It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Happy Balfour Declaration

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 04:34 AM
link   

en.wikipedia.org...

he Balfour Declaration was a public statement issued by the British government during World War I announcing support for the establishment of a "national home for the Jewish people" in Palestine, then an Ottoman region with a minority Jewish population.

I am fully behind Israel. I am not a rich elite guy. I am a bipolar idiot who lives on welfare. I have no hate in me for the rich. I see history very clearly. I have studied it in depth. Egalitarian concepts, freedom in politics and trade actually ORIGINATE with the Hebrew people. They ARE the West. There would have been no West without the merchants of old who formed networks of trade and commerce and allowed the West to become rich. Every King and Queen have seen the sense of Hebrew financial prowess, trust and evolution. That is how they WON their place in our world today. It is evolution at work.

If we turn our backs on those who have brought us this civilization we shall end up with the barbaric nationalism of extremism in the West and in Islam. If we are hostile to those who create wealth in our states and chase them away we can never be anything other than Nebuchadnezzar, Hitler, Alexander, Antioch, Caligula or Nero. That is the best that the world has done without the Hebrew input; cruel and barbaric dictators who come and go, falling on the swords of their own violence.

I studied on all levels, even locally with happened in the 11th century to the tin mining here in Cornwall, UK, when the Jews were chased away. The mining went quickly down hill and no money could b made out of it. The region became impoverished and nothing happened for another four or five hundred years until the Jews came back then mining again began to flourish. I have seen this all over the world in my studies. We are much wealthier because our civilization is FUNDED and nurtured by the skills, expertise, prowess and networking of the Jewish people. Even Egypt of old trusted Joseph to look after the nation in a time of famine and crisis and Joseph pulled they and his people through by embracing mutual interests; that was not nationalism.

It is no secret that this is so. It is up to us. Instead of being jealous and hateful, resenting those who achieve better than we do, who have been working harder and longer to gain what they have in the world through many generations of applied consciousness of development, we should attempt to emulate them. We should show our civilized natures and construct our own family legacies. Instead, we seem to just want to pull others back into the primeval pit we have chosen to make our vipers' nests in. If we do continue with our hatred we shall only harm ourselves and end up further in poverty and misery. Folks, you are BLAMING the wrong people. You have been duped and hood-winked by the minions of enemies of freedom and Western civilization.

I think the biggest mistake some of us are making in the West is to devolve into the primitive hateful nationalistic monster. It will drag us back into warfare if we continue on that path. We shall be made financially miserable, socially miserable by ourselves and our own prejudice, hatred, ignorance, naivety and stupidity. After reading all the disgusting comments today of anti Semites I understand only too well that the monster of crowd barbarity and brutality is alive and "kicking". I will fight with all my might to conquer that brute Goliath.

Never again!Shalom! Happy 100 Balfour Declaration! I am SHOUTING it from the roof top. I don't care if you spit at me, tell lies about me, act violently against me, even if I am the last standing I shall shout proudly where I stand. This is the spirit you are dealing with. There are MILLIONS of IRON LIONS in ZION!

edit on 1-11-2017 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 05:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

I support the existence and freedom of the Jewish people. I support the freedom of all faiths, and those of no faith at all. But I would like to take this opportunity to separate for a moment, the support I give to any person, of any faith, to have the right to exist and prosper, from the notion that Israel as a country or as a government, have any right to infringe more sternly upon the space and lives of Palestinians, any more than they already have. All settlements in Palestine, "owned" by Israelis should be vacated, and Israeli citizens should live within the borders of the country as OTHER nations recognise them, not as Israel does.

Its illegal expansion efforts, and casual violence toward Palestinians, its over reactions to the frankly pathetic bottle rocket attacks it has come under over the years, its flattening of entire districts to get at single individuals, its bombing of schools and hospitals, Israels habit of creating more terrorists than it has ever killed, and blaming children for the deaths of their parents, parents for the deaths of their children, even when those who died and those who loved them are often innocent of any violence at all, these things however, I cannot support. So Jews? I have as much love for them as I have for anyone else. But Israel as a government, can officially get in the sea.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 06:41 AM
link   
I am having to discuss a nation here, yet at the same time maintain a stance that is not nationalist. That requires a lot of conscious thinking and it is very achievable.

I am gunning for a strong U.S, a strong UK, a strong Israel, a strong EU. I want us to be the civilizing influence in the world. I do not trust the others because their human rights are awful and we will be imprisoned to some degree if we were to adopt any of their political state solutions. They really are BAD, not just a few scandals; it is constant unrelenting heavy oppression of the people by the state in those places and cultures. Poverty is rife, too, because they are more interested in killing their brothers and sisters because of politics rather than developing SOCIETY and INFRASTRUCTURE.

