It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Manafort Indictment perhaps shows some Russian collusion

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Wayfarer

Strange. I am making theads and discussing possible russian influence on all sides.

You are ignoring evidence from one side and want to only focus on the other.

So what are you accusing me of again?

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Throes

I'm not arguing that the MSM isn't focusing on Trump to the exclusion of other folks responsible (merely that Trump is the most important story as it relates to the country right now - ie. Hillary lost, she isn't president). The second half of your response is where we're in agreeance. I just wanted to call attention to the fact that Grambler isn't some paragon of insight (he's acting primarily as a parrot of conservative news). We should be united in our pursuit of ridding our country of Russian stooges. We should be focused on the highest aspects of governance first as that is the most critical to the timeline, but vigilant in going after all actors who hold some responsibility (whichever party that come from). If Grambler cared about a non-partisan message it should have been easy/apparent to imply that this mess is wrapped up in all aspects of our governance right now, all parties, and seemingly linked to the highest (and arguably) most important office in the land.

Most of my democratic associates agree that all folks found responsible should be punished (including Hillary if it gets all the way to her), so I'm failing to see a disconnect when folks here at ATS claim that liberals are rallying behind their own party to the exclusion of truth.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
a reply to: Wayfarer

Strange. I am making theads and discussing possible russian influence on all sides.

You are ignoring evidence from one side and want to only focus on the other.

So what are you accusing me of again?

You are making conservatively biased threads and are refuting the importance of Russian influence as it pertains to Trump in lieu of focusing your message on how this all goes back to Hillary. Once again the 'spin' of your messaging is apparent even when you are trying to explain yourself.

Again, i'm not ignoring any evidence, I'm calling to light for all to see your agenda of painting this as a 'Hillary is the target' issue (which it most certainty is not).

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 11:22 AM
link   
The Manafort indictment goes back many years.

A lot of people have probably had contact with him.

If I was one of them and I had done shady stuff.... I wouldn't be sleeping very well right now.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I will be interested in watching Tucker tonight.

So far, this indictment jives exxactly with what his insider told him.

The fact that so many want to ignore that the indictment mentioning the russia peddling of company A and B, one of which is most likely the Podesta group, is telling.

If one of these comapnies was a Trump company, all of the sudden they would be bloewing up saying "This is it; proof of Trump russian collusion!"

But for now, they ignore it.

Apparently only parts of Muellers investigation are worth looking at.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Group A is Podesta Group.

Group B is Mercury.

The AP obtained emails showing that Manafort and his deputy, Rick Gates, directed the work of the Podesta Group and another lobbying firm, Mercury.

www.politico.com...

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Uh Oh.

Democratic power lobbyist Tony Podesta, founder of the Podesta Group, is stepping down from the firm that bears his name after coming under investigation by special counsel Robert Mueller.

Podesta announced his decision during a firm-wide meeting Monday morning and is alerting clients of his impending departure.

www.politico.com...

But nothing to see here, right?

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

The dates are what matter--the whole concern about "Russian Collusion" was that it was happening during and explicitly to undermine or affect the presidential election in one way or another. That must be reiterated: The Russian-Collusion narrative is concerning Trump's campaign and Russia's possible influence on our election.

This does not meet that at all, by ANY stretch of the imagination.

Obviously Manafort was neck-deep in illegal doings, but again, this is not a reflection, at all, on Trump (at least not at this point).

And I'm not saying that it never will be, but this still is a bunch of nothing as it pertains specifically to the Trump-Russia Collusion narrative and concerns.

That said, it's absolutely looking much more likely that this will come back on someone other than Trump, and Podesta certainly appears to have his hat in the ring for those honors.

But would that really even surprise anyone? I mean, all of the political sides and labels are all just BS anyhow--in the end, everyone in D.C. is out to benefit themselves, generally by any means necessary. If Podesta and Manafort were working together, that wouldn't shock me one bit.

Actually, it would shock me if they weren't, to be honest.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

Think of the implications though.

We had one of the most powerful democratic lobby groups working secretly for the russians. They were instrumental in having people like doug adams appointed to positions in the government to hellp make foreign policy and who probably had a security clearance.

Think of the last year of the dems screaming about how evil the russians are.

And now we find out more than likely they had their tentaclees all the way to reach people in washington and the Secrtary of state Hillary clinton.

Then look at all of the other shade from Hillary involving Russia. Foundation getting millions, Bill personally meeting putin off of the books and getting half a mil, the urnaium one deal going through.

How deep does this go?

This is mindblowing.

It seems like today, the conspiracy theorists of Above Top secret are more in tune with reality than all of the doubters.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Meanwhile I watched almost all of the wh press breifing.

