It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 1994 Nellis Air Force Base UFO revisited

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 04:55 AM
link   
I know there has been other threads on ATS, but the last one I can find is from 2010, so I thought perhaps it worth revisiting this highly interesting video.

I am a skeptic, and have spent some time reading about previous UFO cases. I think a lot of famous cases have been effectively debunked, but still a few interesting one's remain.

The 1994 Nellis Air Force Base UFO video is one which has always baffled me.

www.v-j-enterprises.com...

In 1994 an encounter occured at the Nellis Air Force Base with an unidentified flying object. A copy of the footage was smuggled out, and the program "Sightings" aired the footage with some commentary.

The images were shot on a range that is in restricted air space near Nellis AFB. The tracking cameras got a radar lock on an object that was traveling away from the camera initially, then abruptly changed course when the object detected that it was being tracked. The object appeared to be curious abiout what was tracking it and came in for a better view. This video was enhanced and viewed by several photoimaging experts, on camera , and they seemed to be baffeled about it's origin and properties.

Anyone familiar with this video? I'm interested in what people think this may be. I wonder if it's some early prototype drone, or something else?

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Heres a site with images about it

click

Whatever it is,if it can get in sensitive aerospace like that it should be a national security issue,The public should know,the veil of secrecy should drop

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 05:57 AM
link   
And what should they tell the people? I believe they don't know themselves. They know "somethig" but in the end we all equally know as much until the message reaches our entire species.
If contact has been made, it doesn't seem we should be looking at governments. As Terence Mckenna used to say: we're not inventing it, we're discovering it. Well, what is it we've discovered and what is it we're doing with it? Governments don't know what's going on, not even religious institions. We are just observing something our rational thoughts can not deal with it so we deny the most obvious. If one truly grasps the thought of what alien contact would mean, it can raise anxiety.
They are sending messages, we are not applying them, we are going from bad to worse because corruption and deception only gets better. It isn't that our good qualities are getting better, it is the other way around.

IF the alien is here and IF they meddled in with our evolution because they saw no significance in the dinosaurus and other human-like species, we might be the next in line that are about to get "extinct". I mean, that's what species on this earth do. They magicly appear and disapear. It is possible...

About the video, it is hard to tell. I myself am more convinced in the Belgian ufo wave. That has been confirmed by the army and they came out after years of research and they can not explain the phenomena.

There are many possibilities, in the end, I believe it's our choice.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Drone technology out of Groom Lake would make more sense than E.T. considering its about 95mi north of Nellis AFB and Las Vegas. Without any sort of witnesses its hard to determine how fast/far it moved in the time recorded, and if it were indeed something top secret it would have NEVER made it to the TV show. More than likely its a pack of balloons that drifted over the base and the range camera guys had fun filming it and "smuggling" the video out to put on TV.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: StratosFear

Drone, possibly, but as for balloons, I think not. To my eyes the object's flight does not look like balloons in the wind.

I'm usually the first guy to cry blurds, birds, or balloons, but this one has me stumped.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: bgerbger

Oh ok then, to me they like exactly like balloons drifting in the wind in a grainy video zoomed in so much you cant tell how far or fast the objects moving at.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: StratosFear

I found these reports, worth a read.

www.aenigmatis.com...

The footage has been studied by both UFO researchers & aviation experts alike, but to date no-one has been able to provide an explanation as to what the object is, how it is propelled or how it is able to perform the manoeuvres it is seen to do.

Having taken place inside the range, the most likely explanation for the UFO would seem to be that it was a top secret 'black project' which for some reason was allowed to fly in full view of the surveillance cameras. However, according to one anonymous source in the 'Sightings' programme, the camera operators are not exposed to such tests of new technologies, the camera lenses being capped and the equipment turned off during such occasions.

The link below goes into a detailed discussion of flight characteristics of the object.

roswellproof.homestead.com...

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 08:08 AM
link   
I thug this was debunked as a fly crawling around on the camera housing glass?

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: bgerbger

The continued presence of UFOs in our world are one of the biggest events in human history. It is reasonable that fear, mocking, denial, jokes and disinformation prevail as long as possible to hide the truth that we are not the supreme beings in the cosmos.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Flies on a camera lens do not generally come from radar locks on a target first . The target lock is first picked up by radar then the radar send locations to the cameras to track...I suppose.
Maybe ?

