It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Springboard of “White Male Discrimination”.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 03:48 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 06:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

First off I would like to say that no “white males “ are not the most discriminated against class in America.. white males being discriminated aganist is not an institutional problem.

However, it does happen and when it does there are zero protections...and I think this is creating the false narrative in question..

Because of the way it is legally worded or interpreted. The only classes that have any discriminatory protections are non-white races, women, old people and the various religions.

Do you even read the history of this country?

List of Jim Crow law examples by state

None of these say "white males" must sit at the back of the bus.

"It shall be unlawful to conduct a restaurant or other place for the serving of food in the city, at which white and colored people are served in the same room, unless such white and colored persons are effectually separated by a solid partition extending from the floor upward to a distance of seven feet or higher, and unless a separate entrance from the street is provided for each compartment."

edit on 31-10-2017 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Did you miss the part where I said it was not an institutional problem??? That any legit cases are isolated incidents???

What point are you making??

“Since he killed 12 people, I shouldn’t go to jail cause I only murdered 2 people!! See 12 is worse that 2 right???”

Are you seriously saying that no white human being has ever been discriminated against???

Do you think it breaks the laws of physics?? Because everything that doesn’t likely happens somewhere.

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

Wot if I just despise humans in general, the fleshtones of humans makes no difference.

You are all equally worthless in the eyes Zathathon.

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Which is why the 14th amendment should have covered everyone, not just those in the minority.

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 07:33 AM
link   

If the college says that they admit applicants based on merit, you are essentially saying in that instance that merely having black skin is of more merit than superior scholarship, and if you do your research, you will discover that actually Asians are the ones in application whose merits are discriminated against the most.

Colleges look at scholarship and test scores and assign modifiers to weight them more or less based on race. Asians and whites get negative modifiers making their test scores less important while blacks and Hispanics get positive modifiers making their test scores more important in the formula.

Why is that? How is that not assigning importance to factors based on race alone?

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Seems highly insulting to non-asians/crackers.

We deem your people to be below the bar, so here, have a few point.

How is that not racist af?

Humans eh?

War amongst yourselves.

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Then we should all have the same protections under the law since we are all equally worthless!

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Zathathon agrees with your human reasoning.

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

So is affirmative action when you think about it that way.

We recognize that you folks can never earn jobs on your own merits, so here are some legally mandated job spots you can have as consolation prizes ...

That is the backhanded way of looking at it.

The other way to see it is as a crutch which is how it has become. Those jobs are ours now and you can't take away that program because then those jobs will disappear and we're afraid they'll never come back. All I hear is people admitting they can't earn the jobs on their own, but then if I had a job to fill, I'd give to the person who could do it no matter what they looked like or who they slept with.

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

As I said it is nothing resembling an institutional problem. However, it’s not hard to imagaine a buisness where the owners are a minority who hates who’re people and chooses to mistreat them in the workplace.

The 14th amendment only covers minorities. If your white straight and male you literally have no protections from discrimination.

I think all these hack conservative sites scour the news for the RARE legit instance of discrimination against a white male. Then use that to propagandize their base.

Well should we be allowing ANYONE to be randomly discriminated against??

I would even bet dollars to donuts there used to be some benefit to whites being enshrined as the dominant race. However , now it becomes a hinderence..

I’m not saying the 14th should be lessened, but extended to include all.

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 07:46 AM
link   

First off I would like to say that no “white males “ are not the most discriminated against class in America.. white males being discriminated aganist is not an institutional problem.

However, it does happen and when it does there are zero protections...and I think this is creating the false narrative in question..

Because of the way it is legally worded or interpreted. The only classes that have any discriminatory protections are non-white races, women, old people and the various religions.

A straight white male is literally ineligible for making a discrimination claim..not because of morality or pc culture or SJW’s...

It is a legal issue..

In the rare case where you do have someone being discriminated against for being white or male. They have zero recourse. They are SOL...

