It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tucker threatened by Podesta lawyer to stop reporting on connections to Manafort

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+56 more 
posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Tucker Carlson reported on his show last night that he received a letter from a Podesta Group lawyer threatening legal action if he doesn't stop reporting on his show about the connections between the Group and Manafort.

Tucker Carlson responded tonight to a "snarling legal threat" from a lawyer for Tony Podesta over his reporting that Podesta, his brother and Paul Manafort were the "central figures" in the the federal investigation led by Special Counsel Robert Mueller.

"The letter demands that this show 'immediately cease and desist disseminating false and misleading reports about Mr. Podesta and the Podesta Group,'" Carlson said. "It demands we retract and delete all our prior reporting on the Podesta Group and warns that if we don't do this 'Mr. Podesta may pursue legal action, including for damages, in order to fully protect his rights.'"

He said Garinther's letter also claims that Manafort did not work with the Podesta Group in its representation of the European Centre for a Modern Ukraine. "Apparently that lawyer hasn't read the Manafort indictment yet," Carlson said.

Fox News

"'We're Not Intimidated': Tucker Carlson Responds to Legal Threat From Podesta Lawyer"

This type of intimidation sounds eerily familiar to past Podesta intimidation regarding reporting on their shady actions. Intimidate and delegitimize claims with the help of the complicit media.

Tucker isn't listening, I just hope Mueller has as much fortitude.

+10 more 
posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 06:49 AM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

This is because the Podesta group is not at the center of the Mueller investigation, and claiming that it is is a lie tantamount to libel. Members of the Trump campaign cannot sue the media for reporting that they are under investigation because it is true, not libel.

+60 more 
posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 06:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

This is because the Podesta group is not at the center of the Mueller investigation, and claiming that it is is a lie tantamount to libel. Members of the Trump campaign cannot sue the media for reporting that they are under investigation because it is true, not libel.

You've got to be kidding me.

+11 more 
posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Oh, crap, you just know that the dirt diggers are hard at work looking into Tucker's history back to grade school to get him canned from Fox.

I discovered Tucker on his Daily Caller site a few years ago. He is head and shoulders over Hannity and the other commentators with his direct, persistent style of cutting to the chase with his guests. Of course, eventually, some of his idiot counterparts will wise up that they should not volunteer to come onto his program because they rarely come off as winning their point, usually the opposite.

+13 more 
posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Throes

The damage control operation seems more and more difficult to carry on ...
Podesta part of Trump administration now ? ... because 'Muh Russia' ...

+23 more 
posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 07:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

I guess time will tell.
The threat of legal action was given, Tucker ignored it. If Podesta is truly innocent then let a judge decide. Unless Mueller's investigation, which is NOT limited to Trump, makes a different determination then yours first.

Interesting days ahead, let the criminals on BOTH sides fall, if guilty.

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 07:02 AM
link   
It seems like nothing will get done due to the threats (unforeseen at the moment). Sad, but when Russia can buy Uranium from the US and the President at the time turns a blind eye to the deal and the CIA, FBI and other agencies also turn a blind eye, well, think I'll eat my Japanese made tacos for dinner tonight and just enjoy the cartoon show now in Washington DC.

+12 more 
posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 07:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: theultimatebelgianjoke

You're apparently unaware that Manafort's charges stem from the time when he was working with the Podesta group....

(post by Sillyolme removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 07:07 AM
link   

No one is trying to kid you. You've been kidding yourself.

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 07:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

He's a moron.

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 07:08 AM
link   
a reply to: HeadCrunchMcRockGroin

Yes I do ... why ?
Just let me know, in case I missed it, when Podesta used to work for Trump ?

link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

link   

No idea what you are talking about. Podesta wasn't apart of the Trump administration? His group, however, was directly involved in lobbying for Democrats.. His Group is also mentioned often in the indictment, which is fair to report on.

If you were being sarcastic, I took the bait.

edit on 31-10-2017 by Throes because: (no reason given)

+47 more 
posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 07:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

What are the central figures? So far, its been anything but.

You're ignoring the fact that Podesta stepped down as a result of muellers investigation. Usually that means he is guilty, lets be real.

Secondly, Tucker is much better then anything MSNBC puts out, with real world theories.

Your deflection won't work here, your people are going down 😚

+16 more 
posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 07:11 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Just let me know, in case I missed it, when Podesta used to work for Trump ?

It just seems that some poster (not you) have issue getting rid of the Trump/Russia narrative and switching the blame to real culprits becomes a difficult partisan issue.

EDIT : Yes I was sarcastic ... and cheerfull

edit on 31-10-2017 by theultimatebelgianjoke because: Added text

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 07:13 AM
link   
people who focus on the technicality that lets their favorite criminals off the hook reveal that they dont care a whit about truth and justice.

"a rose by any other name"

+20 more 
posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 07:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

No one is trying to kid you. You've been kidding yourself.

Considering your reply, I think we all know who's been kidding themselves. Manafort is going down and The Podesta Group is at the center of the indictment.

Daily Caller: Podesta Group "Key Actor" dailycaller.com...

So, how far off was Carlson's reporting? Podesta is trying to strong arm out of desperation.

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 07:16 AM
link   
a reply to: HeadCrunchMcRockGroin

That doesn't make them central to the investigation. That's a crock of # and Tucker Carlson is an idiot for saying it. He's trying to take the focus off the Whitehouse like a good little house troll.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join