It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Flying Predator The Size of a Plane Could Have Been The Largest of Its Kind

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: the owlbear

originally posted by: intrptr

While it's hard to estimate the size of an extinct pterosaur solely from chunks of neck...

Or whether it had feathers, lol.

But lets call it a birdosaur anyway.

That's why I have issues with quite a bit of paleontology. A few bones here, a few there. Then, extrapolation by people that still probably make toy dinosaurs fight on their desks when no one is looking.
And yes, I do know a few paleontologists. And yes, They do have toy dinosaurs...

I did too as a kid. One fish-lizard-saurus was called Ichthyosaur, its toy model was a nessie thingy: long neck, small head and fins with a tail... then they discover it was really a porpoise.

So the record reflects the ichthyosaur is a porpoise, now...

Getting harder to find the toy model I remember, but I did...

The "Ichthyosaur" is the grey one, just below the white dinosaur in the center:

I especially enjoy the ankylosaurus (I think that's the name). The one with the turtle shell and the morning star tail
it looks like the Ichthyosaur is trying to bite it.

Ahh, the pangolin, armadillo, stegosaurus conundrum...

macroevolutiion

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 12:59 AM
link   
a reply to: bgerbger

Not too scary, until you consider that people report seeing these things!! One guy saw one on a telephone pole, and there are many reports of them flying, in all sizes!

What my brother and I saw, I can't say for sure, but it was no bird. Wasn't small, either. Not as big as these things, but not small! Scary, too - the thing was very threatening.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 01:02 AM
link   

While it's hard to estimate the size of an extinct pterosaur solely from chunks of neck...

Or whether it had feathers, lol.

But lets call it a birdosaur anyway.

That's why I have issues with quite a bit of paleontology. A few bones here, a few there. Then, extrapolation by people that still probably make toy dinosaurs fight on their desks when no one is looking.
And yes, I do know a few paleontologists. And yes, They do have toy dinosaurs...

Quite agree! As for the toys, I can't talk; I have a decent-sized "Nessie", a plesiosaur toy, sitting on my printer, right now. She lives there.

<< 1   >>

join