It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tranformation of the antichrist transfiguration of the true

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 09:47 PM
link   
In my studies of the NIV and KJV bibles. And watching pastor Arnold Murray. Ive learned that the enemy of man will be transformed. While the original true Christ will be transfigured.

Knowing this will help you determine what you believe and how you view prophecy laid down by the early writers.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: anotherside

??? do tell

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 10:00 PM
link   
It could be anything. Christ was transfigured on the cross. But tells of his second coming. Ive read of a new name of christ in the last days. Im actually slightly confounded. "Tribulation" .. The possessed mind by the world..the antichrist makes it hell while telling you your happy..giving you slivers of truth that bends human will "mind control" i think we will never know Christs second coming the way we see it in the bible. Its all one event leading to another.

No matter how many time traveling paradox makers purposely stepping on butterflies. Christ ends up being just the way he is. A counselor of the meek.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Christ was transfigured on the cross.
Got a link to that in the Bible ?

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Ummm...

Read Revelation and Zechariah.

Christ's return is from the heavens on the mount of olives.

The Glorious Appearing will take place "immediately after the distress of those days," that is, at the end of the Tribulation and before the Millennium. The Second Coming of Christ will be the most dramatic point in all history.

Second Coming of Christ (see Rev. 19:11-16).

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Im going by memory, bit ill look.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 10:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1

Christ was transfigured on the cross.
Got a link to that in the Bible ?

Yeah... don't remember that part...

He was apparently transfigured when he met the two spirits on the mountain (Moses and Elijah)

not on the cross though... but i seem to recall something like that in gnostic texts

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 10:22 PM
link   

This is a good video by the late arnold murray about the false christ. This guy can extrapolate, interpolate and talk cool. He knows the heart of God i think. In some human way. Anyway. He says importantly when everyones crying or saying "peace peace peace" thats when you flee..but then prophecy tells us fleeing in the end is useless upon all.

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 12:50 AM
link   
You drag me across your open wound.
I listen to good and evil music..

All i am able to see is my own magical misdirection, vs my own.

Your human decision seems like me alone in 3022.
A rock throwing upon rock. But still after volcanos, nick cave, swans, other great influences that live forever. Oh the synths.

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 01:24 AM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1 You are all hopped up on todays juicy stories 2ofusr1. Leave the poor person alone.
Atleast this isn't about current things going on.......OR is it

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 02:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

Music, like the time travelers.

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 03:17 AM
link   

One thing true in history regarding the bible,people still add delete,misinterpet,easy to do when it was an agenda

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Um... So someone asked a question about where in the bible ypu sae this and your response was " i don't remember the part"? You are not helping your case. And a literal 10 second search i came up with this. www.google.com...

Reference is a wonderful thing.

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

Correct on the Mountain and not on the cross . I knew that so I challenged OP to fact check rather then believing what a preacher man said . Mike Heiser has a new book out called reversing Hermon . Mount Hermon is the location where the Sons of God descended ...Part of the Enoch fallen watchers story mentioned in Gen.6

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Somethingsamiss

That is quite the review ... tks

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I need to have a serious debate or talking with one of you religious types. I dont get it. When i was younger and in church, i would think of that game Telephone. You say one thing into the ear of a person and it travels around the room and changes by the end. Always i guess pessimistic.

I believe Jesus was a man, existed , but nothing "Supernatural" happened. I found out watching tv along with my studies, that their was astrology the day he was born and died. The wise men sent him to school and by age 12 he had great knowledge of religion. Imagine all your life being told you are the son of God. Was Jesus always working on his ultimate album release party?

I used to have faith awhile , just accepted certain things, around when my mom died. Partly because of peer pressure. I felt warm and happy and content most of the time. I think Jesus did it to save "his"people. Was watching Lifetime and a girl was strangled to death and she said "you cant hurt me cause Jesus loves me". The people years ago who didnt have everything we do today.

Was he like Aaron Lewis of Staind? Did he have daddy issues? I am your father? Dont lie down with another man and dont touch yourself a lot cause thats a sin. No one told me that all my life. Also marriage? He gives a framework of reality to people, years later and schools dont teach that and there sort of seems to be a gap in knowledge.