I said to you that I am probably less well off than nearly everyone here at ATS. I have nothing to thank anyone for that way other than the civilized welfare system we have and the compassion of the society I live in (I wonder where those ideas came from; a Jewish Guy may be from 2000 years ago and his mate Moses?). I know that my lot is comparatively blissful compared to my Russian, Chinese or Arabic counterpart. The difference is stark and obvious. That is how I know what civilization works best and gives us the most freedom, by personal EXPERIENCE. It's far from right, but it ain't wrong.

We will never find anything like perfection in this brutal world. When you have an enemy who is willing even to use gas and mass genocide against you well it's obvious that fire has to fight fire. I hate violence. I hate war more than anything else. If we did not fight sometimes then we would not even be left in existence. While the world is dog eat dog it has to be like this.

You can only talk peace with people who are genuinely looking for that, too. When that time truly comes then peace is a prospect, but not until. The world must live in this darkness, made by the very minds who complain about it.

Eat some humble pie, humanity. You need it. I will not comment here any further. I wanted to make my own statement in public to celebrate with no shame THE BALFOUR DECLARATION. Of course please state your own case. Thankfully we live where we can do that without fear of being murdered or imprisoned. A Jewish friend of ours helped us get here. They are at the heart of who we are. We would be tearing out the very heart of our own civilization if we turn on our own like rabid mad dogs. That is what those anti Semite comments look like to me. They look like the froth around the jowl of a mad dog chewing off its own paw in contempt of its position in the pack.

There is everything to fight for. I'll be fighting. See you in the ring.

edit on 1-11-2017 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Revolution9
I am having to discuss a nation here, yet at the same time maintain a stance that is not nationalist. That requires a lot of conscious thinking and it is very achievable.

doublethink

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Ask some of my American Indian cousins and elders about how great and strong the US is.
There's a reason why my great grandad was an orphan and sent nearly a thousand miles away from his home. Besides the oil and mineral rights, the US needed Lebensraum just like Israel claims now.
If Truman didn't make pocket money from running errands for Jews in Independence, Missouri on the sabbath as a kid, maybe he wouldn't have cracked open that beer and recognized the state of Israel so fast.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 09:02 AM
link   
It's one of the better things my country did during the colonial period. To this day the colonial experiment remains while most others failed. The whole thing comes down to our military not being able to produce the weapons to fight the Germans, then along comes this chemist called Weizmann, he pulls us out the mire and ramps up our military production with his invention, gets well in with the British elite and his wish is granted......................... Israel

World War I and Chaim Weizmann

During World War I, Great Britain needed help. Since Germany (Britain's enemy during WWI) had cornered the production of acetone—an important ingredient for arms production—Great Britain may have lost the war if Chaim Weizmann had not invented a fermentation process that allowed the British to manufacture their own liquid acetone.

It was this fermentation process that brought Weizmann to the attention of David Lloyd George (minister of ammunitions) and Arthur James Balfour (previously the British prime minister but at this time the first lord of the admiralty).

Chaim Weizmann was not just a scientist; he was also the leader of the Zionist movement.
Diplomacy

Weizmann's contact with Lloyd George and Balfour continued, even after Lloyd George became prime minister and Balfour was transferred to the Foreign Office in 1916. Additional Zionist leaders such as Nahum Sokolow also pressured Great Britain to support a Jewish homeland in Palestine.

Alhough Balfour, himself, was in favor of a Jewish state, Great Britain particularly favored the declaration as an act of policy. Britain wanted the United States to join World War I and the British hoped that by supporting a Jewish homeland in Palestine, world Jewry would be able to sway the U.S. to join the war.
Announcing the Balfour Declaration

Though the Balfour Declaration went through several drafts, the final version was issued on November 2, 1917, in a letter from Balfour to Lord Rothschild, president of the British Zionist Federation. The main body of the letter quoted the decision of the October 31, 1917 British Cabinet meeting.

This declaration was accepted by the League of Nations on July 24, 1922 and embodied in the mandate that gave Great Britain temporary administrative control of Palestine.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

I support the existence and freedom of the Jewish people. I support the freedom of all faiths, and those of no faith at all. But I would like to take this opportunity to separate for a moment, the support I give to any person, of any faith, to have the right to exist and prosper, from the notion that Israel as a country or as a government, have any right to infringe more sternly upon the space and lives of Palestinians, any more than they already have. All settlements in Palestine, "owned" by Israelis should be vacated, and Israeli citizens should live within the borders of the country as OTHER nations recognise them, not as Israel does.

Its illegal expansion efforts, and casual violence toward Palestinians, its over reactions to the frankly pathetic bottle rocket attacks it has come under over the years, its flattening of entire districts to get at single individuals, its bombing of schools and hospitals, Israels habit of creating more terrorists than it has ever killed, and blaming children for the deaths of their parents, parents for the deaths of their children, even when those who died and those who loved them are often innocent of any violence at all, these things however, I cannot support. So Jews? I have as much love for them as I have for anyone else. But Israel as a government, can officially get in the sea.

