It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Air Force Pilot/Spy Story

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Was this guy ever married?

If he wasn't, you can rule out the SR-71 / A-12 programs. Being married was a requirement. I believe it may have been for the U-2 as well.

edit on 10/31/2017 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
Was this guy ever married?

If he wasn't, you can rule out the SR-71 / A-12 programs. Being married was a requirement. I believe it may have been for the U-2 as well.

Good information. I will have to ask my mom. If I remember correctly he was but I cant say for sure

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 07:58 AM
link   
If you can get a death cert. it might reveal some useful information that could lead to you obtaining military records. Access to death certs vary from state to state.

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Good morning everyone.

Sorry I haven't responded in a few days. We are at our busiest time of the year at work so I haven't had much free time.

I did print off the Standard Form 180 today and plan to send it in and see what I can get back from his service records.

I did speak to my dad this weekend about it and got a few more tid bits of information.

I was incorrect about him being in the Airforce. Turns out he was in the Navy.

My dad thinks the crash took place in the mid to late 60's. This would place it after the Gary Powers incident and would explain why it would have been kept super hush hush. After already having 1 spy pilot shot down and captured, the US government would definitely not want to have another on their hands after the "agreement" they would no longer fly spy planes over Russia.

We believe he would have retired in the late 60's or early 70's. The reason for this is that my dad bought a boat from him before he passed away. The boat was a 1972 and Blaine stated that he bought the boat after he retired from service.

I will keep updating as I get more information.

edit on 20-11-2017 by infectious208 because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-11-2017 by infectious208 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join