I have had to have most of my life disrupted or been in service to the cult of Silent Hill, people trying to summon a god. And i have been without religion most of my life. Many a time, couldnt function in society without. Abomination of Desolation? Lots of people wonder about the prophecy , and i often think about what Jesus s life was like. My mom said at 30 back then without a wife would be like a freak. The prophecy was written 80 or so years after his death, maybe people knew him. Maybe it was spoken in metaphor. 144,000 Numerology? The Rapture? I heard a prayer Jesus said "On heaven as on earth" my mom said thats one of the few things Jesus actually said.

I had to give my life to the prophecy, and maybe no one will be able to figure it out. The people of today live too comfortably and with ipods or 4K tvs , most just want to live forever. But all over the world all over tv people just accept without doubt. And i just dont get it. I dont understand them.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Hail Satan.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 11:05 PM
link   
I know it was prophesized the bad one would say that. Why was that included? I had my life ripped apart by crazy religious. Have to give my life for what others take for granted. I was trying to link posts had a thread that was deleted. The illuminati in their haste may have opened pandoras box. Some people spend their lives researching, i dont have a choice. Found wordworm in revelations, a hallucinagin. Jesus didnt write revelations.

The religious had me set as a sacrifice to get what they wanted and now things just go on. Revelations , a great ephimamy? Dawning of understanding? Today felt good about what i wrote going over it in my head, then got deleted. Because of blue prints of the powers that be , i became a amputee. A little crazy. Yeah i died, flatlined .... and you dont .... go anywhere. Sorry.In the future before sending kids to the pediatric head tramau ward and hunting them for sport in your Armageddon concert, ask someone who knows. You know those things called "facts".

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 01:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sepiroth196
I need to have a serious debate or talking with one of you religious types. I dont get it. When i was younger and in church, i would think of that game Telephone. You say one thing into the ear of a person and it travels around the room and changes by the end.

Have you ever played the Telephone game by first making a written record of the original message to see afterwards how much it has changed? How about playing the game while everyone in the chain writes down what they've heard as well to track when which changes occur. And then without the whispering that could cause someone to hear something else and instead writing down something and passing on the piece of paper instead, let someone else come into the room, give them the piece of paper and letting them copy it, then having them leave the room and letting someone else copy the copy (or a variation, copy the original piece of text as well, by leaving that in the room, then somewhere along the chain of people coming in and out of the room and copying both the original and copies, remove the original, and start working with the copies, then later on again, remove some of the oldest copies and continue copying the newer copies). Or imagine that scenario, what do you think will happen to the piece of text with the usual amount of people the telephone game is played (I played it in school with about 20 players). How about a hundred?

Ancient Cuneiform and the Bible

...Archaeologists have unearthed cuneiform texts that discuss people and events mentioned in the Scriptures. What do we know about this ancient system of writing? And what testimony to the Bible’s reliability do such texts offer?

Records That Have Lasted
Cuneiform scholars worldwide have the massive task of translation. ...
The discovery of bilingual and trilingual texts in cuneiform writing was the key to deciphering cuneiform. Scholars discerned that these documents contained the same text in different languages, all written in cuneiform script. What assisted the deciphering process was the realization that names, titles, genealogies of rulers, and even expressions of self-praise were often repeated.

By the 1850’s, scholars could read the lingua franca of the ancient Middle East, Akkadian, or Assyro-Babylonian, in cuneiform. The Encyclopædia Britannica explains: “Once Akkadian had been deciphered, the very core of the system was intelligible, and the prototype was provided for the interpretation of other languages in cuneiform.” How do these writings relate to the Scriptures?

The Testimony That Agrees With the Bible

The Bible states that Jerusalem was ruled by Canaanite kings until David conquered it, about 1070 B.C.E. (Josh. 10:1; 2 Sam. 5:4-9) But some scholars doubted this. However, in 1887 a peasant woman found a clay tablet at Amarna, Egypt. Some 380 texts eventually found there turned out to be diplomatic correspondence between rulers of Egypt (Amenhotep III and Akhenaton) and Canaanite kingdoms. Six letters were from ‘Abdi-Heba, the ruler of Jerusalem.

