It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Springboard of “White Male Discrimination”.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: thepixelpusher

Define preferred.. because for every white guy passed over for a black guy. There are 4 black guys passed over for white guys.

Some states give tax breaks for matching the local demographic , but black people are 13% of the population..

How are they really discriminating when only 13% of the workforce is even black???

It is the same with colleges..

When some white kid loses out to affirmative action, 87% of the school is still white....

Only 10-15% are even eligible to lose out. Worst case...

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

You missed my point. Older white workers are being discriminated against. Every online application asks if you are a minority or veteran. Why, if we are all equal?

You are wrong. The global company I worked for had a dedicated team trying to enlist as many back, asians and hispanics as possible to meet their internal quota. This extended to all job fairs and online applications by those groups were fast tracked. You are dead wrong!
edit on 1-11-2017 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 10:06 PM
link   

I don’t know, but it is likely used for the opposite.. people with black sounding names get less than half as many call backs..

Buisnesses don’t make a habit of throwing away labor positions.. they need to be as effective as possible .

It happens for sure, but there is no wide spread issue of buisnesses throwing away labor on substandered employees to seem PC.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Tell that to the kid who does lose out and tell him why he lost out and ask him if that makes him feel better.

Sorry kid, but we have this quota and you are just in that unlucky 10 to 15% who has to get cut even though your marks are technically better than that other guy's ... it's just that your skin color was the wrong one ...

Qualified? Oh, yeah, you're perfectly qualified, but your skin color is wrong.

Oh, yeah, they used to tell that black kids, but you can't be discriminated against because you're white see, and most of the rest of the white kids got in, so we had to make room for that other kid who isn't white even though he didn't score as well as you did.

Tough luck!

Maybe that other school will take you, or you can do a few years of JUCO. Or, listen ... because the kid we just accepted has poor marks, he'll likely flunk out by semester. Come see us then ...

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Companies I know are actively seeking more minorities are Apple and Kimberly-Clark. So send them there. They would have an above average chance over white candidates.
edit on 1-11-2017 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 04:52 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Tell that to the MAJORITY of black guys that lose out to white guys....

Like I said for every white guy that’s skipped , 4 blackguys are skipped..

I don’t know where this garbage even comes from.. every place I’ve ever worked has favored whites.. every study done says whites get called back twice as often...

People take the one in a million isolated incident and pretend like it’s happening the majority of the time..

When in reality it probably had way more to do with the white guy who was passed over.. maybe no one likes him lol..

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 04:58 AM
link   

They only do that when they have relatively all white employees and are worried about a racism suit....and by definition if they have 80+% white employees. It really isn’t a societal problem now is it..

Why you conservative types are so easily duped by strawmen (or what’s the logical fallacy where you take a isolated instance and pretend it’s a national trend?? ad pulonium?? I forget) and slippery slope arguments , I have no idea..

It’s always been too easy for tptb to pretend as if it’s not the aristocracy that’s the problem, nooooo. It’s the least powerful sector of society that’s is the real problem..

(Wink)

Lol

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

Why you conservative types are so easily duped by strawmen (or what’s the logical fallacy where you take a isolated instance and pretend it’s a national trend?? ad pulonium?? I forget) and slippery slope arguments , I have no idea..

Yes, you have no idea. I'm not a conservative, and you don't know me. I actively supported the Diversity project within a global company, so I was part of the solution. Don't be so quick to judge others.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join