It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Finally, liberal MSM admits "collusion" doesn't exist

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+21 more 
posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 09:05 AM
link   
After almost a year of pushing the Trump/Russia "collusion" narrative, even liberal MSM sources are now admitting "collusion" isn't a crime nor is Trump under investigation for ties to Russia.

This is big news. They've been pushing a false narrative for over a year, and some of us have been saying this for months

SOURCE: MSN

Also, View this handy infographic from source article

Once again, Trump isn't under investigation for Russia connections nor is collusion (what the leftists have been accusing) even against the law. However, the article still isn't telling the full truth. They state "collusion isn't a crime by itself" when it should read "collusion isn't a crime PERIOD/end of story."

The President is NOT under investigation for ANY offense related to a foreign nation, including Russia.
edit on 11/1/2017 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

I just read the article and here is what I learned from reading it:
-Collusion isn't a crime

Collusion — the word Trump often uses to describe Mueller's case, even as he asserts such a thing never happened — is not itself a crime, and Mueller's team will probably have to sort through unseemly political dealings to determine whether a law was broken, legal analysts said.

-The probe is investigating any crimes that may be related to collusion

If Mueller can find evidence that members of Trump's team conspired in Russia's hacking effort — by directing it or aiding in another way — they might face criminal charges, legal analysts said. Papadopoulos's plea says that he discussed some of his efforts to broker a meeting with the Russians with other, more senior Trump campaign officials — although some seemed to treat him warily.

-if there is a crime it will be called a conspiracy.

"Collusion is not a crime, but basically the criminal equivalent is conspiracy," said former federal prosecutor Randall Eliason. "You could have a conspiracy to defraud the U.S. by interfering with our election."

Strangely, that doesn't match what you are saying the article says.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 09:13 AM
link   
I'm not sure that article says what you think it says...

It's just saying 'collusion' is not itself a crime, but here's a bunch of other crimes that Trump and his team might well be guitly of?

+15 more 
posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

That is extremely convoluted logic. If that is the case, every single politically active group in this country (and foreign countries, like Canada/UK/Mexico/etc) would be on the chopping block for "conspiracy."

You're wrong on this, my friend. It isn't a crime, and they can't twist charges (like conspiracy) in order to make something up.

This is thoroughly debunked. According to the nifty infographic I posted, he is being examined for POTENTIAL AND ALLEGED "Obstruction of justice" ONLY.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Painterz

Incorrect.

View the infographic before trying to whip yourselves into a leftist frenzy
We don't need another year of that.

truth will set you free

+9 more 
posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 09:15 AM
link   
It is beyond ridiculous not to mention painfully desperate to argue that the comments of one individual at one outlet speaks for "the liberal media."

This thread is beyond ridiculous. Indictments are coming.

+14 more 
posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 09:16 AM
link   
You are both 100% wrong, and being dishonest (big shock).

Trump is ONLY being looked at for Obstruction of justice related to Flynn and his firing of Comey.

THE INVESTIGATION HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH TRUMP/RUSSIA TIES. THAT COLUMN IS SPECIFICALLY MISSING IN THE INFOGRAPHIC. STOP LYING, YOU TWO.

infographic here from source

+22 more 
posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 09:16 AM
link   
So, now that the finger is pointing towards Podesta and the Obama Administration, it isn't a crime anymore.

Yeah, right, they are getting ready to protect the Democrats involved. Now it is only tax evasion that is a crime.

Collusion with other governments happens all the time. Just because the EU is an ally, doesn't mean we should be getting into bed with them and doing things that are not good for the stability of our country and the success of our citizens. They usually ignore us when we do something they do not like, why should we be kissing their *** on everything. I can see working together for the common good, but not only if it benefits them.

+6 more 
posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
It is beyond ridiculous not to mention painfully desperate to argue that the comments of one individual at one outlet speaks for "the liberal media."

This thread is beyond ridiculous. Indictments are coming.

Keep on dreaming. You do know that pushing a thoroughly debunked delusion is usually a sign of mental illness, right? check it

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Apparently, font size now substitutes for facts and logical argument?

Nah.

+8 more 
posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
So, now that the finger is pointing towards Podesta and the Obama Administration, it isn't a crime anymore.

Yeah, right, they are getting ready to protect the Democrats involved. Now it is only tax evasion that is a crime.

Collusion with other governments happens all the time. Just because the EU is an ally, doesn't mean we should be getting into bed with them and doing things that are not good for the stability of our country and the success of our citizens. They usually ignore us when we do something they do not like, why should we be kissing their *** on everything. I can see working together for the common good, but not only if it benefits them.

Precisely. For it to be illegal, a state of declared hostility would have to have existed at the time of the alleged incident. On paper, Russia is nothing more than a neutral country we have several treaties with. These leftists will continue to desperately grasp for straws, but they've been thoroughly debunked.

They want to push a certain narrative, but you all would do well to examine the facts and ignore their snap judgments. Especially dishonest posters like Gryphon66, who mixes lies and unsubstantiated innuendo paraded as fact into almost every post he does.

+5 more 
posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

stop ignoring the obvious facts in front of your face

At this point, its just pathetic. Like a child who refuses to remove their hands from the path of their eyes: "I refuse to see!"

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

What are you talking about? I literally just quoted text from the article. How could I be wrong?

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Looking at just the infographic, it asserts that all these 'big' names around Trump (the ones listed anyways) all have "ties" to Russia.

+18 more 
posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I don’t use Facebook or twitter...

Can someone explain to me how russia caused my wife, my parents(lifelong democrats), and I to vote for trump...

Hillary was/is a horrible person and russia has nothing to do with that obvious fact.

-Chris

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns

Trump is ONLY being looked at for Obstruction of justice related to Flynn and his firing of Comey.

THE INVESTIGATION HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH TRUMP/RUSSIA TIES. THAT COLUMN IS SPECIFICALLY MISSING IN THE INFOGRAPHIC. STOP LYING, YOU TWO.

Too much caffeine this AM? Rest assured, typing in all caps doesn’t make them any more liars than already weren’t. Holy smokes.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns

Setting your cruise control for cool with that caps lock key.

+4 more 
posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Christosterone
I don’t use Facebook or twitter...

Can someone explain to me how russia caused my wife, my parents(lifelong democrats), and I to vote for trump...

Hillary was/is a horrible person and russia has nothing to do with that obvious fact.

-Chris

I can't explain it either. I guess Putin used his advanced mind control to force my #DNCexit and Trump vote as well, who knows?

More likely is that liberal politicians and MSM have intentionally riled up the new DNC's rabid and hysterical base with propaganda and lies. They have whipped them into a frenzy, knowing full well that their "collusion" and "Trump/Russia" claims would be thoroughly debunked.

We should react by never voting another (D) into a public office. They've shown no sign (minus 2 or 3 of them) of independent thought, substituting group anger for logic at every turn. Going against their own "When they go low we go high" feigned anger at the thought WE wouldn't "accept the democratic result and respect our election." As soon as Trump won, however, all that went out the door and they started a massive conspiracy theory to explain their epic failures in 2016.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Then refute what I wrote. You can't, its that simple.

Keep being a "true believer."

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: BeefNoMeat

I have no choice but to emphasize key points. Many leftists on here (including two that have already replied) are known for ignoring certain parts of text that disagree with their agitprop.

So, once again, how about refuting the content instead of the prose/form? Anything of actual substance to add, or...? No?

I'll help you. HERE: link

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join