This has acutely effected Mexicans as well. Because of some obscure legal issue when California joined the union. Mexicans were considered white and could not apply 14th amendment protections until a later Supreme Court decision.

I think this provides the anecdotal evidence for people to pretend it is an institutional issue..

Anyone can be discriminated against and everyone deserves those protections.

Surely 'straight white males' are protected under the same anti discrimination laws as everyone else?

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot

Not by judicial precedent.

It is widely held that the majority in the country cannot be discriminated against. As far as I am aware court cases brought about attempting to recognize that the majority can be discriminated against have not met with success. For example, there have been court cases trying to call the college admission practices of weighting admission preferences by race discriminatory.

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 07:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Not by judicial precedent.

It is widely held that the majority in the country cannot be discriminated against. As far as I am aware court cases brought about attempting to recognize that the majority can be discriminated against have not met with success. For example, there have been court cases trying to call the college admission practices of weighting admission preferences by race discriminatory.

Is there any cases to back that up?

My understanding (limited I admit) of US discrimination laws is that it specifies things you can't discriminate against (race for example), not groups you can't discriminate against.

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Is a racial mandate really that bad when it is only 13% of the total employees????

Is 87%+ really not enough white people???

I think that fact is often lost in translation..

But more importantly automation is poised to make this whole conversation irrelevant..

I think people who drive for a living make up like 30% of all employment in the US and everyone of those jobs die this decade...

Affirmative action is the least of our employment worries.

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 08:11 AM
link   

When you consider that African Americans are only 12.3% of the US population, is only 13% of total employees a bad thing? I thought the idea was to mirror the percentage in the overall population, but now you want them represented out of proportion?

Also, answer me this: What essential job qualification does race have for any position? I am sure there are some where race might be important in one way or another. A police officer liaising with a community made up a certain ethnic background would have an easier time if he or she was from that community, for example.

But if superficial characteristics are more important than the actual ability to do one's job, then why not further break it down:

Why not mandate that every place of employment have 2% of red heads in their employee base? Roughly 35% need to be obese. Only 2% need to be natural blonds, and only 2% need to have green eyes. 11% should have Irish ancestry,and 10% have to Russian.

(post by bgerbger removed for a manners violation)

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 08:51 AM
link   

The 14th amendment only covers minorities. If your white straight and male you literally have no protections from discrimination.

I’m not saying the 14th should be lessened, but extended to include all.
Where in the 14th amendment does it mention race or sex? How does this amendment not include all?

All persons born or naturalized in the United States and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Surely 'straight white males' are protected under the same anti discrimination laws as everyone else?
They are. The problem is in the interpretation and implementation of these laws and constitutional amendments.

Even after the United States created amendments to the constitution making it illegal to discriminate against or segregate those by race individual states still did it. For example, after the supreme court's ruling in Brown vs. Board of Education declaring state laws establishing separate public schools for black and white students to be unconstitutional some states still segregated blacks. The people had to sue to be able to attend these schools.

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Really?!?

I am not responding to the ridiculous difference between 12.whatever% and 13%...

You know what I meant.....

Moving on...

When you have a society mad at the end of slavery and then the end of segregation, who are refusing to hire anyone who is of African decent. Something must be done in a country that claims “all men are created equal..”

It is the age old democratic question of what to do when society wants something horrible...

Such as Hitler’s election.. or the KKK revival of the early 1900’s..

Or Athens being dupped into attacking Syracuse...

There are countless examples of the dominant faction of a society knowingly choosing to something horrible that isn’t even in their best interest.

However, there is no history of redheads being enslaved and segregated for the express purpose of keeping them as second class citizens.

You do realize that segregation was less than a life time ago and slavery is less than 2 life times ago..

We are not talking about something that is lost in the annals of history.. we are talking about something that still living people experienced...

But yes if there was a concerted effort to discriminate against redheads, then we as a society should probably take steps to fix it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join