It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

predator weapons??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 04:44 PM
link   
so any of u have a take on when the world or how the predator nets work in avp??? for you tht havnt seen it its a net the predator fires out of a wrist rockettype machine and the net has for "pegs" at the corners that carry the object to the wall then the net (ok i dont know if its the right word) contracts and the net goes into the pegs. these little maybe 3 inch pegs. well anyway it is so powerful it crush's the guns and human bone(i know human bone isnt the strongest thing known to man but its still pretty tough) any ideas?

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Is this about a computer game? If so it belongs in BTS.

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 04:54 PM
link   
It is from a movie but it is also in a computer game.

Basically, they have a small wrist cannon. About 5inches wide, 10inches long and 3inches deep. (That'd keep the ladies happy.) Now, when fired it shoots out a net hoping to ensnare the victim.

The net is propelled so fast it can carry the victim/knock them down. On the end of the net, in the four corners are spikes. These spikes are intended to hit into the ground or a wall. Upon impact they 'spread out' as to help hold the person in place.

(Spread out as in, it starts as one small spike and then seperated into many.)

That's how it works. From what I remember. (Trying to find a video or picture.)

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Either way, this forum is meant for real-life weaponry not pure fiction.

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 08:43 PM
link   

It's not fiction. Net's have been used as weapons since Roman times, it is logical that they could be fired from a gun. A good way to detain a suspect. Isn't it?

Now, djohnsto77, not sure what world you're in. But 'Net Guns' are not pure fiction. I just worry about the day you see a plane for the first time. j/k

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 11:18 PM
link   
ya but its also not on the bts cause i was askin if it could be made "nonfiction"and u fogot about the crushing oart man thast the wierdest how a spike about this long > < can contract a huge net with the power to crush steel

[edit on 11-2-2005 by hitman132436]

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 08:12 AM
link   
I can't see it being fired enough to pin people down, but it could have exceptionally strong magnets on each of the corners. Once it was fired, it'd hit the target, wrap around and the magnets would hold it in place?

In my mind that'd work.

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 08:08 PM
link   
the other guy's right, this is a sorta BTS kinda thing.

in either case...

i've seen some nets work, but a lot of the time they get snared viciously struggling in the net, making it worse for themselves. Kinda like a chinese finger puppet. more you pull, the tighter it gets.

top topics

join