It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

These International Bitcoin Communities are Rejecting SegWit2X

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 09:36 PM
link   
bitcoinmagazine.com...

Without getting too deep into the philosophy of bitcoin and whether or not people think it's smart or dumb, I'd like to debate specifically the implimentation of SegWit2X.

Here's the technical info if people want to get more detailed into it:

bitcoinmagazine.com...

www.coindesk.com...

www.forbes.com...

cointelegraph.com...

I'm staunchly against SegWit2X, how about you?

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Am against it. Either way, i just want the madness to be over with already so bitcoin can chill the hell out already and alts can finally maintain x/btc gains again for awhile. Sheesh.
edit on 31-10-2017 by lightedhype because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: lightedhype

Why would anyone care about alts...

They have all stalled because too many of them...Alts are the CAUSE of bitcoins unstoppable rise.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 01:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: ParasuvO
a reply to: lightedhype

Why would anyone care about alts...

They have all stalled because too many of them...Alts are the CAUSE of bitcoins unstoppable rise.

I disagree. Altcoins are going to get a significant portion of market cap, they already have 88 billion in em. Reason? Free marketism. People can invent products to meet demand.

ICOs will make you rich, I met a kid working at BK that got into BTC in 2012. He made good money on BTC obvious, but made 20k on ICOs last year off of 250 dollars. Not bad for a burger flipper eh?

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 01:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: lightedhype
Am against it. Either way, i just want the madness to be over with already so bitcoin can chill the hell out already and alts can finally maintain x/btc gains again for awhile. Sheesh.

This will show people how resilient BTC is.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 01:38 AM
link   
a reply to: JamesCookieIII

These forks will see the end of bitcoin. Probably not in much way of monetary terms but in the technical aspect. Many other projects are already formed that are better and much broader in scope. The third generation of blockchain is already being developed and it stands to remedy all of the present flaws with not only bitcoin but cryptocurrency in general.

Exciting times.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 03:44 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Like what?

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Namely the Cardano Project and EOS. There are more as well but I don't know them off hand.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: ParasuvO

HIgher returns.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Thats pretty awesome. Good for him!

I couldve made 600k off of a 300$ investment into an alt August of last year in just 9 months. But alas, i sold too early. Actually if i sold at the right time and held the bitcoin id have a cool 1.95M$ at todays rate. As a college student!

But alas, cant win em all!
edit on 1-11-2017 by lightedhype because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Somebody still owes to explain how could bitcoin grow by 1000$ in less than 1 week!
Isn't this weird ? Isn't it vaguely suspicious that somebody might be actually inflating this whole crypto-currency thing ?

Could it be that NATO is inflating Bitcoin using taxpayers money ?

top topics

join