It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Questions raised about sailors' story after months stranded at sea

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

And they say men won't stop and ask for directions when we get lost!

pfft!

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock

originally posted by: NerdGoddess
Perhaps they just wanted some attention, or they were clueless and exaggerating?

Did they know there was an emergency beacon, did they know how to activate it?

-Alee

Excellent point. Obviously, without a man around, these women were completely clueless on how to operate or do anything.

ETA: Maybe there was a spider on the emergency beacon and that resulted in an epic 5 month standoff with the beacon being held hostage as the spider slowly weaved its web. As the women watched on in horror and fear, standing on a seat making high pitched screams?

BRAHAHAHAHA!! You win the internet for the day!!

On a serious note I know many women who are jam up avid sailors that I would have on the boat long before a lot of guys I know. The fact that the EPIRB was not activated shows either these women had absolutely no marine experience or were actually spinning a web for some other reason. Maybe 15 min of fame or who knows...

Or maybe these particular two women should have just stuck to making sammies..

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 01:37 PM
link   
There problem was the motor failed.
That is BS to me.
I have been across that same ocean twice on a wooden ship.

They seem not to know how to use the sails.
On a sailboat you only use the motor going in and out of port.

the mast on there sailboat looked to be in good shape and even if the sails were damaged they could have set makshift sails to get into port.

also most people crossing oceans on a sail boat have solar panels to run the electronics if they can not power any other way.

it sounds like these two were day sailors with a sailboat set up for day sailing that tried to cross a ocean without the training to do it.

oceanvolt.com...
oceanvolt.com...

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: GuidedKill

Perhaps they just wanted some attention, or they were clueless and exaggerating?

-Alee

Excellent point. Obviously, without a man around, these women were completely clueless on how to operate or do anything.

ETA: Maybe there was a spider on the emergency beacon and that resulted in an epic 5 month standoff with the beacon being held hostage as the spider slowly weaved its web. As the women watched on in horror and fear, standing on a seat making high pitched screams?

On a serious note I know many women who are jam up avid sailors that I would have on the boat long before a lot of guys I know. The fact that the EPIRB was not activated shows either these women had absolutely no marine experience or were actually spinning a web for some other reason. Maybe 15 min of fame or who knows...

BAAHH HA HA Making sammies was probably the reason they decided to take off!

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   
"Relax its just like driving an SUV on water"

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

-Alee

Fair point.....However maybe they should have taken a basic boaters safety course before there boneheaded adventure...

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   

-Alee

Fair point.....However maybe they should have taken a basic boaters safety course before there boneheaded adventure...

The adventure was not bonehead, the violent storms are bonehead.

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: seattlerat

I have 2 questions.

1. Where are their husbands?

2. Why did their men-folk allow them to do something so silly?

Single most sexist comment I've read on here in ages.

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 02:54 PM
link   

-Alee

Ok, somehow you managed to beat out Cowboy for most sexist comment award.

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: nightbringr

I have 2 questions.

Single most sexist comment I've read on here in ages.

I agree completely, some of these posters are just so insensitive.

I get really shaken up sometimes over it.

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   

-Alee

The adventure was not bonehead, the violent storms are bonehead.

Um being lost at sea and not using a piece of equipment designed for being lost at sea was the boneheaded move.

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   

-Alee

Damn right I beat him, I'm the best.

What did I win??????

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   

-Alee

What did I win??????

Nothing, living with your skewed perspective of the world and the opposite sex is 'reward' enough.

Ps. You might want to actually make some women friends just so you know they aren't all precious little wall flowers.

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 03:19 PM
link   

-Alee

DAMMIT!

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

Maybe there are floating McD's out there that also serve fatty doggie treats, too?

I'm honestly surprised they don't have them already.

I'm imagining someone from the MCDNSA is running to his superior right now with the idea.

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 03:38 PM
link   

-Alee

What did I win??????

Nothing, living with your skewed perspective of the world and the opposite sex is 'reward' enough.

Ps. You might want to actually make some women friends just so you know they aren't all precious little wall flowers.

I can't imagine what it must be like to live without any concept of humor.

The ability to recognize a joke, even if you don't find it funny, is something I've obviously always taken for granted. Without it, I"m sure I'd go around and make a fool of myself taking obvious attempts at jokes(to the vast majority of people) and treat them as serious talking points.

Ever wonder why nobody else ever jumps in on the "conversation". Because everyone either got the joke and found it funny or got the joke and did not find it funny but moved on.

There's always one, devoid of any grasp on reality, devoid of personality and any type of sense of humor. There's always that one that reads such an obvious joke/setup and thinks to themselves, "Wow, what an absolutely over the top remark. It must be 100 percent genuine. I've got to argue this!!".

edit on 31-10-2017 by MisterSpock because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Hopefully you've learned something... how much it hurts to come in second place.....

Like women.

Maybe you'll be more sensitive next time
edit on 31-10-2017 by seaswine because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: StallionDuck

I have 2 questions.

LOL I'm guessing you're not serious

It was either that or go with the standard "making sammiches so they won't starve" bit.

It as a coin toss.

If you could have somehow melded that with "tuna of the sea", I would have fallen out my chair and broken a hip from unabated laughter!

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: seaswine
a reply to: DBCowboy

Hopefully you've learned something... how much it hurts to come in second place.....

Like women.

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 03:47 PM
link   

I have 2 questions.

Have two questions as well:

1. Where do dogs do their business on a boat?

2. Which one is Ginger, and which is Mary-Anne?

3. Never mind. Only really had one question.

Here's an updated story, including a video interview where the ladies say they thought their boat would sink within 24 hours.
CBC news

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join