It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

30 chatters make Valentines day suicide pact...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I was listening to the news on my way home from work and they were saying that the police are searching for 30 women who chat online and have made a pact to commit suicide on Valentines day.

I sign on and check around and can't find a thing about it. Has anyone else heard of this?

Love and light,

Wupy

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I was just reading about this.

news.bbc.co.uk...

edition.cnn.com...

This guy looks scary.
www.ctv.ca...

Edit: added additional links

[edit on 11-2-2005 by SourGrapes]

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 06:04 PM
link   
story.news.yahoo.com.../nm/cr ime_suicide_dc

Heres another link I just found. This is too strange.

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Well, seems the 'ringleader' is 26, unemployed, and still lives with mom. He must have been bored and decided to 'play' on the emotions of others. (I'm willing to bet he wouldn't have gone through with it, and never even planned to.)

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I searched a little and found this (I wonder if it's the same guy?)

support.proboards.com...

To Craig and the other board members.

This is regarding TOTAG, the person who had his board closed for TOS violations.

PLEASE NOTE: TOTAG has previously been posting on the newsgroup alt.suicide.holiday as "Ned" [email protected]

On alt.suicide.holiday, Ned stated that he was going to:

"Dougy, for every person you bother, I will make a point to provide someone specific answers to any questions on how to CTB that they have."

groups.google.ca...

CTB means "catch the bus", which really means SUICIDE. Ned stated that if another person (Doug) did not leave the newsgroup, then Ned would provide someone specific answers to any questions regarding suicide. And Ned's comments and possible actions were reckless, in my opinion.

So, thank you to Proboards for deleting Ned's account, because Ned has shown us that he could possibly be a danger to suicidal and depressed people. And in my opinion, Ned has no business as the moderator of any BBS anywhere in the world when he has made comments such as he has done on alt.suicide.holiday. Ned should be monitored closely.

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Yea but it makes you wonder about the people who are vulnerable enough or just off in the head enough to have gone thru with something like this.

I've always known that monsters prowl the internet but I imagined them in the form of pedophiles.

This is a new monster for me. One that preys on the psychological damage that some people have.

It's scary.

Wupy

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Thats sad, I suppose, I hope they find the peope that are likely to kill others than themselves first.

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Okay, I'm reading through this A.S.H. board. This is a very depressing board!

Here's one woman's quote:

Well I admit it's not fair, but the ones that want to live are mostly the
children and they only want to live because they are afraid of death, they fear
being put in a box in the dark, they fear going to 'hell', they fear going
anywhere where our therapist is not,
( they are very attached to our therapist and see him as the good parent they
never had) they don't have the intellect to understand that they won't be aware
of being in a box or that there is no such place as hell. They suffer greatly
all the time, living in fear of everything, it's actually more humane to kill
them then to let them live.
%%%%%%%%%%%%

I wonder if I stumbled onto the board these people were engaged in?

I'm still reading, but here's the link

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I hit that link and started reading. I had to quit. Thats about the most depressing site i've ever scrolled thru.

If I read stuff like that everyday, hell, i'd be suicidal too.

Maybe I ought to jump in and try to cheer all of them up. Tell some jokes and stuff. Let them know how wonderful it is to be alive in such a beautiful world.

Ahhh, they'd probably just ban me.

Still, wow.

Love and light,

Wupy

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I dont know about these people. Honestly, i'd be sad if all of you made a pact to commit suicide, however i wouldnt ever take part in anything like this.

It really does shed light onto some people out there and what they would do, i guess.

I guess if you dont want to live its more fun to try to take a whole bunch of people with you..

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
I dont know about these people. Honestly, i'd be sad if all of you made a pact to commit suicide, however i wouldnt ever take part in anything like this.

I can assure you right now that suicide is not in my game book AT ALL!

Matter of fact, the grim reaper is going to have to sneak up behind me and whack me over the head with a board if he wants me to go peacefully. If I see him coming he knows he'll have a fight on his hands that will make the 6 o'clock news for weeks afterwards.

I love being me

Wupy

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Wow creepy stuff. I used to be a cutter and had to get a transfusion once time after I sliced an artery. Being suicidal is a mindset you will never understand unless you have truely experienced it. People just trying to get attention by saying their going to do it knowing they never will or sick bastards such as this guy have not.

People doing stuff like this hurt everyone who is mentally ill. Stuff like this is why when I tell some people I'm bipolar I hear something like "oh are you going to flip out and kill me".

When I was suicidal I thought of every way I could do it, but any way that would endanger someone else or dragging others down with me like this guy never ever came into my mind. Luckily I was able to fight the illness and get help.

Most of the people I have met who are mentally ill would not advertise it in chatrooms and such and seek pity on boards. I have mostly seen these activites from teens/young adults.

BTW, I am 29 and disabled and live at home with mom....move out next month though. I don't see why including that bit was needed. No offense taken though.

[edit on 11-2-2005 by Veltro]

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Veltro

BTW, I am 29 and disabled and live at home with mom....move out next month though. I don't see why including that bit was needed. No offense taken though.

[edit on 11-2-2005 by Veltro]

Yeah. I thought about what I said after I posted it and wondered if it would be taken differently than I had meant for it to. I didn't mean to 'offend' anyone. I was simply pointing out that this guy was probably 'bored' and playing with the minds of others as a 'past time'.

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I understand your intent. I shouldn't have even mentioned it as I'm not like that fellow but it was late. No harm done.

top topics

join