It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need a place to be mad at the world? Here it is!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 02:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I am so pissed that they took the tag off of the back of mens underwear. You need a light to put them on now. Sure you can feel the flap in front, but knowing if they are inside out is important too. Get them on inside out and the underwear flap and the pant zipper overlap are opposite.

This thread is a can of worms.

I stopped wearing underwear years ago, cmon Ricky time to let the boys breathe a little better, you won't regret it.

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 03:08 AM
link   
a reply to: HiMyNameIsCal

Why do they put prescriptions in a child proof bottle,when it's for arthritis? for the elderly

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 03:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Somethingsamiss

Im sorry i really hate this. I grew up and was taught to be polite. Example holding the door for someone.

Me too! Or give an elderly person your seat on a crowded bus or waiting area. A little bit of kindness goes a long way.

I held a door for a woman who then called me a sexist pig and she can "get her own damn door"

Wow that's ridiculous! I've had guys hold doors open for me and I'm a guy!

I had the opposite happen to me. I held a door open for a young women one time and she turned to me and said "I wish more young men today would have the courtesy to open doors for women." I laughed and said "my mother taught me well."

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 04:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: fiverx313
i just want to know why it is that every time i drive anywhere in this town in any direction, i have to stop at 90% of the lights. come on, now

I remember living in the city as a kid riding around town with my dad driving when he told me how the city timed the traffic lights. He claimed that they purposely timed the lights so that you had to exceed the speed limit a little in order to catch all green lights, otherwise doing the speed limit would get you caught at the red lights. He said that on one route to work that he took every morning, if he did a certain speed he never caught a red light, thus proving his theory on light timing.

Well, I observed the speed and light timing when I was in the car after that and what my dad said seemed true enough, no matter what city we were in. Long after that I saw a news report that showed how traffic was managed in a big city (it might have been New York, I don't remember) and how they timed the lights differently for rush hour and slower periods of traffic. It was a pretty complex system to deal with a well studied subject so obviously they have sensible reasons for how the lights are timed. My dad never offered a reason why they timed the lights the way they did, yet even as a kid I thought that they timed the lights to encourage people to speed and run the lights (on the yellow at least) so the cops could give out more traffic citations and maximize the profit potential. Seems I've been pretty cynical since I was around 9 or 10, but that is how I observed traffic reacting and that is the conclusion I came to even back then as a kid.

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Nothing is getting done is my biggest gripe. The problem is causing more problems to distract for their incompetency. Sad part its working. Wish people could see it.

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 05:16 AM
link   

I am so pissed that they took the tag off of the back of mens underwear. You need a light to put them on now. Sure you can feel the flap in front, but knowing if they are inside out is important too. Get them on inside out and the underwear flap and the pant zipper overlap are opposite.

I thought I was the only one. It's hard enough to get dressed in morning, but in the dark, forget it. No tag to feel for, got to find the pee-pee flap in front or find the light switch and get blinded. I use a small flashlight now a days.

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 05:26 AM
link   

But if you wear them inside out you can get twice the wear time.

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 05:48 AM
link   

I just ran into this problem too. What the hell?????? This is not progress.

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Maybe try turning off your TV and enjoy life. Rather than being brainwashed by bullsgit. Weather its trump or Hillary or a garden gnome are in what effect has it actually had on your personally. .??
Probably nothing so I assume you stressed about nothing. Turn off the TV and do something else.

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: HiMyNameIsCal
a reply to: rickymouse

This thread is a can of worms, Dirty Ones! I just needed to get some of that off my chest and not to my better half

I hate that under ware thing too. How are you supposed to wear it 100 times if the label fades after 3 washes.
Bunch of cheapskates!

They are trying to force awareness on us. Instead of grabbing a pair of shorts in the dark and putting them on after feeling for the cloth tag, they make us look at our underwear to make sure it is put on correct. That alone contributes to global warming and conflicts with the wife when you put the light on to put your shorts on. I suppose they are trying to drum up business for divorce attorneys and funds for climate change. So they make us use more electricity.

There is nothing more distracting than after you find out your underwear is on inside out. I think that is why there are so many people on anxiety meds nowadays.

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

I stopped wearing underwear years ago, cmon Ricky time to let the boys breathe a little better, you won't regret it.

I found out about four years ago that if I did not eat bananas I had no problem with a reaction to the latex in the bands of the underwear. I guess avacado latex can do the same thing, but I do not eat avacados. They changed the elastic to latex in most underwear about twelve years ago. I don't have a problem with bananas if I do not eat root veggies or tomatoes within a couple of days so I can still eat bananas occasionally.

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

I just ran into this problem too. What the hell?????? This is not progress.

It is definitely a conspiracy, they are out to get all of us guys to take SSRIs.

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Yellow goes to the front, brown to the rear?

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

I can tell you this about traffic lights, it's not a hidden scam to make money off tickets, it's simply too complex and expensive for most cities to get right. Every intersection impacts every other intersection in a community and the matrix becomes mind numbingly complicated the more signals you have. Some intersections are controlled by traffic loops embedded in the pavement, if there's nobody stopped waiting for a red light, then the opposing green light will remain on indefinitely. This type of intersection is almost impossible to accurately queue for downstream. Then you have issues with new signals... an intersection project has budget to time that particular intersection, not the (in big cities) potentially millions of dollars it would take to retime and sequence all the intersections impacted by the new signal.

If every major city put aside a couple million bucks every 10 years to perform a full network traffic study and sequence their lights accordingly, it wouldn't be an issue. Good luck finding any major city that has a couple million on hand that isn't desperately needed elsewhere on matters of public safety or pandering mayoral promised earmarks.

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Yellow goes to the front, brown to the rear?

You need the light on for that too. It is no better than that little stamp they put in back in place of the tag.

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Figure it out by smell?

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 10:37 PM
link   
I used to get really upset about how retarded main stream America has become but then I realized I don`t live in mainstream America or anywhere near it so now I just don`t a # about how mainstream America wants to self destruct,as long as they keep paying their taxes and don`t try to cross the bridge that leads to my little piece of paradise on this island, let them sleep in the bed that they made.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join