It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An old power plant=fun

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 05:23 PM
link   
this is about a power plant that me and my friend went into that has been closed for a while and about three weeks ago i went into it at the very top and took a picture without my flash and with..the picture with my flash didnt turn out and the one without..just...wow...honestly did not do a thing to in anyway enhance this photo..no lights...at night..around 8:30..i even got prints at wal-mart
but this was taken with a digital camera so i really do not know...reply an tell me what you think

"http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v301/mikeswaykus/justwow.jpg">

"http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v301/mikeswaykus/plant2.jpg">

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 05:25 PM
link   
ahh first one didnt work lemme try again

img.photobucket.com...

img.photobucket.com...

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Disclaimer: I cannot say what's in the picture, I was not there.

I do know when you take an electronic device near electromagnetic coils and high voltage systems such as those found in a power plant (even a closed down one), you get interference. It's ironic and fascinating that they look like little lighting bolts but also logical. I think as an artist you've really captured the 'spirit' of electricity. I'd even say that you're in the right 'spirit' for finding the pictures curiously fun. Nice pics, thanks for posting
. Maybe as an experiment, try again with a film camera?

Ex-human spirits? Ahhh...I wouldn't be convinced by these photos alone.

[edit on 12-2-2005 by saint4God]

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Now, I know you said that you didn't edit the photos, but something is quite amiss in them, whether it's from editing, light glares, or whatever.

The squiggle on the right has a definite shape to it. The squiggle on the left, however, seems to be a "trail" following exactly the same shape as the squiggle on the right. What it looks like to me, is that one shape was found, and the second was created from the first, and pasted next to it. It almost seem like an effect that's not uncommon through either mirrors, or some prismatic effect on the lens. This appears to be one image, split into two parts.

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Well the fact that the foreground has no blur means that you kept the camera still thus whatever created the trails was moving. Do you remember seeing anything out there, perhaps small points of light that would have become the trails due to a prolonged exposure because of low light?

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 02:19 AM
link   
www.2and2.net...

I increased the brightness and contrast and you can see above and between those two is a third light.

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Thanks for all of this because i had no clue whatsoever. About the lights I don't think so because well for one you CAN see the lights from a balcony led to from a door opposite a wall with a ladder, but there was nothing after we re-examined the room that could have been reflecting light. Could it just be something done by the camera?(digital)

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 03:29 PM
link   
In the brightened photo that Faceless posted, you can see that the two main streaks of light both have exactly the same shape. Whatever you captured in that photograph, seems to be two of the same thing. It's almost like it's two images superimposed over each other. One image being the view that you saw from the power plant, and the other being of two lights, photographed with a quickly moving camera. It's certainly not a double exposure, since the camera is digital. Honestly, I'm not entirely certain what you're seeing, since I've never seen two ghostly manifestations (especially of this sort) that are identical. It makes me all that much more curious because of the identical shapes of the two main lights.

Quite an interesting photo you have there. I feel there is much discussion left on it.

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 11:48 PM
link   
The Mothman liked electric plants

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by somewhereoutthere
...the picture with my flash didnt turn out and the one without..just...wow...

I'm a bit confused here... you say that this pic was without the flash, yet the box in the left foreground appears illuminated by a flash. Are you sure this was taken without a flash? About how long was the exposure time?

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Well could it have been the flashlight my friend was holding? I don't distinctly remember if he had it on in that picture or not. I think i told him to turn it off along with the flash. Not sure about the exposure time.(I'm not to handy when it comes to that stuff,
)

new topics

top topics

join