It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the most exotic military technology that USA has?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Tajlakz

Yeah, but you can just about count those on part of one hand.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

Similar, but not identical

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tajlakz
a reply to: Zaphod58

I think in general that sounds about right. However, there are a few SAPs out there that are likely 50+ years ahead if only for the fact that they are based on non-intuitive discoveries in fundamental physics.

It’s still an arbitrary number. None of it means anything when these supposed weapons are so secret that they will never be used since it would expose them. And it’s not as if the USA is a world leader in every field of technology. Some countries fielded tech decades ago that the USA is taking credit for now. Check out the historical development and deployment of lasers by the USSR, for example.

Also keep in mind that a lot of these “secret projects” are red herrings and scams perpetrated by Pentagon officials and defence corporations who know they can get away with it. After all, where is the oversight on black projects? That’s not to say that some secret projects aren’t actual, and even some prototypes can factor into rapid development, production and deployment of tangible assets. But that’s just how the game is played.

As for secret American tech, I know for a fact that they do have some kind of massive chemical laser that fires off from a facility on the ground up into the sky (I’ve seen a video of it dating back from the 1990s). It’s obviously a weapon platform, not just an atmospheric test device. Considering it can’t be aimed from the ground, I would assume that it is deflected by satellites in the sky, but I’m not sure of its purpose. I haven’t anything else on this system so it’s mostly speculation.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 10:05 PM
link   

True, and I hope one particular finger stays secret forever.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Considering in the least week I've seen a unit "outed" by ordering a door mat that was then advertised on the company site, and a new into the wild because someone left it in a Power Point document, I wouldn't count on it.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 02:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

Considering in the least week I've seen a unit "outed" by ordering a door mat that was then advertised on the company site, and a new into the wild because someone left it in a Power Point document, I wouldn't count on it.

What about that weapon that the Americans were testing out as they roamed throughout Iraq in 2003; the one that popped peoples’ heads wide open as they were driving vehicles around, and engineers made sure to rip up and replace the pavement in the vacinity of the attack to cover it up?

Speculation was that it came from the air. Reminded me of pulse lasers that the Soviets has on tunguska platforms and Hips (I believe) that were designed to fry sensors on enemy vehicles. But they mothballed their experimental models because the pulse lasers also had the undesired effect of permanently frying the eyes of enemy personnel (and perhaps more considering the focal potential of lasers upon the cornea), which they perceived as being a violation of war convention.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 02:51 AM
link   
a reply to: TheStalkingHorse

micrwave area of denial weapon. its non lethal. makes ya feel like ya gonna pop but those reports were lies.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 03:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

micrwave area of denial weapon. its non lethal. makes ya feel like ya gonna pop but those reports were lies.

The reports conducted by doctors on the scene who found their heads blown off, while sitting behind a windshield, with no bullet holes?

Also keep in mind that this occurred in an area that US troops were just moving into, near an airport I believe. Non-lethal microwave weapons are not weapons used in combat. They are designed for crowd control.
edit on 1162017 by TheStalkingHorse because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 03:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

He once stood at the end of the runway and watched a series of B1s do full powered takeoffs one after the other in rapid succession.
I saw this same thing as a teenager riding around with friends. It was frightening. We pulled over and stood outside my car speechless viewing the spectacle. We thought WWIII was on the way. When I went home and told my mom, we stayed up watching the news to see if anything would happen.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 05:50 AM
link   

fire , or WP or DIME's or maybe even just a regular explosion, i saw what you are talking about. it wasnt a laser weapon it would have bounced off the glass and damaged other things, that a laser pointer and shine it at your window and see it bounce around.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 10:27 AM
link   

They also claimed that neutron bombs and small nuclear weapons were used on multiple occasions. Don't believe everything you read online.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I had an instructor in college who worked black ops science projects for the navy, and one afternoon he regaled us with vague stories of drone technology they were developing in the 80's (think a long torpedo object oriented vertically, with two counter rotating props in the middle - camera on the bottom and antenna on top) that were being tested only at night. He mentioned that it was almost always reported as a UFO when spotted since it was silent past about 150ft out, and could hover/change direction on a dime. Primary purpose was intelligence gathering rather than as a weapons platform.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Wayfarer

UAV technology is great, but they plateaued pretty early and have had a hard time getting past it. Until a few years ago we were seeing more or less incremental improvements and small progressions. Then they hit a breakthrough and now it's jumping forward again. It still makes more sense for the ISR role, but it's getting there.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheStalkingHorse

originally posted by: yuppa

The reports conducted by doctors on the scene who found their heads blown off, while sitting behind a windshield, with no bullet holes?

Also keep in mind that this occurred in an area that US troops were just moving into, near an airport I believe. Non-lethal microwave weapons are not weapons used in combat. They are designed for crowd control.

LIESby the doctors and anti us people

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 09:37 PM
link   

This was posted in 2006 and does a pretty good job of debunking that whole story.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 11/6/2017 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Tom would make a great addition to this thread. It's been about six months right? Wonder where they've got him squirreled away this time..

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Somewhere far away, yet close by.

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 02:18 AM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

Is it just me or did the "super secret weapons system that no one's supposed to talk about"s basic mechanism of operation just get outed in the national news as a major scientific discovery? It sure seems to check a lot of boxes...

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Project STARGATE comes to mind...

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Toms doing well just very busy and not around so much. But it would be great to have had him on this thread.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join