It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Springboard of “White Male Discrimination”.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Devino

I listened to a radio lab (might have been revisionist history) on the subject that was just disgusting..

To placate the racists and actually pass intergration the “meet in the middle “ compromise was to fire all the black teachers and send the children first..

Without a single adult to protect them..

They sent these 7 year olds into southern schools where “no one” wanted them, without any people in athority positions to protect them.
edit on 31-10-2017 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Just let me know if you need any strategies on
how to cope with discrimination.

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

I listened to a radio lab (might have been revisionist history) on the subject that was just disgusting..

To placate the racists and actually pass intergration the “meet in the middle “ compromise was to fire all the black teachers and send the children first..

Without a single adult to protect them..

They sent these 7 year olds into southern schools where “no one” wanted them, without any people in athority positions to protect them.
Are you talking about the busing program? I went to a school that did this, it seemed rather odd to me at the time.

This country has had a long history of racism that still exists today. It hinders our effectiveness as a nation. Is this a problem that you feel we should rid ourselves of and if so how do we do that?

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 10:05 AM
link   

I just know fromwork and a radiolab episode that is the case..

It covered the way Mexicans due to some quirk surrounding California’s admittance to the union were legally considered white and ineligible for the 14th protections.

Plus any employer can tell you the only potential suits they may face from discrimination are sex, sexual orientation, race, age and religion. Which do to its interpretation disallows the dominate class from using it.

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrBlaq

Although some persons need specific individual coping strategies, the species requires en masse strategies for the delegitmization of discrimination.

And that realm unfortunately is not unlike an lower intestine: stinky and loaded with danger.

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Put on our big girl and boy pants?

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Just the whole process really..

The people who wanted equality wanted to end segregation, but our system is a compromise, so that required allowing those against it to add stipulations..

One of those was that it wouldn’t be forced with teachers, they would only be assigned by merit, but merit was subjective so the individual schools would invent a reason to hire only white teachers.

Even literally saying this one woman who was extremely over qualified was too “ uppity” aka an uppity N..

How do we rid ourselves of it??

Trade the teams..

It never should have been sold as black vs. white.

It should have been sold as slaveowners vs abolitionists or segregationists vs imtergrationists or racists vs non-racists.

By selling it as black vs white and only glorifying the black civil rights leaders we pretend that all the black people are on team A and all the whites on team B.

When that isn’t anywhere near accurate..

I’m sure that some house slave living in the lap of luxury was pro-slavery (due to the fact they personally profited obviously, not morally) and plenty of the most vehement abolitionists/Civil rights leaders have been white.

I think this allows for the narrative to be sold as it your white/ black your team has already been chosen.

It’s cowboys and Indians with the perception being your teams are assigned at birth..

In the words of fredrick Douglas

“I am willing to live for the slaves, John brown was willing to die for them.”

I think the best example is BLM..

It should never have been sold as a black only issue. If you think some jumpy cop won’t kill your blond haired blue eyed kid. When he reaches for his ID when he is surprised by the officer. Then the cop go home a hero, Your crazy.

They should have chosen all lives matter as their name and shown up at the whitest police shooting victims funeral they could find.

Build a diverse coalition of mothers of victims that shows the American people this issue effects everyone.

edit on 31-10-2017 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

So you're in favor of legitimizing everyone discriminating on white males.

And that means its cool for white males to discriminate against everyone else?

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: MrBlaq

I need money.. so if you could help be by sending me a check.. I would feel thoughly impervious to discrimination!

Lol jk

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

I would rather have a check..

:p

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Reminds me of Ricks rant to summer and morty when they do the quantum uncertainty episode lol.

“So in grampas eyes you are both equally (beeep, beep) lol

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 11:13 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 11:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: aethertek
Oh cry me a river.
I thought "straight white males" were supposed to be the pinnacle of human evolution.
Tell all those SWMs to "suck it up buttercup", pull themselves up by their own bootstraps & to quit their whining.

K~(a SWM who has never felt discriminated against)

Cis-gender white male here.

Never felt discriminated against. If anything compared to my minority friends, I've had things easier.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 12:13 AM
link   
a reply to: aethertek

We are? Huh. I'm fairly sure we should all be very worried--if I'm any fair representation of the "pinnacle of human evolution"...we're screwed.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 12:32 AM
link   
never felt discriminated against for being white, either...

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 01:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dwoodward85
a reply to: JoshuaCox

Wrong.

You're wrong.

If we go by the modern interpretation of "discrimination" anything that is said that you or anyone doesn't like it's racism. If someone even flinches in a direction you don't like it's discrimination but you are also wrong on your claim that whites cannot be discriminated against and you just putting that theory forward in itself should be offensive, luckily this type of junk falls on deaf ears when it comes to my own life. I honestly roll my eyes and turn away when people use that same tired excuse when cussing out or belittling or attempting to make white men the bad guys in any situation.

Historical facts are always ignored (first black slaves were sold by black people to white people and black people. White people have been slaves across the world just as Black people, etc. etc.) When you claim that non white people can't be racist against white people you should be removed from the debate. I'm not saying it is has been as bad for white people as it has for blacks because it hasn't but in the recent months it has become a terrible time for white people, white people (that's me...I know shocker lol) have to be on edge with everything we say and do because it might offend a non-white - I've read reports of people calling racism over clothing, over the length of lines. It's ridiculous.

I could go on but more than likely this comment will probably be removed.

Clearly you didn't read the OP.

But you're SO convinced it's wrong you just had to type a response.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 01:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire

Put on our big girl and boy pants?

I suggest taking them off.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire
Alpha-male broflakes are a weird bunch, OP. Just ignore them, and occasionally make fun of them.

It's not really something to worry about. White people being discriminated against for being white is the funniest thing I've ever heard.

Now, white people being discriminated and treated poorly (by other white people) for being poor.... yeah, now we're onto something.

You think it's FUNNY??? You're lucky you weren't over here at my house the other day talking that nonsense when my 8 year old niece came home from school confused after someone called her a stupid white girl. You would have been put in your place REALLY QUICKLY my friend...

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

Omg.. your niece got called a name at school, break out the national guard...

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: fiverx313

Then you were never an older out of work white male. The job applications always ask if I'm a minority or vet. If those are not preferred why it is always part of everyones application process. I worked at a global corporation and they had quotas inside the company to fill so many positions with minorities, blacks especially. There was even a team assigned to try to attract more hispanics, blacks and asians to the company. I was part of that team, so I know. I supported it wholeheartedly too so don't give me racist snarky comments.
edit on 1-11-2017 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join