It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Grand Jury Docs Have Been Unsealed, and It’s Looking Even Worse for Manafort

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
When we find out Mueller cut a deal with Trump, Manafort is takes his sword and the Clinton/Podesta Cabal finally collapses we can all have a good laugh. That is looking like the end game. Manafort has done the same thing as both Podestas. They lobby. No conspiracy against the US for any of them. Just greed. When you become rich by illegal means sometimes you get caught but only for a reason.

Manafort is not the president. He was a 3 month part of the campaign and when some irregularities were found he was fired. Not kept on but fired. This has nothing to do with the presidency no matter the wet dream you Anti-Trumpers want to believe.

What the Podestas may have done is not comparable to what Manafort has done.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

originally posted by: soberbacchus

originally posted by: aethertek
Read the article, but it distills down to this.

The presiding Judge for the Manafort indictments found the evidence so compelling that Manaforts lawyer was implicated & forced to testify about his role in aiding continuing criminal activity.

Judge Beryl A. Howell decided to compel grand jury testimony from a lawyer representing Manafort and Gates under the crime-fraud exception to attorney-client privilege.

However, privileges are not absolute; among other exceptions is the “crime-fraud” exception to attorney-client privilege. Under this exception when a privileged relationship is used to further a crime, fraud, or other misconduct, the lawyer doesn’t get to use that relationship as a shield.

Mueller’s office would have had to prove that the lawyer in question made the communication with the intent to further an unlawful or fraudulent act, and that Manafort and Gates actually carried out the crime or fraud. In other words, the judge at the grand jury proceeding found that there was plenty of evidence that Manafort and Gates had committed crime or fraud.

The Judges decision,

“Through its ex parte production of evidence, the SCO has clearly met its burden of making a prima facie showing that the crime-fraud exception applies by showing that the Targets were “engaged in or planning a criminal or fraudulent scheme when [they] sought the advice of counsel to further the scheme.”

lawnewz.com...

OUCH!
K~

Nice. So no shield for what he did from 2006-2014 as long as this attorney was the same one then. I bet the Podestas are freaking out over this news right now because it means regardless of what their attorney covers under privilege, Manaforts has to talk....LOL!

I don't know how much Manafort plans on talking.
He pleaded not guilty, but that might simply for a full look at the evidence against him.

Other interesting news is that it came out he has 3 different passports and also traveled to Mexico and China with a fake name on email and burner phone.

My guess is those passports and travels were used to open more accounts/businesses in different areas. While the indictment lists what they found so far, I would bet there are more accounts spread around and more front businesses that they have run money through.

His partner gates had 55 different bank accounts that they found.
No doubt both Manafort and Gates have accounts and alias's far beyond what prosecutors were able to find.

that is why they both got house arrest as flight risks.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

When we find out Mueller cut a deal with Trump, Manafort is takes his sword and the Clinton/Podesta Cabal finally collapses we can all have a good laugh. That is looking like the end game. Manafort has done the same thing as both Podestas. They lobby. No conspiracy against the US for any of them. Just greed. When you become rich by illegal means sometimes you get caught but only for a reason.

Manafort is not the president. He was a 3 month part of the campaign and when some irregularities were found he was fired. Not kept on but fired. This has nothing to do with the presidency no matter the wet dream you Anti-Trumpers want to believe.

Correct. It is laughable. To each their due justice, but they are entirely different scenarios and potential crimes.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   

How is that possible?? Didn't Manafort and the Podesta's work TOGETHER?

Let me guess only Manafort is a the bad guy....

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   

The presiding Judge for the Manafort indictments found the evidence so compelling that Manaforts lawyer was implicated & forced to testify about his role in aiding continuing criminal activity.

Judge Beryl A. Howell decided to compel grand jury testimony from a lawyer representing Manafort and Gates under the crime-fraud exception to attorney-client privilege.

However, privileges are not absolute; among other exceptions is the “crime-fraud” exception to attorney-client privilege. Under this exception when a privileged relationship is used to further a crime, fraud, or other misconduct, the lawyer doesn’t get to use that relationship as a shield.

Mueller’s office would have had to prove that the lawyer in question made the communication with the intent to further an unlawful or fraudulent act, and that Manafort and Gates actually carried out the crime or fraud. In other words, the judge at the grand jury proceeding found that there was plenty of evidence that Manafort and Gates had committed crime or fraud.

The Judges decision,

“Through its ex parte production of evidence, the SCO has clearly met its burden of making a prima facie showing that the crime-fraud exception applies by showing that the Targets were “engaged in or planning a criminal or fraudulent scheme when [they] sought the advice of counsel to further the scheme.”

lawnewz.com...

OUCH!
K~

Nice. So no shield for what he did from 2006-2014 as long as this attorney was the same one then. I bet the Podestas are freaking out over this news right now because it means regardless of what their attorney covers under privilege, Manaforts has to talk....LOL!

He pleaded not guilty, but that might simply for a full look at the evidence against him.

Other interesting news is that it came out he has 3 different passports and also traveled to Mexico and China with a fake name on email and burner phone.

My guess is those passports and travels were used to open more accounts/businesses in different areas. While the indictment lists what they found so far, I would bet there are more accounts spread around and more front businesses that they have run money through.

No doubt both Manafort and Gates have accounts and alias's far beyond what prosecutors were able to find.

I believe they also found that Manafort had 3 different passports.

That raises my suspicions about Trump's lawyer. He was accused of meeting with Russians in Prague and let a media outlet take pics of his passport to prove he never went to the CR.