Biblical Archaeology Review states: “The Amarna tablets’ clear references to Jerusalem as a town, not an estate, and to ‘Abdi-Heba’s position as a . . . governor who had a residence and 50 Egyptian soldiers garrisoned in Jerusalem, suggest that Jerusalem was a small hill-country kingdom.” The same journal later said: “We may be confident, based on the Amarna letters, that a city, significant for its time, existed then.”

Names in Assyrian and Babylonian Records

The Assyrians, and later the Babylonians, wrote their history on clay tablets, as well as on cylinders, prisms, and monuments. So when scholars deciphered Akkadian cuneiform, they found that texts mentioned people also named in the Bible.

Says the book The Bible in the British Museum: “In his address in 1870 to the newly formed Society of Biblical Archaeology Dr Samuel Birch was able to identify [in cuneiform texts the names of] the Hebrew kings Omri, Ahab, Jehu, Azariah . . . , Menahem, Pekah, Hoshea, Hezekiah and Manasseh, the Assyrian kings Tiglath-Pileser . . . [III], Sargon, Sennacherib, Esarhaddon and Ashurbanipal, . . . and the Syrians Benhadad, Hazael and Rezin.”

The book The Bible and Radiocarbon Dating compares the Bible’s history of Israel and Judah with ancient cuneiform texts. The result? “Altogether, 15 or 16 kings of Judah and Israel appear, in foreign sources, in complete agreement with their names and times in [the Bible book of] Kings. Not a single king is out of place, nor do foreign sources name one unknown to us in Kings.”

One famous cuneiform inscription found in 1879, the Cyrus Cylinder, records that after taking Babylon in 539 B.C.E., Cyrus applied his policy of returning captives to their homelands. Among those to benefit were the Jews. (Ezra 1:1-4) Many 19th-century scholars had questioned the authenticity of the decree quoted in the Bible. However, cuneiform documents from the Persian period, including the Cyrus Cylinder, provide convincing evidence that the Bible record is accurate.

In 1883 an archive of over 700 cuneiform texts was found in Nippur, near Babylon. Among the 2,500 names mentioned, about 70 can be identified as Jewish. They appear, says historian Edwin Yamauchi, “as contracting parties, agents, witnesses, collectors of taxes, and royal officials.” The evidence that Jews continued to conduct such activities close to Babylon in this period is significant. It corroborates the Bible’s prophetic statement that while a “remnant” of Israelites returned to Judea from exile in Assyria and Babylon, many did not.—Isa. 10:21, 22.

During the first millennium B.C.E., cuneiform existed side by side with alphabetic writing. But the Assyrians and Babylonians eventually abandoned cuneiform in favor of alphabetic script.

Hundreds of thousands of tablets stored in museums remain to be studied. Those that experts have already deciphered furnish eloquent testimony to the dependability of the Bible. Who knows what additional testimony the unstudied texts may still yield?

Can Anyone Know Who Really Wrote the Bible?
Does the Bible Contain an Accurate Record of Jesus’ Life?
Ancient Potsherds Confirm the Biblical Record

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I came back to sort of apologize, religious people are mostly good people. Didnt want to monopolize someone elses thread. I come back and a crazy religious posted.Lol.I read through your post, dont care. I meant things get changed with time. No one is alive to see his miracles so did they really happen? I can write in a book, i am divine, so what. Talking to a jewish person years ago and she said they Christians just want to stay in their dream.

I appreciate this site and debate about politics you wouldnt be able to talk about anywhere else. I was saying i needed to talk to a religious type and thank you for offering suggestions, its just 2 different worlds we come from.I dont think i will ever "Get it" like you people do. And Job and adam and eve altough mentioned in scripture were probably not real people. I know lack of belief comes in direct opposition of belief and i am sorry, just been having a rough few days.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join