Eloquent as always old chap. I only wish I was wealthy enough to travel across the pond to grab a pint with you.

I do find it curious that anyone on this website would cheer on a Rothschild since they are the bullseye of many conspiracy theories.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 09:57 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   
the worst. when i was growing up, i learned in school aparthied was wrong. now the 'media' and talking heads tell us its fine.

no r0thschilds = no wars.

its pathetic that someone can 'write' a letter and basically give a country to an intern-ationalist family hellbent on destruction.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter
It's one of the better things my country did during the colonial period. To this day the colonial experiment remains while most others failed. The whole thing comes down to our military not being able to produce the weapons to fight the Germans, then along comes this chemist called Weizmann, he pulls us out the mire and ramps up our military production with his invention, gets well in with the British elite and his wish is granted......................... Israel

World War I and Chaim Weizmann

During World War I, Great Britain needed help. Since Germany (Britain's enemy during WWI) had cornered the production of acetone—an important ingredient for arms production—Great Britain may have lost the war if Chaim Weizmann had not invented a fermentation process that allowed the British to manufacture their own liquid acetone.

It was this fermentation process that brought Weizmann to the attention of David Lloyd George (minister of ammunitions) and Arthur James Balfour (previously the British prime minister but at this time the first lord of the admiralty).

Chaim Weizmann was not just a scientist; he was also the leader of the Zionist movement.
Diplomacy

Weizmann's contact with Lloyd George and Balfour continued, even after Lloyd George became prime minister and Balfour was transferred to the Foreign Office in 1916. Additional Zionist leaders such as Nahum Sokolow also pressured Great Britain to support a Jewish homeland in Palestine.

Alhough Balfour, himself, was in favor of a Jewish state, Great Britain particularly favored the declaration as an act of policy. Britain wanted the United States to join World War I and the British hoped that by supporting a Jewish homeland in Palestine, world Jewry would be able to sway the U.S. to join the war.
Announcing the Balfour Declaration

Though the Balfour Declaration went through several drafts, the final version was issued on November 2, 1917, in a letter from Balfour to Lord Rothschild, president of the British Zionist Federation. The main body of the letter quoted the decision of the October 31, 1917 British Cabinet meeting.

This declaration was accepted by the League of Nations on July 24, 1922 and embodied in the mandate that gave Great Britain temporary administrative control of Palestine.

So, some jewish scientist is the reason why the U.K. Existed after WWI?

That statement takes courage.
Hell, the War was a fight between first cousins that you adored as your kings on your continent.

"World Jewery" Just look to the Rothschild that the note was sent to...

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: the owlbear

Certainly helped the British Empire fight on against the central powers yes. We were probably never going to be beaten on our island fortress with the Royal Navy defending it too, plus our enormous Empire to call on. But the scientist Weizmann certainly made it possible to continue the fight on the continent yes.

Good old acetone has a lot to answer for when people look to the reasons why Israel exists

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter

Certainly helped the British Empire fight on against the central powers yes. We were probably never going to be beaten on our island fortress with the Royal Navy defending it too, plus our enormous Empire to call on. But the scientist Weizmann certainly made it possible to continue the fight on the continent yes.

Good old acetone has a lot to answer for when people look to the reasons why Israel exists

They were first cousins...your kings. You bought into their war.
Or at least your ancestors did to the point that they thought trench warfare and mustard gas were great ways to show your nationalism!

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 04:58 PM
link   

The ancestors knew nothing more than what they read in the controlled press and what they were indoctrinated with at the church (like our modern muslims) and yes they went off to do their duty. Swines at the top, mass murderers yes. But this is about Balfour and his legacy in helping ounding the modern state of Israel. Hats off to that brave man

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

I am wonder none of You posted that video. I think the whole problem have more platforms like history, religion, security and finances than that presented in video but it is a clear message. Specially moment in 9:15 (but don't skip to that) is very significant if we're talking about illegal settlement - this example shows how it really looks.

edit on Tue, 14 Nov 2017 14:31:54 -0600America/Chicago543114America/Chicago11302017f by residentofearth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   

I have nothing nice to say.
The whole situation's BS.

It disgusts me you're celebrating this

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: EA006

Israel took this declaration as a fact and forced to life. So many declarations is still waiting to accept by Israel...

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 04:39 AM
link   
a reply to: theultimatebelgianjoke

Charles takes a lot of stick for his beliefs and views but over the last few years I've come to see him as mainly a force for good , that letter shows him as a man of understanding.

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 04:59 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

And 20 years after this brief, his concerns about the Jewish lobby in the US is still pending :

Time For AIPAC To Abide By U.S. Law

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 05:02 AM
link   

I am a bipolar idiot who lives on welfare.

Totally shows

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join