It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Special Forces Equipment.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 04:40 PM
link   
O.K. you're working for any government in the world, you have a decent budget to equip a special forces team to go into a land enviroment to attack a rebal complex. (I'll try and make a map for you guys. Say 4buildings, two trucks and roughly 20 people.)
(South America - Amazon - 'Terrorists'.)

You have a team of up to 10 men.

1) What equipment would you give them?
2) Why this equipment?
(Equipment means everything, weapons, clothing, addons, etc, etc.)

You have full run to give them whatever weapons you desire. but these weapons must of been field tested and in operation now or the past.
(Not future technology)

Have fun
(No bad mouthing one another, please.)

[edit on 11-2-2005 by Odium]

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Well, it would go like this
1.) Navy Seal to gather information
2.) Terminator in my front line to scare away enemys
3.) Rambo with his Machine gun to mowe down people behind terminator
4.) Spiderman to wrap up all the bad guys and use his spidy senses
5.) Prof. Xavier to see where all the guys are that are hiding
6.) Captain America to piss off the foreigners
7.) Batman to conduct my night operations
8.) Robin to chill with Batman
9.) The Hulk to smash all the buildings
10.) God just incase all the other Special Forces die, he will kill the enemy.

Yah, I know its supose to be the miltary, but I was bored.

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I'll play along, war gaming is a fun hobby at times. First off, is there a set time to start the assault or any other time considerations. Any friendlies in the area such as hostages, villages, etc. Also is there any explosives invovled such as contraband Stingers or Exocet missiles or other things that need to be disposed of on-site? Also what of weather conditions? clear, stormy, cold, snow?

Based on wha info has been given so far I wouldnt even consider a mission plan without getting some kind of visual information such as a pass by a KH or Lacross satellite, or some other air recon.

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Wish my thread in chat , thats the same, got two posts

But I'll join in!

loud and unstealthy

5 SBS and 5 SAS members, 2 rigid radiers, two M107CQ barret sniper rifles.
8 G36K two with grenade launchers. 2 PDW MP7's , 8 USP tacitcals.
200 rounds of each weapon each.

Sneaky, stealty squirrel style.

5 SBS and 5 SAS , 5 canoes/kayacks ,2 Knight's Armament SR-25 sniper rifles, 6MP5's and 2 SOCOM M4A1s wih SOPMOD M4 kit.

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp
Wish my thread in chat , thats the same, got two posts

But I'll join in!

loud and unstealthy

5 SBS and 5 SAS members, 2 rigid radiers, two M107CQ barret sniper rifles.
8 G36K two with grenade launchers. 2 PDW MP7's , 8 USP tacitcals.
200 rounds of each weapon each.

Sneaky, stealty squirrel style.

5 SBS and 5 SAS , 5 canoes/kayacks ,2 Knight's Armament SR-25 sniper rifles, 6MP5's and 2 SOCOM M4A1s wih SOPMOD M4 kit.

You wouldn`t want five SBS as the five SAS would just after the op began shoot the SBS guys and have Five more SAS guys HALO in thus preventing the SBS causing a cluster fuc up.

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Ok...equipment...

2 Snipers : Heckler & Koch PSG 1,to gun down fleeing people.

2 M4A1 SOCOM , With a M203 if really needed

3 MP5K, Fit with suppresor kit

1 Benelli XM1014/M4 Street Sweeper

2 Light Machine Gunners, Sig 552 Commando, For desprate situations

Pistols

All units carry 1 H&K Socom Mk23 for backup.

Unform

Yes,Rainbow Six,I know,but a nice camo anyway.

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Sorry about the delay, power cuts.

Bottom left corner, there's a black circle that is where the base is:

There's two boats, one with a RPK-74 on the front of it.

The buildings look like this:

It is suspected that they're holding hostages. There's also fenced livestock:

I so can't use paint. =P

The water always has two guards on it, watching the boats. The trees are thick, to the point it is hard to see more than 5feet a head of you. It has small trip wires, surrounding it on all but two sides. (Path way in/dirty track road and path to the river.)

