It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Papadopoulos met "Professor", Joseph Mifsud, while in college, No Real Russia Connection?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 02:01 PM
link   
That makes two counts of Team Trump operatives frothing at the mouth to 'get the dirt'

First Trump the Younger, now Papadopoulos
Two ocassions involving Russians to do so
Both times, nothing was forthcoming

Fool me once, shame on you ... !

What all of this points to though,is that, however you spin it
Team Trump were/still are chronically wet behind the ears
inexperienced, gullible and ripe for being 'approached'

Russia has past form :

The notion of Russia attempting to influence American elections isn’t particularly new. In 1960 and 1968, Soviet spies reached out to Democratic candidates to offer assistance in the form of friendly propaganda or secret funding.

Both of the candidates in question, Adlai Stevenson and Hubert Humphrey, turned down their offer (and went on to lose their campaigns).

In 1976, the KGB tried a different tactic, forging FBI documents suggesting that hardline anti-Communist Sen. Scoop Jackson was gay, then sending them off to different newspapers in a bid to derail his campaign.

It was a kind of precursor to the weaponization of fake news we saw last cycle, with Russian bots sharing anti-Clinton innuendo on Facebook and Twitter.

The Russian bid to influence the 2016 combined outreach to a potentially friendly campaign and spreading fake news with the theft of Clinton’s private emails.

It was a comprehensive campaign, one far more aggressive and far-reaching than its Soviet-era precursors — and it never would have really worked without a campaign like Trump’s to bounce off of.

Link

Think about this for a while ...
We know that Trump has a serious boner
for building a Trump Tower in Moscow

If you're Trump the Younger or a young staffer (Papadopoulos)
Is it that hard to believe that theese two scallywags
wouldn't stop at anything to get into the Donald's good books ?

There's a bit of instant leverage on those two...
How do we explain Paul 'Three passports' Manafort ?

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: pavil

I agree. I just hear guilty people say how can you trust a guy that lies when talking about informants.

edit on 1-11-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

I agree. I just hear guilty people say how can you trust a guy that lies when talking about informants.

And was he wearing a wire....some think so.

Papadopoulos could be Muellers secret weapon with the real deal.

www.slate.com...

edit on 1-11-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Or who else is or could be wearing a wire?

Pretty sure everyone is thinking that in the administration right now.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou
a reply to: xuenchen Do you have any proof of this or is that just another fall back of yours? You seem to have alot of those. Go to bed your drunk dude.

Is he drunk?

I remember back when Trump complained that Obama had wiretapped Trump Tower.
I heard members here ridiculing him for making the statement at the time.

I saw one of those members mentioning just yesterday why Trump Tower was wiretapped.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 02:21 PM
link   

a reply to: olaru12

Or who else is or could be wearing a wire?

Pretty sure everyone is thinking that in the administration right now.

Trumps criminal dealing with the Russian Mafia went on for years and to think the FBI wouldn't be
tracking Trump is naive.

Trump in his arrogance thought he was to big to fail...lol

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

And was he wearing a wire....some think so.

www.slate.com...

Yes this is probably the best chance to get real dirt on someone else in trumps camp.

The fact that they publicly let people know that George turned means they already got meat, or they dont think anyone was going to say anything incriminating to him.

Time will tell.

link   
a reply to: butcherguy
Trump's claim was political wire tapping. Not that his campaign manager was a scumbag and has been under investigation for about a decade.
edit on 1-11-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: raymundoko
a reply to: kelbtalfenek

What exactly do you think Pap's pled guilty to?

Edit Here, I will help you:

Papadopoulos pleaded guilty on Oct. 5 to one count of lying to FBI agents about the nature of his interactions with "foreign nationals" who he thought had close connections to senior Russian government officials.

It's looking more and more like this guy was a nobody who wanted to be a somebody.

Since he grew up in my neck of the woods I would tend to agree agre. nobody who wanted to pretend like he was somebody. That is essentially what the Washington Post said in their write up about him in March of 2016.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

As for Professor Mifsud, the paper's story is somewhat contradictory, since it says,"We are academics. We work closely with everybody.”
while later it says, '“absolutely no contact” with the Russian government and was instead just an academic who didn’t even speak Russian.'

