It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Manafort Indictment perhaps shows some Russian collusion

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 10:00 AM
link   

20. As part of the scheme, in February 2012, MANAFORT and GATES solicited two
Washington, D.C., ?rms (Company A and Company B) to lobby in the United States on behalf of
Yanukovych, the Party of Regions, and the Government of Ukraine. For instance, GATES wrote
to Company A that it would be ?representing the Government of Ukraine in [Washington,]

21. MANAFORT repeatedly communicated in person and in writing with Yanukovych, and GATES passed on directions to Company A and Company B. For instance, MANAFORT wrote
Yanukovych a memorandum dated April 8, 2012, in which he provided Yanukovych an update on
the lobbying firms? activities ?since the inception of the project a few weeks ago. It is my intention
to provide you with a weekly update moving forward.? Toward the end of that first year, in
November 2012, GATES wrote to Company A and Company that the ?rms needed to prepare
an assessment of their past and prospective lobbying efforts so the ?President? could be briefed by
?Paul? ?on what Ukraine has done well and what it can do better as we move into 2013

22. At the direction of MANAFORT and GATES, Company A and Company engaged in
extensive lobbying. Among other things, they lobbied multiple Members of Congress and their
staffs about Ukraine sanctions, the validity of Ukraine elections, and the propriety of
Yanukovych?s imprisoning his presidential rival, Yulia Tymoshenko (who had served as Ukraine
President prior to Yanukovych).

www.justice.gov...

Sure there are charges of money laundering and what have, and dont get me wrong, these are crimes that they should be punished for.

But here is the meat about collusion.

Manfort and Gates were working on behalf of the pro russian Ukranians, and was seeking to get influence for them in the US.

So they approach to firms, the indictment calls the Company A and Company B.

Who were these companies? Well we know for a fact that Manafort approached and worked with the Podesta group in 2012.

The European Centre for a Modern Ukraine was formed in 2012 by three senior members of the Party of Regions, a pro-Russia party led by President Viktor Yanukovych and advised by Manafort.

At the time, Ukraine's government faced rebuke by the Obama administration and Congress for jailing political opponents.

The center, based in Brussels, said its mission was to strengthen Ukraine's relations with the West.

The Podesta Group said in the 2012 lobbying disclosures that the center "provides information about Ukraine to governments, business and other interested parties." Podesta lobbyists were working on "issues pertaining to relations between Ukraine and the United States."

And we know that the Podesta group failed to disclose its work for a foreign agents.

One of Washington's most powerful lobbying firms did not disclose the wide extent of its lucrative political work for a Ukrainian group tied to both onetime Trump adviser Paul Manafort and to pro-Russian politicians, new records show.

The firm, the Podesta Group, said nothing in a 2012 lobbying report to Congress about at least 32 meetings, emails and other communications it had with the State Department, at a time when Secretary of State Hillary Clinton was scrutinizing Ukraine's upcoming election, records show.

www.cnn.com...

If group A or B are the Podesta group, it looks like there may well be charges against them soon. We know that Group A and B lobbied for the pro russian Ukranians just like Manafort. We know the Podestas did not properly disclose there dealings.

So if they are group A or B, which I think is very likely, this indictment shows that they knowingly lobbied for pro russsian Ukrainians, just like Manafort, and they did not disclose it.

Even if charges aren't filed, this shows that at the very least the Podesta group (if they are one of these groups) was working with manafort to push for pro russian positions.

This is the best evidence of actual russian collusion or malfeasance that we have.

Nothing in the indictment seems to connect Trump in any way. This isnt to say its not coming, but at this point its not there.

But we do have pretty good evidence that company A and B broke the law and worked for russia, and we have good evidence that one of those may be the Podesta group.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   
You are on point Grambler. Thanks for your research and connecting the dots. Manafort and Podesta and a whole lot of dirty people going down-except one big ugly top dog and her husband. I guess murder is for future history books and will be forever hidden like the CIA and JFK.
edit on 30-10-2017 by Justso because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 10:10 AM
link   
And remember this thread?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Bascially Tucker is saying that they have a source that was someone interviewed by Mueller that worked at the Podesta group. This source said Muellers investigation was gearing toward the Podesta groups contacts with Manafort, and how they were focused on helping the russians get connections to Hillary and the dems.

This is looking now like it could be true.