Not one question about Company A or B.

They have no interests in who manafort worked with to peddle russian influence.

Just that years later he worked with Trump, thats all that matters.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Oh yeah, I get all of that, for sure. I was just talking to a co-worker about how this almost feels like the start of the decline (not the ruin) of the deep state, at least a branch of it.

But I'm far too much of a realist to sit here and say that it absolutely IS the start of the decline, and I deal with federal trials as my day job, so I fully know too well how well-investigated and well-written indictments can end up dead in the water by the time trial starts approaching.

I'm hopeful that this is the catalyst of a true swamp draining--on both/all sides of the aisle--but I'm very reserved in my hopes.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Hey was this source reading my thread.

From 2006 to 2014, Manafort and Richard Gates “engaged in a multi-million dollar lobbying campaign in the United States at the direction of [former Ukrainian President Victor] Yanukovych, the Party of Regions, and the government of Ukraine,” according to the indictment. The Party of Regions is a pro-Russia Ukrainian political party whose leader, Yanukovych, served as president from 2010 to 2014.

Manafort and Gates chose two companies, identified as Company A and Company B in the indictment, to lobby on behalf of the European Centre for a Modern Ukraine, a European nonprofit that officials say was created as a mouthpiece for the Party of Regions. Previous news reports have indicated that the two companies are the Podesta Group and Mercury LLC.

The head of the Podesta Group, Tony Podesta, resigned from the group on Monday amid increasing attention from special counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation into Russian influence operations. Tony’s brother, John Podesta, served as Hillary Clinton’s campaign chair during the 2016 election.

The two companies were aware that they were lobbying on behalf of the Ukrainian government and worked with Manafort to conceal their foreign lobbying activities from the public, according to the indictment.

dailycaller.com...

Only a few hours after me, not too bad.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Corey Lewandowski says the FBI should’ve notified Trump about Paul Manafort

If the FBI knew that Manafort was a Ukrainian money launderer in 2014... why didn't they tell Trump?

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Oh look at that, I was right about who companies a and b were.

The lobbying firms the Podesta Group and Mercury Public Affairs are the unnamed companies in the grand jury indictment of former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort and his deputy, Rick Gates, according to three sources with knowledge of the investigation.

The indictment, unsealed Monday, refers to "Company A" and "Company B" as the firms Manafort and Gates solicited in 2012 to lobby on behalf of the Ukranian government. Company A is Mercury Public Affairs and Company B is the Podesta Group, the sources said.

www.nbcnews.com...

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 05:31 PM
link   
As I have stated , this entire Trump-Russia "collusion" investigation may have been a ruse. Ever watch baseball ? With a runner on first the pitcher will look like he is throwing a pitch . Then suddenly turn and fire to first base in an attempt to pick off the runner.
The ultimate in deflection . Oldest detective trick in the book. Keeps the perps feeling all warm and cozy inside. Till the handcuffs are on.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit

If the FBI knew that Manafort was a Ukrainian money launderer in 2014... why didn't they tell Trump?

How do you think the FBI gets the kinds of dirt that end up in the types of files Bill and Hillary were said to have never stolen a la filegate?

Remember also how often the FBI has set up terrorist threats in order to justify why they need more money to stop terrorist threats.

The FBI isn't really a law enforcement organization, it's a clearinghouse for political dirt.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit

Maybe they did (officially or unofficially).

Looks like Trump's people got the best tuna to be starkist afterall.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Oh and remember what the Podesta groups excuse was for failing to file as a foreign lobbyist?

Podesta Group filed paperwork with the Justice Department in April stating that it had done work for the European Centre for a Modern Ukraine that also benefited the same Ukrainian political party that Manafort once advised. Podesta Group said at the time it believed its client was a European think tank untethered to a political party.

www.politico.com...

Well guess what, the Manafort indictment says this is a lie.

November 2012, GATES wrote to Company A and Company B that the terms needed to prepare
an assessment of their past and prospective lobbying efforts so the President could be briefed by
Paul on what Ukraine has done well and what it can do better as we move into 2013

www.abovetopsecret.com...

They knew their work was going directly to Yanukovych.

So not only did the Podesta group fail to properly register, they lied to officials about why they did that.

Surely indictments are on the way.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 06:40 PM
link   
It's like we all said, once Trump wins the whole house of cards falls.

Get ready for the fallout because this is now a war of attrition.

May the best man (American public) win.

edit on 30-10-2017 by Jonjonj because: Add

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

Gee, you figure Trump being so crafty and smart, ten steps ahead of any mere mortal..you think he would/should of already known.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join