They're armed with:

(Damn those Liberal French)

As well as several grenades, one of them has a grenade launcher. (Small handheld one, get an image ASAP for it.) Generic jungle camo. Also a truck with possible weapons in. (You can't see what's inside it.)

It is possible inside the buildings they have people or explosives. You've not been fully briefed on what to expect. (Can't trust the CIA or MI5.)

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Split the 10 men up into two five-man teams. Since South America is the intended theater of operations, I would avoid arming them with any american made weapons such as the M4 due to their notrious dislike of warm and moist climate. HK UMPs or G36C with suppressors would be primary weapons, secondary would be any silenced pistol that could deal with tropical climate. One medic per team, and one EOD per team. Latest and greatest coms packages, probably from Motorola (note to have multiple pairs of spare batteries). NV units for use only if moon is obscured by cloudcover. Tiger-stripe cammo and light body armor, smoke, WP and flashbangs for entry if necessary.

An early morning (like 2 to 4am) assault would be my choice to catch them during prime sleeping times and possibly take advantage of a sleeping sentry. Approach from the river slowly until guards can be located and neutralized. From that point send out two recons to determine the contents and priority of each building. Hit the most important places first and secure any friendlies or explosives. Primary objective would be securing any explosives/friendlies, Secondary to secure any vehicles preventing escape by targets.

Thats about the best I can think up at the moment, and of course Mr Murphey will try his best to screw the plan all up. Depending on what is found after the area is secure it might be desireable to use any unexpended explosives to blow weapons caches, drug production equipment, etc.

[edit on 11-2-2005 by alternateheaven]

[edit on 11-2-2005 by alternateheaven]

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by weirdo
You wouldn`t want five SBS as the five SAS would just after the op began shoot the SBS guys and have Five more SAS guys HALO in thus preventing the SBS causing a cluster fuc up.

Yeah, SAS are really good at the FF thing aint they?
What exsactly is a cluster up?

[edit on 11-2-2005 by devilwasp]

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Operation should be held at around 3am,when most people are sleeping.

Split 10 men into 5 men each group. One group enter from opposite side of river,other team snipes guards watching boats far away from village.

2 Snipers take north and south place,wearing jungle camo,while waiting.

8 remaining men split into 4 groups.

Assault the rooms simultaniously,throw in a flashbang before entering,movement must be quick to prevent hostage casualties.

With those types of houses,take a peek from below,and know what to expect before going in.

Equipment will be MP5Ks for everyone,PSG1s for Snipers and 2 Sig-552s.

[edit on 11/2/05 by W4rl0rD]

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 02:13 AM
link   
What is the point of sending in a Special Forces team to attack.Your scenario dosn`t mention hostages or capture for intel.

Best cause of action limited casualties inbaressment etc etc.Set up cruise strike only needs obs team two max.

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Just MOAB the compound if no hostages. If not, i'd send in people with M-8s, with M-320 grenade launchers, and G-36's. Heavy weapons, M-60A3, (A1 good in nam, pretty much same conditions, tell me if im wrong) Snipers with PSG-1 and L-96A moderated silenced sniper rifles. and a team with the weapons of the rebels (just to throw them off)

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 10:38 AM
link   
i would send in a a-10 strike and keep hammering them with it since u mention no anti-air / just incase there is somehow antiair when our recon flight came by and missed it i would get 3 barret m82a1 rifles and hammer them from the west then i would get the rest with old muskets to fire on them then if some how they survive the musket birrage i would have my team whip out the grands thne if once again somehow they survived i would get rpg's hit the Anti-air then bail out to let the a-10 come in
GO A-10

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I would assemble the 10 man team into two smaller groups. I would set up a scout squad to disable the sentries. This squad would consist of 2 snipers using the SR-25 silenced sniper system, two men with silenced M4s, and one M82 to blow up the vehicles.