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Imagine a drone with a gyro inside. It could do moves and create g-forces unsustainable by a human pilot.

This is one of my favorite unexplained cases with vid, but I have come to lean more heavily to the "gyro drone" as explanation in the last few years.

Drop it on the unsuspecting crew and see if they can follow it.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peche
And what should they tell the people? I believe they don't know themselves. They know "somethig" but in the end we all equally know as much until the message reaches our entire species.
If contact has been made, it doesn't seem we should be looking at governments. As Terence Mckenna used to say: we're not inventing it, we're discovering it. Well, what is it we've discovered and what is it we're doing with it? Governments don't know what's going on, not even religious institions. We are just observing something our rational thoughts can not deal with it so we deny the most obvious. If one truly grasps the thought of what alien contact would mean, it can raise anxiety.
They are sending messages, we are not applying them, we are going from bad to worse because corruption and deception only gets better. It isn't that our good qualities are getting better, it is the other way around.

IF the alien is here and IF they meddled in with our evolution because they saw no significance in the dinosaurus and other human-like species, we might be the next in line that are about to get "extinct". I mean, that's what species on this earth do. They magicly appear and disapear. It is possible...

About the video, it is hard to tell. I myself am more convinced in the Belgian ufo wave. That has been confirmed by the army and they came out after years of research and they can not explain the phenomena.

There are many possibilities, in the end, I believe it's our choice.

I appreciate you’re speculations, we should try to do more in understanding this phenomenon.

I think these aliens if they have half a brain would understand humans are a species with serious systemic problems.

Imagine if some of our bright scientists were examining an insect species. There they saw these insects killing their own children, and of course killing each other, having wars of mass destruction--involving rape and rapine continuously, divisions of different colors of insects, and gender abuse, and on and on and on to many more destructive impulses.

What would these bright human scientists conclude?

They would conclude just what the aliens (with half a brain conclude regarding humans) and that is there is something seriously wrong with this species

Our nature has been corrupted just as the insects nature would have been corrupted would be the conclusion of these hypothetical scientists on these hypothetical insects.

Therefore any alien species would take this into consideration in dealing with this dangerous creature called a human, and stay at long---very long arms length away from human beings.

edit on 1-11-2017 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

Flies on a camera lens do not generally come from radar locks on a target first . The target lock is first picked up by radar then the radar send locations to the cameras to track...I suppose.
Maybe ?

Not 'on the lens of the camera' , on the glass in front of the camera housing.

The exercise including tracking real military targets from more than one station.

The video footage is from one station only, isolating it from all the rest that, apparently, didn't also track the 'anomaly'.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Check this vid. It was Lt. Col. Michael Aquino who first brought this to attention here. I'm not sure if the Nellis Range incident was mentioned in this particular instance and in conjunction with the thought of drones and gyroscopes.

This would'nt explain the propulsion of course, but it does have correlation to the UFO's movement.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

Maybe ?

Not 'on the lens of the camera' , on the glass in front of the camera housing.

The exercise including tracking real military targets from more than one station.

The video footage is from one station only, isolating it from all the rest that, apparently, didn't also track the 'anomaly'.

Well , thanks for "clearing" that up....
I wouldn't know anything about that...

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Its not 'clear' what it is, a blug has to be ruled out first, though.

Only crap stays in the public realm. You do understand that...?

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 04:11 AM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

Gyroscopes sound good. I was hoping for some sort of plasma based propulsion tech, but probably way off base.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 06:14 AM
link   
I’m guessing it was one of these little guys, before they came out of the black world. Ie, why this was spotted on the test range.

The Honeywell RQ-16 T-Hawk (Tarantula Hawk) VTOL Micro Air Vehicle.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: weavty1
I’m guessing it was one of these little guys, before they came out of the black world. Ie, why this was spotted on the test range.

The Honeywell RQ-16 T-Hawk (Tarantula Hawk) VTOL Micro Air Vehicle.

that seems like a good shout in all honesty, at 0:57 in the video it does appear to look like a drone, but to me it looks like a different object near the end of the footage....

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 04:53 PM
link   
From memory was the fact that the object changed its form over time..

top topics

<<   2 >>

join