It will be interesting to see if anything comes out on that angle, if anything new comes out at all.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 11:59 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Trump Tactics still batting 1.000

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   
The Podestas are a huge link to Clintons . Not fantasy. You all do know how the brothers have made their money right? Just...like...Manafort. They have done the same job and...in fact have worked together. Then, they will want to know how the information got out and it will go back to Obama and his SecState Clinton.

link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

It has nothing to do with the dems. Nice try.

link   

The Judges decision,

lawnewz.com...

OUCH!
K~

That raises my suspicions about Trump's lawyer. He was accused of meeting with Russians in Prague and let a media outlet take pics of his passport to prove he never went to the CR.

It will be interesting to see if anything comes out on that angle, if anything new comes out at all.

His attorney was quoted in another story stating he only has 1 passport back when the issue came up. My guess would be that this angle was looked at and nothing came up.

www.cbsnews.com...

link   

originally posted by: GuidedKill

How is that possible?? Didn't Manafort and the Podesta's work TOGETHER?

Let me guess only Manafort is a the bad guy....

Manafort is accused of not only his financial schemes, but also working for the head of a foreign government pushing pro-Russia interests.

The Podesta Group worked for Manafort for what was supposed to be a non-profit NGO, doing some lobbying work.

Come to find out it was an organization backed by foreign government money.

Connected, yes, but not the same.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: soberbacchus

They worked together....one the same things...with the same people. You see, it was just hidden till now.

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: Vasa Croe

It has nothing to do with the dems. Nice try.

Kinda like the Podestas have nothing to do with the dems?

Saying it, doesn't make it true. His crimes DEFINITELY have nothing to do with Trump....thats already clear and known.
edit on 11/1/17 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 12:05 PM
link   
If your name is Manafort or Podesta you dont want a criminal lawyer, you want a criminal lawyer...

link   

The Judges decision,

lawnewz.com...

OUCH!
K~

His attorney was quoted in another story stating he only has 1 passport back when the issue came up. My guess would be that this angle was looked at and nothing came up.

www.cbsnews.com...

Could very well be nothing to it. I do not know, but I find it interesting that it is possible to have multiple passports, using fake names, in order to travel secretly.

That possibility means nothing is off the table until completely verified.

link   
Why are their some defending the creepy pedostas on here? Wasn’t Manafort on the board of the Podesta Group during this time? Lol. Sharia blue is paying overtime I guess!

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 12:07 PM
link   

One of Washington’s most powerful lobbying firms did not disclose the wide extent of its lucrative political work for a Ukrainian group tied to both onetime Trump adviser Paul Manafort and to pro-Russian politicians, new records show. The firm, the Podesta Group, said nothing in a 2012 lobbying report to Congress about at least 32 meetings, emails and other communications it had with the State Department, at a time when Secretary of State Hillary Clinton was scrutinizing Ukraine’s upcoming election, records show. … The firm is run by Tony Podesta, whose brother, John, is a longtime adviser to Clinton and was chairman of her 2016 presidential campaign.

John Podesta was a senior counselor to President Barack Obama in 2014 and had previously been lobbying partners with his brother. He is not currently affiliated with his brother’s firm. The Podesta Group was representing a Ukrainian nonprofit, the European Centre for a Modern Ukraine, as it sought to counter the Obama administration’s critical stance toward Ukraine’s pro-Russia government and Congress’ growing annoyance with Ukraine’s leaders. In addition to its undisclosed contacts with the State Department, the Podesta Group did not disclose some contacts it had between 2012 and 2014 with Vice President Joe Biden’s office, the National Security Council and Congressional offices, the records show.

Link

What connection do you all not SEE?

+4 more 
posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: DanteGaland

You might want to pick that up, and stop being willfully ignorant while doing it.

Absolutely NOTHING in the Manafort/Gates charges has to do with Trump or the campaign.

And I'm not "Trump-bot" (whatever that is), I'm just someone who actually understands how to read.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

You know that is who Mueller is investigating now right? Podesta and the DNC side of this. I mean, why else would Tony Podesta step down? Talk about a flight risk.....

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   

One of Washington’s most powerful lobbying firms did not disclose the wide extent of its lucrative political work for a Ukrainian group tied to both onetime Trump adviser Paul Manafort and to pro-Russian politicians, new records show. The firm, the Podesta Group, said nothing in a 2012 lobbying report to Congress about at least 32 meetings, emails and other communications it had with the State Department, at a time when Secretary of State Hillary Clinton was scrutinizing Ukraine’s upcoming election, records show. … The firm is run by Tony Podesta, whose brother, John, is a longtime adviser to Clinton and was chairman of her 2016 presidential campaign.

John Podesta was a senior counselor to President Barack Obama in 2014 and had previously been lobbying partners with his brother. He is not currently affiliated with his brother’s firm. The Podesta Group was representing a Ukrainian nonprofit, the European Centre for a Modern Ukraine, as it sought to counter the Obama administration’s critical stance toward Ukraine’s pro-Russia government and Congress’ growing annoyance with Ukraine’s leaders. In addition to its undisclosed contacts with the State Department, the Podesta Group did not disclose some contacts it had between 2012 and 2014 with Vice President Joe Biden’s office, the National Security Council and Congressional offices, the records show.

Link

What connection do you all not SEE?

I don't think anyone is denying the connections. What we are denying is that what they are accused as being the same Manafort is being accused of.
edit on 1-11-2017 by introvert because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join