The 2nd squad would be used for the actual breach of the complex. The group would consist of 2 M4-203 men, one man equipped with a Remington 870 tactical shotgun, and 2 men equipped with M249s for support.

The first group would silently knock off the combatants gaurding the perimeter and the boat patrols. Next I would assemble the SR-25 guys into sniper positions overlooking opposite ends of the camp.

The 2nd squad would make a dashing assault om the encampment and clear out buildings, while the sniper with the M82 would destroy the vehicles. The snipers would take care of popup targets/fleeing enemies.

There is no objective so beyond that .....

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I would siege them. Keep them for getting any reinforcements for a day. I would post snipers equipped with the Gepard M6 destroyer rifle on the most likely ways vehicles may come. Then there would be a heavy machine gun to keep them in there. The assault team would be 5 men for each building. All but one will be equipped with G36 with supressor the other guy in the team would have a BAR no seriously a M249. one Sniper and grenadier will support each team. The sniper would be a Acog Famas and the grenadier a AK74 GP 30. There will also be 2 soldiers with a light anti tank weapon and a mortar team just in case.

SKD

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I'd go with 4 SBS guys coming from the river to cause a diversion, while 6 SASR guys assault the camp from the south using suppressed firearms. They will encounter less resistance, be able to get in and rescue the hostages, and place charges to demolish the structures.

One of the SASR guys would be detached from the main group to give live 'recon' to the other team members.

The SBS guys would not have suppressed weapons, would run in and hit them, then draw back into the jungle. They would escape towards the river, meet up with the SASR team to the south east and all run away in boats

This assumes a support camp is close by.

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 06:49 PM
link   

It doesn't seem that imageshack likes my copy of that map, so I'll just describe how it goes down. Also forgive me if I get weapon designations wrong, I'm not really what you'd call a "gear queer".

Since the scenario does not provide recon information I will designate the results of recon as I see fit. Buildings are numbered left to right, top to bottom, differences in allignment are ignored so the illustration is seen as a top row of 2 and a bottom row of 3.
Building 1 appears to be a "ready room" for supernumerary guards. UAV recon observes guards have been entering and exiting the hut at 6 hour intervals in groups of 5. The guard rotation appears to be based on teams of 5 operating in 12 hour posts, 6 hours in the ready room, and 6 hours off.
Building 2 has also been frequented by the guards and is probably a sleeping quarters.
Building 3: No activity has been observed here.
Building 4: Is believed to be used as a headquarters for a few leaders and non-military personel observed in the camp.
Building 5: Is under constant guard. It's use is unclear but it may be a stockade or armory.
The Northern buildings have enterances oriented South and windows oriented North.
The enterance of the centeral building is oriented West with windows on all sides. The two other Southern buildings have been unlit and no one has entered them, UAVs are uncertain of their enterances.

10 man team moves up river in indigenous craft, posing as locals. Enters the trees by the riverbank. The op is conducted under cover of dark. Red team heads North, Gold team hads South through the trees.

Red-1 consists of 3 Navy Seals armed with an M40A1 sniper rifle, M16A2 with M-203, and M-249 SAW respectively. They take up a position looking down the corridor betwen buildings 4 and 2, from which they will engage guards emerging from building 2 and eliminate the guard at building 5.

Red-2 consists of 2 Navy Seals, armed with an M-240G Machine Gun and M16A2 with M-203 respectively, as well as a SMAW (bazooka) with 2 rounds. They take up a position in the trees West of building 1 from which they will destroy building 1 with the SMAW and lay down supressing fire in support of Gold team.

Gold team consists of 5 Recon Marines, 2 armed with M249 SAWs. 3 armed with M-4A1s with M203s. Gold team will emerge from the treeline behind building 3 and clear that building before passing South of Building 3 and entering the camp. They will move South of Building 4 after clearing the West side of the camp and with the support of Red 1 will finish off the guard force before entering investigating building 5 and clearing building 3 as well as retrieving any intelligence from that Building 3.

[edit on 12-2-2005 by The Vagabond]

new topics

top topics

join