It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Do You Cook for Halloween Dinner

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 08:18 AM
link   
We don't traditionally make it because it takes some doing, but occasionally we make what we call Squid Butts and Tauntaun Guts.

It's actually a Vietnamese stuffed squid recipe. You get the tubes of small to medium sized squid and make of a filling of ground pork, scallions, and soaked bean thread noodles (the clear ones). You stuff the filling into the tubes and use a toothpick to hold them shut. Then you sort of pan roast them until cooked through.

You are supposed to slice them into circles for serving and you make a fish sauce/soy sauce dip (Nuoc Cham I think?)

But if you take a finished tube and slit it open lengthwise, it resembles exactly what the gutted Tauntaun from Empire Strikes Back looks like with the filling bursting out and the clear bean threads in it. Hence, the nickname we gave it and the reason we occasionally make it on Halloween.

Tasty, too!

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 09:29 AM
link   
You guys and gals are awesome!! Thanks for contributing, I really appreciate the input!

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Tootsie roll casserole, with a blended peanut butter cup shake. Watermelon blow pops for dessert, and couple whoppers in my bloody mary.
edit on 31-10-2017 by Jimmycrackerson3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jimmycrackerson3
Tootsie roll casserole, with a blended peanut butter cup shake. Watermelon blow pops for dessert, and couple whoppers in my bloody mary.

Well...lmao....not really what I was looking for, but a recipe nonetheless! Hahaha..

Thanks Jim!

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 01:32 PM
link   
We're eating the candy that we have left over from trick or treating, we haven't had a trick or treater in over twelve years. So I make sure we have cookies and reeses peanut butter cups for the trick or treaters.

Maybe we should make a bunch of stuff like banana bread and zuccini bread. Maybe a pumpkin pie would be good too.

The kids are eating a bunch of garbage on Halloween, why can't grandparents?

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I bet you serve them in a little mock Tauntaun

edit on 31-10-2017 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 11:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: Alien Abduct

Cauliflower topped with tomato sauce served out of a skull. Gummy worms. Punch with floating hands and eyeballs. I actually did make hand shaped ice with rubber gloves.

Cool, I can make that cauliflower one with Bloody Mary!

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 12:08 AM
link   
We like to take our kids out to eat before trick or treating. We let them go dressed up in their costumes so they feel extra special

Taken right before taking them out to dinner earlier today
edit on 1-11-2017 by jeramie because: (no reason given)

(sorry its sideways!)
edit on 1-11-2017 by jeramie because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join