I would think he meant by working with everybody was everybody within academics, and not EVERYBODY including direct Government involvement. With Russia you can label just about everyone "Government" though maybe not truly like a direct connection.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Since he grew up in my neck of the woods I would tend to agree agre. nobody who wanted to pretend like he was somebody. That is essentially what the Washington Post said in their write up about him in March of 2016.

Wasn't his crime actually lying about Russian connections that he actually didn't have?

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Possibly. It's also is probably enough to get him mic'd up for the last two months.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 02:37 PM
link   

a reply to: butcherguy
Trump's claim was political wire tapping. Not that his campaign manager was a scumbag and has been under investigation for about a decade.

We still don't know that he wasn't right about the political part.
It matters not, because when he said it, he was ridiculed for saying it happened at all, not for a reason.... and was denied by all that were actually aware of it.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Here's the reason to think there's something major here. Look at Muellers team, the strength of this case convinced them all to leave very high paying private sector jobs to pursue it. If the early stages of the investigation weren't a guaranteed slam dunk case, that never would have happened.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
It matters not, because when he said it, he was ridiculed for saying it happened at all, not for a reason.... and was denied by all that were actually aware of it.

What he was ridiculed for wasn't the assertion that he was under surveilance. It was that Obama broke several laws, and personally ordered surveilance of a private citizen outside of an investigation, just to obtain blackmail material.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   
From early reports on Papadopolous:

Almost all his work appears to have revolved around the role of Greece, Cyprus and an Israeli natural gas discovery in the eastern Mediterranean. Yet Jonathan Stern, director of gas research at the Oxford Institute for Energy Studies, said when asked about Papadopoulos: “He does ring a very faint bell but he’s not written anything very significant on East Mediterranean natural gas and pipelines that I can remember.”

WaPo

And

But his claim to have served for several years as a fellow at the Washington-based Hudson Institute was refuted by David Tell, Hudson senior fellow and director of public affairs, who said the institute’s “records indicate that Mr. Papadopoulos started here as an unpaid intern in 2011 and subsequently provided some contractual research assistance to one of our senior fellows.”

Papadopoulos also lists attendance as “U.S. Representative at the 2012 Geneva International Model United Nations.” Two people who were part of the delegation that year, including Antony Papadopoulos (no relation), current secretary general of the Geneva program, said they had no recollection of him being there.

WaPo

And

He has been awarded by the U.S.
State Department as a finalist to represent the United States at UNESCO in 2011.

George Papadopoulos

Possibly relevant:

In 2011 Hillary Rodham Clinton became the first sitting Secretary of State to visit UNESCO...

US Department of State

Note that the dates on all of the above excerpts are before the elections.

As far as Trump giving him an attaboy? Of course Trump is going to be the promoter. What would one expect, Trump is going to badmouth anyone on his team?

Papadopolous is barely a minor accent in this symphony of chaos which is our current political system.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

originally posted by: butcherguy

What he was ridiculed for wasn't the assertion that he was under surveilance. It was that Obama broke several laws, and personally ordered surveilance of a private citizen outside of an investigation, just to obtain blackmail material.

It wasn't the pount anyway.
The point was that he was aware of the eavesdropping early on.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

That is the point of the OP here. It seems he way overstated what he had access to. When the FBI came to him he denied making those claims. The FBI then uncovered proof he made those claims and charged him with lying and flipped him, it seems he has been wearing a wire according to the verbiage.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: HeadCrunchMcRockGroin

originally posted by: kelbtalfenek
a reply to: raymundoko

OK, so your OP is more credible than Mueller, and Papadobopoulos has already pled guilty...Hmmmm.

If there's a crime, there's a crime. You don't plea guilty if you didn't do the crime, or another more serious crime.

He plead guilty to a process crime of lying.

Exactly...because he was guilty of it.

Stop minimizing stuff just because it's connected to Trump. If the Trump supporters were serious about wanting to clean out the swamp, perhaps they'd want the swamp and sewer rats as far away from their emperor as possible...but nope, they want to minimize. This is the crap that drives me crazy. Be objective, not subjective.

And if he's guilty of lying about one thing, what makes you think he's not lying about other things???
edit on 1-11-2017 by kelbtalfenek because: reasons

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   
This is the McNothing Burger value meal, where you get the small portion with no condiments.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join