may be racial. But regardless, the idea you can't do anything about guns is something to think about.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I guess the best racial strategy is not to participate.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

even "bump stocks" can't get outlawed by this impotent republican congress. but, tax breaks for the wealthy, no problem.....how many decades need to pass before voters finally get it? they don't give a s**t about poor people, they want them to just go away and die.

The cabal of billionaires are the ones giving the lobbyists money so they are the only ones who get representation in this government. Government by the cabal, for the cabal. We the people where people equals billionaire. Billionaires rule!

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 12:20 PM
link   

The cabal of billionaires are the ones giving the lobbyists money so they are the only ones who get representation in this government. Government by the cabal, for the cabal. We the people where people equals billionaire. Billionaires rule!

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

...shall not be infringed

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   

So why weren't "bump stocks" outlawed by Obongo's impotent Dimocrat congress?

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   

If you think bumpstocks or any firearm, or any other firearm mod is the issue then you need to sit down and rethink your whole outlook on life. Guns arent the issue, the people behind them are the issue.

Are we going to call for a ban on automobiles? All vehicles must be fully autonomous? Lets arrest all persons in possession with non-autonomous vehicles. Modifying vehicles is now a felony punishable by up to life in prison. All knives, objects with sharp edges, anything that's made from a substance harder than that of NERF foam shall be outlawed.

What is it with people blaming guns for everything? Is it just an irrational fear? Are people scared that firearms wake up in the middle of the night and go on rampages?

The biggest issue with firearms, for those who own them, and especially for those who oppose them, is the lack of education about them. Banning, restricting, or otherwise inhibiting the ownership of a firearm is unconstitutional at best, and does nothing except make criminals out of law abiding citizens. The ones who obtain firearms and use them in nefarious ways, will do so whether you strip legal gun owners of their rights or not. The ONLY people punished by banning/restricting firearms are the legal law abiding owners, period.
edit on 11/1/2017 by imthegoat because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: imthegoat

Lots of money in bumpstocks. Let freedom reign!

They should make bazookas, 50-caliber machines guns, and stinger missiles legal too. The 2nd Amendment rights are more important than any other right. Guns are worth dying for.

edit on 1-11-2017 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Yeah. Deep. That's real real 'profound'.

"Brown guy".....lmao.

A better tweet might have been :

"Dude looks like any other brown-eyed white guy with a mangled, nasty beard , but let's toss race into this...and hope no one realizes "islamic" isn't a racial classification"

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Maverick1

People have very strong discriminating views about the circumstances of death. I don't think the comment was a racist statement or anti-white. Just an observation about how people in react to different circumstances. I think it's a commentary on values.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Lack of education?

So...gun classes will SOMEHOW make people not want to murder others?

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   

do you think walls, bans and barricades will reduce terrorism?

the white nationalist who mowed down people - do you consider them terrorists.. or, very fine people?
edit on 1-11-2017 by knoxie because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: avgguy
a reply to: jimmyx

...shall not be infringed

Tanks? Missiles? Class A explosives? Where do you draw the line?

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   

It sure did make me think. It made me think, "Why the hell do we listen to frickin Tweets?"

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join