It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kevin Spacey and abuse and #MeToo

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

To be perfectly honest, I blacked the memory out, and didn't remember it for years.

Now, *yes*, I would kill anyone who did something like this to my own children. That is my emotional reaction. On a rational level, we have to uphold the law and treat everyone the same.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Almost as bad as his molestation attempt is his current manipulation by claiming his 'special' status.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: FHomerK

What I read was that both were acting on Broadway at the time. Rapp was 14 but already a Broadway veteran from an earlier age. From what I read Spacey was having a party and invited Rapp. Who knows how Rapp, if he even did, represented this to his parents. For all we know, he came with other actors from the play he was in as a group. We just do not know.

He got bored and retreated to a bed room alone and in came Spacey drunk. Spacey, according to Rapp picked him up and put him on the bed and tried to seduce him, which he disentangled himself and left. And who is to say, since it was Spacey giving the party as stated by Rapp, that the party was not at Spacey's place. Not a mansion of a rich Hollywood star but rather a smaller place afforded by a broadway actor 30 years ago. How many bedrooms might there have been. Is it possible that there was only one bedroom and that one was Spaceys' and he just came into his own bed room and found Rapp there? And to a drunken person, how would that look, like the person in his bedroom was there just waiting for him?

We do not know any of that or the contexts surrounding the whole event other than Rapps account 30 years later.

Which brings up this point. As Rapp has said he has never held this against Spacey, why now, 30 years later does he bring it up for the media.

Again I do not know and I think neither do others. But what we find is a whole lot of rush to judgment.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 01:05 PM
link   
30 years ago he got drunk and was sexually inappropriate with a 14 year old.

He has shown remorse.

Has to be given some credit for that.

Its difficult however, if he had gone through with it, if this kid hadn't told him to back off then he would be straight to jail and quite rightly, yet the only reason we are not having that conversation is because for whatever reason it never went too far.

I don't know how I feel about this.

I think that if this is just a once off, drunken mistake then fair enough, he has shown remorse and seems genuinely upset about the whole thing then I can let it go.

If however more of these allegations come forword and they can be proven it becomes much more difficult.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: norhoc

You support a guy who tried to rape a 14 year old boy? The other thing noone is asking is why was a 14 year old boy at a party with adults alone?

Herebis how that converstion should have went down:

Kid: mom, dad Kevin Spacey invited me to party can I go ?

Parent: Sure we are going with you

Kid: Kevin Spacey said only me

Parents: Then no you can’t go

Problem averted

From what I have read, he is accused of inappropriate touching and contact rather than rape. It may be a small distinction to you but probably a very important one to his victims!

Not that it excuses his behaviour in any way. His statement also smacks of him fully expecting further allegations. Aside from that, it is extremely strange behaviour to then come out as gay in the same statement.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Which brings up this point. As Rapp has said he has never held this against Spacey, why now, 30 years later does he bring it up for the media.

Yep...something is up.

For weeks now, sexual abuse and misconduct from years and years ago has become a huge issue.

Yep...something is blowin' in the wind.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Is being drunk a mitigating factor in the attempted sexual assault of a minor?

Does this work for men attempting to rape/sexually assault a women?

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Is being drunk a mitigating factor in the attempted sexual assault of a minor?

Does this work for men attempting to rape/sexually assault a women?

God no!

I am not trying to excuse him.

What he done was wrong.

However it was also 30 years ago and the details are not clear other than that no actual sex took place.

I expect that other accusations may come forward and I think where it is appropriate he should be punished.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 01:35 PM
link   

To be perfectly honest, I blacked the memory out, and didn't remember it for years.

Then I would say you were traumatized by it, because a little kid being sexually abused by a teenager of the same sex would be something you would probably need to tell your parents immediately.

Did you ever discuss it later with your parents? If so, what was their reaction? If I'm getting too personal, just say so, but pedophilia is a disgusting scourge and it DOES anger some. Why people even give this kind of behavior a modicum of a pass is beyond me!

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   

To the OP, I dont have the skillset or knowledge of what to say to someone in your position, I hope you have/will recieve any help you seek

BUT as for the 2nd topic of your OP, MR Spacey, its just wrong on so many levels, to try and somehow spin any accusation made against him and time it with the release of him coming out, is really quite twisted and done in some vain hope that he manages to get another film deal.

I think we have all heard the phrase vote with your wallet, ie dont see another one of his movies

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Don't care if he's gay.

Attempted rape of a teen? Scumbag.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

You're funny

Always have been.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

I have a question. Did your parents know, at the time they left you in this teen's care, that he was gay? What did they know about him, or THINK they knew about him? Was he a neighbor, a relative, or just a hired-off-an-ad individual?

He was a neighbor, and his mother would watch us during the summers. That is all I remember.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Denoli

It's people like you that give me no hope for the human race.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Holy christ on a cracker..... someone GETS my damned point.

Thank you, TerryMcGuire, thank you.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   
You dont attempt to sleep with children period. I dont care if he apologized takes an evil person to do that.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

With all due respect, why are you attempting to armchair analyze me?

Are you a psychologist? Even if you are....why are you bringing this sort of intimate questioning up in a public forum?

I shared my experience to sat that YES, this sort of thing does happen. I know perfectly well that I was traumatized by it, and I have taken the steps necessary to deal with it.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 02:27 PM
link   
The Americans in this discussion apparently love their freedom and the right to be innocent before proven guilty, but not when they sit in judgment from afar over issues they do not understand the context of and where there is nothing better than he-said she-said allegations.

And this concludes my involvement in this discussion.

Oh, and SPECIAL love for the few of you who suggested I might be a gay pedophile myself. Sleep tight, you wonderful specimens of moral high ground, sleep tight. Not to mention even more specialness for the "human" that suggested I'd have felt the same were it my five year old child.

Oh, and mods.... if you're reading this..... why in the world would you not have words with the person who claimed I would be ok with my five year old being molested..... let alone removed the users comment?

Yeah, wow. Just wow.

Ciao.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

originally posted by: Kali74
Fourteen years old is a child.

Around the world the age of consent goes from 11 to 21. Obviously there is a wide gray area. Even in the US it is 16 in many states.

Legalities be damned. Any adult that thinks a fourteen year old is capable of a mature sexual relationship, has a screw loose.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   
And legalities be damned that you feel it is PERFECTLY ok to accuse someone of rape with zero actual proof and call it criminal.

Let me guess, you've got tar and feathers and nooses ready.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join