It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Stalks Mars Rover Caught On Camera

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

How do we even know that's actually Mars the red planet or Mars just North of Mojave Base aka Earth?

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: KonquestAbySS

Good question. I guess we just have to believe what NASA tells or shows us, right?

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Phage debunked this on threads long ago. Its an image artifact in the CCD or some such. That why it appears in the same place in the pics, explaining the 'stalking for years' comments.

Theres two cameras on the mast, taking stereo images, thats why it appears on one but not the other, I think.

Mastcam-Z has two cameras ... The cameras are separated by 9.5 inches (24.2 centimeters) to provide stereo vision.

Source

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   
This is an enlargement of the only real Mars UFO that I know of. Still not explained.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
This is an enlargement of the only real Mars UFO that I know of. Still not explained.

Where is that from?

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skywatcher2011
a reply to: luke1212

Black object top left corner. Zoom in and you will see it. I don't know of anything that should be flying over Mars. Is this legit or photoshopped? Don't know. Will need raw footage to analyze.

It seems to move with the filters over the camera. Perhaps it's a bit of dirt, dust or scratch on that piece of glass?
Otherwise it's a Martian sand-fly or flea.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: stormcell

originally posted by: Skywatcher2011
a reply to: luke1212

Black object top left corner. Zoom in and you will see it. I don't know of anything that should be flying over Mars. Is this legit or photoshopped? Don't know. Will need raw footage to analyze.

It seems to move with the filters over the camera. Perhaps it's a bit of dirt, dust or scratch on that piece of glass?
Otherwise it's a Martian sand-fly or flea.

It's on the right camera, not on the left.
Debunked.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Xzavior

Maybe an alien FLY?

edit on 1-11-2017 by mekhanics because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: mekhanics
edit on 1-11-2017 by mekhanics because: (double post)

edit on 1-11-2017 by mekhanics because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

Its not debunked. If it is an artifact it would show on every picture not just in pictures years apart

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xzavior

Its not debunked. If it is an artifact it would show on every picture not just in pictures years apart

It doesn't show on the left camera.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   

The left camera is blind in that exact spot.

I'm going with bird poop on the right camera.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien
Where is that from?

It's an image from the Spirit rover in 2004:
mars.nasa.gov...

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

In addition, only Viking 1 and 2 were left in orbits that could produce motion as fast as that seen by Spirit. Said Mark Lemmon, a rover team member from Texas A&M University, Texas, "Is this the first image of a meteor on Mars, or an image of a spacecraft sent from another world during the dawn of our robotic space exploration program? We may never know, but we are still looking for clues."

mars.nasa.gov...

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 02:25 PM
link   
The gif in the OP is 2 stereo shots. There are 2 left and 2 right. On one set, there is nothing, on the other set, there is the object or artifact seen on both the left and right sides of the pictures. And they are seen with a slightly different shape.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: NowanKenubi

No.
The "object" only appears in images from the right front HazCam. All of them, since Sol 215.
HazCam

edit on 11/1/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

In addition, only Viking 1 and 2 were left in orbits that could produce motion as fast as that seen by Spirit. Said Mark Lemmon, a rover team member from Texas A&M University, Texas, "Is this the first image of a meteor on Mars, or an image of a spacecraft sent from another world during the dawn of our robotic space exploration program? We may never know, but we are still looking for clues."

mars.nasa.gov...

Yup. Still unidentified. I personally don't think it's a meteor, because it's too straight and compact. I guessed way back when that it was a satellite, because you can see how it might be rotating. But... ?

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Haha, woups. I hadn't seen those. Thank you.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   
You get these little "bugs" showing up in the cameras all the time. They're easier to see if you take a sequence of photos and make them into an animation. One frame they're there, next one they're gone. I have yet to find one that lingers around that isn't a bad pixel, though:

Here's one where there's a bad pixel in the upper left, and two bugs -- one near the bright spot and another toward the lower right:

edit on 1-11-2017 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-11-2017 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

originally posted by: Phage

mars.nasa.gov...

Yup. Still unidentified. I personally don't think it's a meteor, because it's too straight and compact. I guessed way back when that it was a satellite, because you can see how it might be rotating. But... ?

Yeah it does look like it was rotating.

Because the object appeared to move 4 degrees of an arc in 15 seconds it is probably not the Russian probes Mars 2, Mars 3, Mars 5, or Phobos 2; or the American probes Mariner 9 or Viking 1. That leaves Viking 2, which has a polar orbit that would fit with the north-south orientation of the streak.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join