It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Multiple People Shot in Manhattan: Sources

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   
6 dead, 15 injured according to NBC News at 3:21pm (CST).

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Now hearing at least six are deceased, source CBS. Getting tired of seeing my fellow Americans being murdered by sociopaths with something to prove

Anyone notice the trend of vehicle's being weaponized? It has been going on in Europe and other gun-free countries for awhile, so I'm surprised it has taken this long to start here.

And I don't even want to hear it about guns, NYC already bans those (unless you're rich, or a politician). If, however, the "commoners" would've been armed, this psycho could've been put down more quickly.

edit on 10/31/2017 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Ex NYPD commissioner saying looks intentional. 6 dead. 15 injured.

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Reports say FBI coming in !!

It was deliberate !!

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   
It hit a school bus it is now being reported. Anyone else pick that up? Seems it could have been a lot worse.

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 03:28 PM
link   
According to Fox News, a Home Depot rental pick-up/dump truck was stopped by a citizen driving an empty school bus. Thats when the driver got out with as many as two weapons and started to wave them around. Perp started yelling Allah Ackbar. Police shot him twice.

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Somebody reported they heard "allahu akbar" being shouted !!!!

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Thank god the school bus wasn't targeted (at least not successfully, AFAIK)

Can't help but feel for those injured and killed though

This is out of control. We have a serious violent-people problem in this country.

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

I live in the NYC area and this is deplorable.I've been inside the whole day,and the first thing I see after I got to ATS is this craziness....My thoughts and prayers to the victims and their families....I am not so far from this area,just a few dozen blocks away....This is crazy....I want off of this planet

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 03:32 PM
link   
This claim police is treating as terrorism.

Steven Portnoy

@stevenportnoy

JUST IN: CBS News reports the incident in Lower Manhattan is now being investigated as a terrorist attack.

www.zerohedge.com...

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

More guns isnt always the answer you know....

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 03:33 PM
link   
fox just reported that he had a paintball gun and bbgun, shouted allahu akbar

and that a school bus rammed him and stopped him from going further down the bike path and 11 kids hurt in bus
edit on 31-10-2017 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 03:34 PM
link   
BNONews says that it's being treated as a terrorist incident. Their source is Reuters

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   
CBS news says suspect only had IMITATION firearms and gunshots heard were from Police officers putting the alleged-terrorist down.

To be clear, CBS is reporting this is a deliberate act of terrorism who used a vehicle as a weapon to take at least 6 innocent lives. This terrorist was (yet again) stopped by a good guy with a gun, although he survived (so far) his gun shot wounds and is at Bellevue hospital.

Per CBS news

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 03:39 PM
link   
just thinking about the bus driver, wonder if he is hailed as a hero or sued for jeopardizing the kids?

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: wildapache

More guns are absolutely the answer. If you see a vehicle driving at you aggressively (and have a reasonable belief they intend to cause you severe bodily harm or death), you have every right to use your firearm to preventatively stop the driver & save your life and others.

More guns are generally the answer. Less guns is absolutely not the answer, especially given the frequency in which terrorists use vehicles and explosives (or acids, knives, etc) in locations where guns are banned or hard to acquire.

History and current events have shown us that terrorists and criminals will always find some kind of weapon to use against the innocent to take their lives. It just so happens that a firearm is (by design) the best weapon for accomplishing these goals, which is why it is so important that Citizens be armed with these firearms - because they are the most effective way to neutralize a deadly threat. When going up against a criminal/terrorist who is using a gun/car/knife/bomb/acid, it is always best to have the most appropriate weapon for the job - one that will accomplish your goal of stopping the threat as quickly as possible in order to preserve your life and the lives of others.

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   

I now have images of dozens of cyclists strapped up with assault rifles, you know, just in case they have to shoot terrorists.

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Not shot. Run over by a truck. Driver has been shot. Still alive and in custody.

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   
looks like this is the truck used

truck

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Yes i get your point,but how long until an innocent is shot for just looking like a terrorist?In these instances,blood run high,emotions left unchecked,and innocent people may be left dead.....

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join