It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Anti-America News

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 06:31 PM
link   
There are numerous news stories on the Internet that never make mainstream American news, and sites that have been black-listed by many US servers. Uruknet today published an article titled "The Global Descent of America" taken from "The Black Commentator," one such site. It is a view of America from the inside, through the eyes of a black Muslim. Concerned Americans can take heart: he is still speaking out, and living, in the USA. His main concern? Americans are not hearing how the rest of the world is planning to solve the "America Problem."

www.uruknet.info
Now, more than ever, African Americans and people with sense must disconnect from the insane conversation that passes for news in the United States. Fortunately, the Internet exists, allowing us to connect with the global conversation, which is far different than the foul discourse we are drowning in, here at home.

We at The Black Commentator have spoken at length of the "redlining" of America; a movement among the elites of foreign nations to sever Washington’s outstretched tentacles, which threaten to strangle the planet. The world is engaged in a furious dialogue on how this essential task shall be done, but we hear none of it in American media - an insulating bubble.

There is a an international conversation going on that Americans are not privy to, because of the censorship practiced by our corporate media. Whether we hear it or not, the bell is tolling.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Most Americans feel deeply about their country. They express it in different ways and claim different priorities, but at heart, they all want to protect the same beautiful nation.

In "The Global Descent of America," Aljaz Ahmad tells of an America few of us know. But it is the same country all Americans love. Ahmad loves it too.

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 07:52 PM
link   
WOW!! That's a great article sofi! It's a fairly long read but everyone should seriously take the time to read it! Not something you'll find in your local newspaper. It may be time to start investing in the Euro....

-raven

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 08:18 PM
link   
OK this is wierd, when I went to read the article, after the 2nd paragraph the rest was in reverse, right to left with all the words inverted. ...

I suspect that there is something in their arabic code that reversed the words, as arabic is right to left as well. Anyone else see it? Once I copied and pasted it it was OK...

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 08:33 PM
link   
What European news sources are talking about things like taking down America? I haven't even seen this in the most anti-American papers like the Guardian. It's not on the BBC.

What specifically are Americans supposed to be getting censored from?

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Netchicken
OK this is wierd, when I went to read the article, after the 2nd paragraph the rest was in reverse, right to left with all the words inverted. ...

I suspect that there is something in their arabic code that reversed the words, as arabic is right to left as well. Anyone else see it? Once I copied and pasted it it was OK...

Hmm. No. Mine's fine. A perverse form of censorship perhaps?

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 08:35 PM
link   
This is a very complex situation. Lets say that Russia, Iran and Saudi Arabia change over to the Euro. The change over would have very bad effects on the US economy. The US is the biggest importer of almost every item imaginable, including oil. The above-mentioned countries make almost all of their revenue from oil. If they decided to switch to the euro the move would crash the US economy. Since the US consumes more oil than any other country (20 million barrels per day / imports around 12 million barrels per day) the price per barrel would drop well below 20 dollars per barrel. This would put the entire world in a very deep recession. The oil producing countries and all of the other countries that the US imports goods and services from would be devastated economically.

Would you want to be the one that pulled the plug on the US economy when the US has a large military presence in the neighboring country? I am talking about Saudi Arabia knowing that the US would be looking for some payback. After all we invaded Iraq for the same thing. With the US in the 2 of the 3 biggest oil producing countries China would feel obligated to protect its interests and would attack as well as other countries.

Effectively this would start a major world war. I do not think that Russia and Saudi Arabia are suicidal.

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Disturbed Deliverer
What European news sources are talking about things like taking down America? I haven't even seen this in the most anti-American papers like the Guardian. It's not on the BBC.

No one is talking about "taking down America" - but US actions have caused world wide problems, and the problems need to be dealt with. Most of them are economic. ...The USD has fallen - China is considering changing currency - many countries that used to be tagged to the USD already have - even drug dealers no longer accept American dollars.

The writer here is saying that the US is going broke, and dragging its allies down with us. Here are the first 2 paragraphs of his section on the matter...

Playing “chicken” with the world system

Now, obviously, no government or bank would want the American economy to go into a major, irreversible crisis because that would spell deep crisis for the global capitalist system as a whole; everyone would prefer a soft, negotiated landing for the dollar. There are two problems, however. First, the Bush administration seems unwilling to see that the depreciation of the dollar, which helps American exports, is costing others a very great deal, and the problem has to be settled through multilateral negotiations; in economic policy, as in the policy of imperialist expansion. The Bush administration prefers to act in a myopic, unilateralist fashion. Secondly, the unpredictability of markets and governments. A major Japanese bank, a major trading partner such as China, can act to simply safeguard its own interests, and thus set a trend, inadvertently, for others to follow – until it becomes a stampede. One cannot safely predict anything in so volatile a situation. It is possible to say, however, that the era of a straightforward dollar domination may be drawing to a close and the era of currency wars may be at hand. It may be in some respects a unipolar world but the lone superpower, which is facing the complexities of a war of national liberation in Iraq, may also be facing currency competitions in the financial arena.

