It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Instead of golfing, Rich millennials decided to create their own victory gardens called agrihoods.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

For $400K to more than a cool $1M, I could find me a very nice bit of land away from others and have the same things.

This sounds like a wannabe top-percenters' hippie commune.

"We're wealthy, but socially conscious, so disregard that and marvel at our exclusive community in which you cannot afford to live!"

It's the same mantra as the golf-course people of the '80s, just with a slightly different tone--the result is still the same.

But I'm not full-on Negative Nancy about it, as I do find it a very cool concept, but these types of things should be happening to benefit lower-income people, not the upper-percenters of a generation who has built their brand on despising the exclusivity of the upper-percenters.

I'll take the country living, myself, but to each their own.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 09:44 AM
link   

This is funny.
But I do think it's awesome.
I mean, you've got these guys... and then on the other hand you've got preppers and homesteaders, etc.

I know more and more people who are starting gardens these days. And many getting into communal living.
I think it's awesome!!

They're inspired (no matter any agenda) and they're inspiring others. To me that's great.
I think more of us need to get back to our roots, so to speak.
(Too many oil worries, import/export worries, chemical worries, food shortages, price increases, etc, etc, in the world today.... And too many people
Keep it here, keep it here
)

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767
a reply to: starwarsisreal

I really had to chuckle, you know yourself this is actually called a Commune,. So they slap a new name on it, focus it at the rich Probably as a method to get food that has not been doused in Roundup and god know's what else.

Practically these are ideal as the economy is not stable, food sources can fluctuate and having your own food source is the most logical step forward.

Though not much used for it any more this was the original purpose of Back Gardens over here in Blighty as well, they were in some respects' a legacy idea from the small holding concept were a peasant would grow some vegetables upon there tiny plot of land.

The most perfectly realized commune's though are the Kibbutz community's of Israel.

So it is a fantastic idea but up marketing it is just hilarious, Selling the Old as the New - well it is practical, common sense and it work's, also it allow's these community's to forego the corporate dosing of there food that has caused male fertility to drop and chemically castrated all of us peon's.

The mortgage would not be low. Kind of the opposite of a commune. Also you never hear of a community that offers golf club, bike trails, it's own park, workout center? It's the same concept, not a commune. Not every traditionally lib sounding idea is. Trumptard here that would appreciate this.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 09:54 AM
link   
This is unique how?

How in the world is this any different than people reclaiming empty lots, or their backyards for that matter, and planting some tomato plants, pole beans, peas, various herbs, etc... as they've been doing for the past centuries?

Instead of golf clubs? OK, that's, in and of it self, is a good idea, if hardly original. Kudos, anyway.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: mikell
I forgot they will have to have a leader a vice leader a section leader an crop leader and on and on and on. Then they will hire illegals to do all the physical labor.

If they created a food forest, even atop an apartment building, then the most intensive labour would be in the initial planting and harvesting. If planned properly there should be little to no labour needed during the growing time, and the harvesting could be a community endeavour.

www.treehugger.com...

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: SunnyDee
grey water for fruit trees no thank you i remember a west coast ecoli outbreak where children died it was traced back to strawberries grown with grey water irrigation. yes the martion fertilized his taters with his crap but i would not want to risk it.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: [post=22838975]proteus33[/post

Gray water has to be very carefully used, I would never consider it in a communal environment. Years ago mom used grey (dishwater) to throw on their gardens and the soap helped with pest control. I used dehumidifier water on pumpkins and they were the most healthy I've ever seen.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 08:48 PM
link   
And this is better than a backyard garden how?
I am comfortable going out to my garden in my bathrobe to grab X (apple, peach, grapefruit whatever)
Would not feel so free in a community garden.
For those prices you should get some extra land ( 4X the homes footprint should be the minimum lot size).
A child is miles safer playing in a backyard than a front yard.

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Love the idea. I believe regular working folks would call these "cults", but this label will work lol.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join