It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kevin Spacey and abuse and #MeToo

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Hurts my heart. I knew he was gay of course (why else would anybody go out on dates with Ashley Banfield?)
But no idea he was into young boys. Shocking.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
a reply to: FissionSurplus

Well said! I think you're right about why he came out at this time (although everybody knew it already).

Now if you overly criticize him, he and his sympathizers can call you 'homophobe'. That ought to shut 'ya up.

Calling people "isms" and "phobes" are surefire ways to shush the conversation.

Yeah. That may work on people who are afraid to be non-PC, but it doesn't work on me. It's been known that he's been gay for a long time, it's no secret. His official 'coming out' party is to deflect from his predilection for forcing himself on under-aged boys. When it comes to pedophiles, I am most definitely phobic.

Working in mental health and seeing how many children attempt suicide from the shame of being molested and raped is enough to make a person a dyed-in-the-wool pedophobe for life. It is not a victimless crime, and the way it is being normalized and excused in our society right now makes my blood boil. This is going to backfire on those weirdos, I guarantee it.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnsSon
lol 😁 I enjoy giving my grieviences to you.

It's cool, you're not the first person on this site who was obsessed with me, probably wont be the last either.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Many gays and other gender bender types seem to quite pissed at Spacey. He could have said he is bisexual, since he's been with women and men.. But he said "i have chosen to live as a gay man."

The LGbtqzzz comunity have tried to convince the mainstream for years that it is not a choice. If you're bisexual, sure, but wasty spacey didn't say that.

I hope these perverts keep getting outed and their victims sue them till they're broke and/or in jail.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

thanks you make me smile, i hope i do the same for you lol

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 03:59 PM
link   

thanks you make me smile, i hope i do the same for you lol

I like slapstick, catch a pie in the face and you might get a slight grin.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

lol 😁 I enjoy giving my grieviences to you.

It's cool, you're not the first person on this site who was obsessed with me, probably wont be the last either.

He’s a Freemason groupie

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
Legalities be damned. Any adult that thinks a fourteen year old is capable of a mature sexual relationship, has a screw loose.

Who said they thought they were capable of a mature sexual relationship?

Besides, what makes a person magically capable of a mature sexual relationship at 16?

Gray areas are gray.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I'm on the fence with this one, and before folks jump me, let me explain why. 1st I think rape and sexual assault is a very serious offence and it has effected people very close to me, so in no way am I trying to excuse that behavior at all ! Rape is a violent crime, generally more about power then anything.

When this occurred KS was not famous, he was a stage actor, this party was apparently some sort of cast party at KS's apartment, the kid was at the party because he was a cast member in the same play. Now here's the thing that kinda hangs me up having been a pretty precocious 14 yr. old myself, we sneaked out every chance we could to go hang out with older kids and go to parties we probably had no business being at to begin with, but we believed we where mature enough at the time.

Did every man we ever fended off unwanted sexual advances from sexually assault us ? I sincerely had to think about that after the whole " Me Too " thing started. I don't think I'm traumatized in anyway about it, and I'm pretty sure most of those guys that were in their early 20's hitting on teenage girl's turned out to be decent men who now tell their daughters not to sneak out and put themselves in dumb situations ! In KS's case he liked guys instead of girl's. So the question is a drunk horny kid, and under 25yr is a kid in my mind, that hit's on a teenager a pervert ?

edit on 30-10-2017 by MountainLaurel because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

its cause of his great name..... take it you dont have many fans?

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: MountainLaurel

When this occurred KS was not famous, he was a stage actor...

Why is that even relevant?

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

When this occurred KS was not famous, he was a stage actor...

Why is that even relevant?

Because a big part of all these recent Hollywood scandals has been that powerful men used their power to coheres and threaten their victims into submission.

KS and this kid were basically peers at the time, and apparently KS did end up respecting the "NO means NO" rule when the kid wasn't interested. I think I read that the kid says he was in KS's bedroom laying on his bed, when drunk KS came in and made an advance on him, maybe in a drunken state KS thought that was an invitation of some sort, IDK ? If it had been a teenage girl, laying on the bed of a drunk 20yr. host, and the host hits on her, is he a sexual predator, I'm not so sure ?
edit on 30-10-2017 by MountainLaurel because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting
But no idea he was into young boys. Shocking.

Really? When it comes to the rich, famous, and powerful in Hollywood and DC, I'm shocked when they aren't pedo pervs.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Because a big part of all these recent Hollywood scandals has been that powerful men used their power to coheres and threaten their victims into submission.

A 26 year old man trying to have sexual relations with a 14 year old boy is a power situation.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   

ok, I just read he was 26, I thought he was early 20's when this happened, IDK...maybe he is just another freak...like I said, the reason I was even willing to give him the benefit of the doubt is because it was so common for guys in their 20's to hit on teenage girl's in the 1980's when I was a teenager and when this occurred, it makes me wonder if all those men were sexual predators ?

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 06:07 PM
link   

I notice people that try to put a spin on stuff like this will tend to inch things up or down a notch or two to make it seem less predatory. 14 to 26 is a huuuge difference at that age....30 and 42, not so much.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 06:09 PM
link   
This is being discussed in a thread from last night
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion in the above linked thread.
Thanks

**Thread Closed**

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join