These pressures on the imperial center should also be seen in the context of certain specific features of the current power dispensation in the U.S. I wrote about two years ago that the Bush administration may be the most right-wing administration that the U.S. has had since at least the Second World War – as something of a culmination of trends set in the days of Ronald Reagan. Well, the second Bush administration, as it is taking shape after last month's elections, has moved even further to the Right. Secretary of State Colin Powell, a professional soldier, has been fired because he questioned the degree of U.S. support for Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon's extremists policies and replaced with Condoleezza Rice, with her membership in the petroleum industry and loyalty to the master's policies, and the dispute between the right-wing Powell and the ultra-Right Donald Rumsfeld has been settled in favor of Rumsfeld.

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 08:45 PM
link   
"Pulling the plug" on the American economy isn't possible. Yes, they could in theory devestate us. In doing so, though, they'd be doing just as much damage to themselves. If America's economy collapses, then they lose all of the business they do with us.

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 08:48 PM
link   

"Pulling the plug" on the American economy isn't possible. Yes, they could in theory devestate us. In doing so, though, they'd be doing just as much damage to themselves. If America's economy collapses, then they lose all of the business they do with us.

You need to read a bit more Disturbed - the point is that the US economy is already in the toilet, and we're dragging our allies and trading partners down with us. ....It all has to do with the value of the US dollar, and America's public debt...

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I think you go to read more if that's what you think. The dollar going down hasn't hurt America's economy at all, and is more likely to help it for the time being. It's actually been going back up lately, anyway. And the debt isn't that bad. Europe's is far worse. So is their unemployment, and growth.

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 08:53 PM
link   
You have voted soficrow for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have used all of your votes for this month.

Way to go, buddy!
This was an awesome find. Frightening...and spot on.

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 08:56 PM
link   
I guess I'm never going to actually get an answer to my question:

Could someone give an example of an actual story?

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 08:59 PM
link   

as posted by soficrow
You need to read a bit more Disturbed - the point is that the US economy is already in the toilet, and we're dragging our allies and trading partners down with us. ....It all has to do with the value of the US dollar, and America's public debt...

I would certainly beg to differ, but perhaps this (below) would be of consideration in what your asserting?
Why is the European economy not growing?

Is this the US's doing, as well? Bush's fault, too? Or is it simple world economics and indicative of the world economic woes/situations?

seekerof

[edit on 11-2-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 09:00 PM
link   

I think you go to read more if that's what you think. The dollar going down hasn't hurt America's economy at all, and is more likely to help it for the time being. It's actually been going back up lately, anyway. And the debt isn't that bad. Europe's is far worse. So is their unemployment, and growth.

Sorry - it's time for me to give my eyes a rest.

...Should have said - that's how others are looking at it. ...China is considering changing currency - many countries that used to be tagged to the USD already have - even drug dealers no longer accept American dollars.

...We're looking at a possible domino effect. ...Even tho you and President Bush know everything is hunky dory, most people around the world are pretty worried about the situation. ....That's what the article is about, written from the perspective of someone who lives in America, but also thinks that way and is very concerned...

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlwaysLearning
You have voted soficrow for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have used all of your votes for this month.

Way to go, buddy!
This was an awesome find. Frightening...and spot on.

[blush] Thanks buddy.

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 09:07 PM
link   

I guess I'm never going to actually get an answer to my question:

Could someone give an example of an actual story?

Hmmm. Maybe you could do a bit of research and let us know what you find? ...Of course if it's censored, you could have a few problems finding anything...

One example I know about is the Associated Press story on the new torture allegations - I found one article from Edmonton Canada, one in Australia - and that was it, on the Internet. Nothing in the mainstream press.

New Allegations of US Torture

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof

as posted by soficrow

I would certainly beg to differ, but perhaps this (below) would be of consideration in what your asserting?

...I am not presenting an analysis here - economic or political. ...Just talking about how others in the world perceive the USA, why, what problems they think result from US actions, and the 'conversations' they're having about what to do about it - according to the article above... Not my analysis - just reporting on 'anti-America news.'

(It's always good to know what the 'competition' is saying.)

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Well done.

Question:
Is this your opinion?

There are numerous news stories on the Internet that never make mainstream American news, and sites that have been black-listed by many US servers.

If so, not necessarily debating what you say, but Disturbed Deliverer asked a valid question:

My only other question would be do you have a link or book that lists those news sites that are being 'blacklisted'? I would be very interested in reading just who is on that list. Thank you.

seekerof

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 09:25 PM
link   
From Seekerof's link:

In terms of gross domestic product in 2004, the European Union had a 1 percent GDP growth rate, unlike the United States, which had a 3 percent growth rate.

A strog GDP/economy doesn't reflect a strong dollar/euro. It's the US dollar that is in jeopardy due to its decrease in value and therefore countries which rely on the dollar may begin a switch to the Euro which would have devastating effects for the US economy.

AceofBase has pointed out this has already began to happen:

Other countries like Russia and China will continue to increase their reserves.
Russia just stopped pegging their currency strictly to the dollar and instead adopted a combination dollar/Euro peg and have said they will eventually give more weight to the Euro side of that peg.

something to watch...

-raven

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 09:39 PM
link   
raven2012,
Considering the amount of trade that both Russia and China do with the US, a strictly speaking switch to the Euro would be quite devastating and foolish for the both. Russia is still pegging the doallar, but is likewise pegging the Euro; China will probably do likewise.

The higher "over-hyped" and inflated Euro, which stills goes unrecognized and unmentioned, is part of the European problem, not the US.

seekerof

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join