It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Springboard of “White Male Discrimination”.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 08:11 PM
link   
First off I would like to say that no “white males “ are not the most discriminated against class in America.. white males being discriminated aganist is not an institutional problem.

However, it does happen and when it does there are zero protections...and I think this is creating the false narrative in question..

Because of the way it is legally worded or interpreted. The only classes that have any discriminatory protections are non-white races, women, old people and the various religions.

A straight white male is literally ineligible for making a discrimination claim..not because of morality or pc culture or SJW’s...

It is a legal issue..

In the rare case where you do have someone being discriminated against for being white or male. They have zero recourse. They are SOL...

This has acutely effected Mexicans as well. Because of some obscure legal issue when California joined the union. Mexicans were considered white and could not apply 14th amendment protections until a later Supreme Court decision.

I think this provides the anecdotal evidence for people to pretend it is an institutional issue..

Anyone can be discriminated against and everyone deserves those protections.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Oh cry me a river.
I thought "straight white males" were supposed to be the pinnacle of human evolution.
Tell all those SWMs to "suck it up buttercup", pull themselves up by their own bootstraps & to quit their whining.

K~(a SWM who has never felt discriminated against)

+4 more 
posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: aethertek
Oh cry me a river.
I thought "straight white males" were supposed to be the pinnacle of human evolution.
Tell all those SWMs to "suck it up buttercup", pull themselves up by their own bootstraps & to quit their whining.

K~(a SWM who has never felt discriminated against)

Wow ty. I am the pinnacle of human evolution. I never knew that. Glad you think so highly of me.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox Ok so I already know you are not on the up and up on U.S. Law. May I suggest you reread the 14th and then state laws and read between the limes. Many loopholes that actually can and are used to pretect everyone. You just need the knowhow or money. Please start doing more research. This is now the second time today I am trying to help you so you can better defend yourself against your opposition.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

Let's see what turns up with the Department of Justice's investigation into college entries based on race vs grades. If my memory serves correctly anyways.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Many people are seething today because of the Mueller indictments.

Calm down.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Alpha-male broflakes are a weird bunch, OP. Just ignore them, and occasionally make fun of them.

It's not really something to worry about. White people being discriminated against for being white is the funniest thing I've ever heard.

Now, white people being discriminated and treated poorly (by other white people) for being poor.... yeah, now we're onto something.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Hmmm, qualifiers for discrimination.......

Either it's right or it's wrong. There is a base standard that is applied equally, or not at all otherwise you're...well..discriminating.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: aethertek

You should have actually read the op before replying...

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: ksiezyc

That isn’t discrimination, unless they stop taking whit students...

You can’t sue a college for admittance discrimination against colleges when 90% of the students are white...

Arguing that “there should be no black attendees because a white applicant scored higher,” isn’t gonna fly.

Discrimination against whites would be if zero students attended that were white, even though many whites applies..

Not when a school decides they want 9% black students to better represent the community..

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: ksiezyc

Let's see what turns up with the Department of Justice's investigation into college entries based on race vs grades. If my memory serves correctly anyways.

100% a 14th Amendment violation.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Wrong.

You're wrong.

If we go by the modern interpretation of "discrimination" anything that is said that you or anyone doesn't like it's racism. If someone even flinches in a direction you don't like it's discrimination but you are also wrong on your claim that whites cannot be discriminated against and you just putting that theory forward in itself should be offensive, luckily this type of junk falls on deaf ears when it comes to my own life. I honestly roll my eyes and turn away when people use that same tired excuse when cussing out or belittling or attempting to make white men the bad guys in any situation.

Historical facts are always ignored (first black slaves were sold by black people to white people and black people. White people have been slaves across the world just as Black people, etc. etc.) When you claim that non white people can't be racist against white people you should be removed from the debate. I'm not saying it is has been as bad for white people as it has for blacks because it hasn't but in the recent months it has become a terrible time for white people, white people (that's me...I know shocker lol) have to be on edge with everything we say and do because it might offend a non-white - I've read reports of people calling racism over clothing, over the length of lines. It's ridiculous.

I could go on but more than likely this comment will probably be removed.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 09:13 PM
link   
To say SWM can't be discriminated against is a discriminating statement within itself.

They can be just like everyone else can be. The one's that discriminate against anyone are POS.

But that is life. Things change all the time.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Discrimintion would be if they chose someone because of their race rather than because of their grades...

Not sure you really get what the term means...
edit on 30-10-2017 by ksiezyc because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Some people want to end exploitation, some people just want to be the ones doing the exploiting.

The people saying "suck it up whitey" fall into the latter category.
edit on 30-10-2017 by abe froman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 09:47 PM
link   

However, it does happen and when it does there are zero protections

So what? Suck it up. Be a man and deal with it. Don't be like those other weak losers that need the government to write laws for their protection. We don't need any more laws. Learn to protect yourself both physically and mentally.

edit on 30-10-2017 by scraedtosleep because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-10-2017 by scraedtosleep because: spelling errors

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 11:19 PM
link   

However, it does happen and when it does there are zero protections...and I think this is creating the false narrative in question..

Because of the way it is legally worded or interpreted. The only classes that have any discriminatory protections are non-white races, women, old people and the various religions.

A straight white male is literally ineligible for making a discrimination claim..not because of morality or pc culture or SJW’s...

It is a legal issue..
Discrimination does not exclude any class of people. Don't be fooled by the false term anti-discrimination. If you are discriminated against because of your race or sex then you have the same recourse as everyone else does. The problem is that it is most often difficult to prove and more trouble than it's worth.

edit on 10/30/2017 by Devino because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 11:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Dwoodward85

white people (that's me...I know shocker lol) have to be on edge with everything we say and do because it might offend a non-white
If I may make a suggestion. Don't be on edge, work smarter not harder.

It's good to be empathetic to others around you. It will help create more friends and make things much easier and funner for you.

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Scientifically the use of race is typically only useful in some biomedical applications, like screening for sickle-cell in the black population. Outside of some pretty specific circumstances, race as a system to classify human beings, has no other useful scientific basis. There is no scientific support for the separation of the races. Modern genetics has established a generally homogeneous genetic structure with little demarcation with respect to long periods of geographical separation for humans.

Such generalized studies and specific genetic surveys have repeatedly established these facts. I think its time for society to start catching up with science on this.

Reference:
Genetic variation, classification and 'race' (Nature Genetics)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join