The insider claimed that he is tired of the media narrative on the Russia story. he said Manafort is being investigated thoroughly by Mueller, and that includes his duty in Trumps campaign.

But the focus is on what he has done for years, which is lobbying for Russia.

The insider claims Manafort was a weekly figure in the Podesta group. He was instrumental in being a direct link from the Kremlin to the group.

The podesta group then was influential in influencing Hillarys decisions towards Russia in a favorable way for the Kremlin.

The person says Tony Podesta was a regular in Hillarys office, and even got a man named Doug Adams who the Kremlin wanted to work with Hillary in order to get her to help appoint around 120 people into positions.

The insider says that there was a meeting in the group with Manafort outlining how to help russia with Uranium One. They say that manafort funneled well more than the 1 million from the kremlin allowed to the Podesta group.

He says the Mueller investigation is beginning to focus on the Podesta group and their connections to russia.

Now read the indictment from points 20 through 26.

It certainly sounds like Company A and B (which one of which is likely to be the Podesta group) is being accused of peddling Russian influence like Manafort. The indictement even mentions these companies getting millions of dollars, just as the insider claimed.

If this insider on Tucker was right, this could be a bombshell.

Now, even if true, this doesnt let trump off of the hook; he to could have been guilty of russian collusion.

And this is an anonymous source, so it is proof of nothing and could all be bogus.

But so far, the details of what this guy told tucker seem to jive with the indictment.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

I'll say it again. Your analysis and easy to understand logic is invaluable! Thank-you.

Hillary/Bill's MONEY crimes are now prosecutable. We can thank Mueller for that!

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

Bascially Tucker is saying that they have a source that was someone interviewed by Mueller that worked at the Podesta group. This source said Muellers investigation was gearing toward the Podesta groups contacts with Manafort, and how they were focused on helping the russians get connections to Hillary and the dems.

That there is some awesome denial! Yes, Donald Trump's campaign manager being indicted actually means Hillary Clinton is going to jail!

Holy crap, the forces of delusion are powerful in identity politics.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: soberbacchus

That there is some awesome denial! Yes, Donald Trump's campaign manager being indicted actually means Hillary Clinton is going to jail!

We must have the politically correct narrative!

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

I'll say it again. Your analysis and easy to understand logic is invaluable! Thank-you.

Hillary/Bill's MONEY crimes are now prosecutable. We can thank Mueller for that!

I can just hear Hillary's phone call to Bill this morning.....
"Bill?....get off the bimbo you are with and get on the horn to the lawyers and see what evidence we need to destroy now ok?.....I don't have time to call, I have a pantsuit fitting at noon"

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: soberbacchus

Should Company A and B that worked with Russia to help the get influence in the US also be charged?

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 10:31 AM
link   
this seems similar to fox news reporting of trump's former campaign head being charged.

them democrats, look at them, look at them!

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 10:31 AM
link   
You know that sound when you pull the plug on the bathtub and the water starts draining?

That is the sound I keep hearing.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Nothing...I repeat nothing would make me happier than seeing the Mueller investigation prove hillary colluded with Russia, not trump...

But Mueller was comeys mentor so my hopes are about as high as an ants ankle...

But wow that would be hilarious to watch liberals if hillary is caught up in this...

Bottom line is trump fired this idiot after a few months [preaumbly because of his ties to russia]

-Chris
edit on 30-10-2017 by Christosterone because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 10:38 AM
link   
This is especially entertaining re: the amount of mental gymnastics being performed to direct all the back to Hillary (not that I'm arguing against those colluding with Russia go unpunished - merely that we can't impeach Hillary right now so I fail to see how going after her is more critical than going after Trump this moment). I really enjoy the rationalization that because Hillary was involved with the Podesta group in some way, she needs to be locked up, but because Trump merely hired Manafort as a 'campaign manager' (which isn't a serious or involved position at all so why even mention it, amirite?) he's still not involved in anyway and this whole 'witch hunt' is a trump tower nothingburger.

I predict Grambler will continue to make these posts as Mueller keeps indicting Trump's associates and the frequency will increase to match the severity and proximity to Trump.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 10:39 AM
link   

If The Podesta Group is Company A or B...Most likely Mercury LLC/Omnicron Group is the other.
According to WL 17758...Omnicron approached Hillary Clinton Campaign in Sept. of 2012.

Mercury was taken over by Omnicron.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 10:44 AM
link   
So, all I see so far is a side issue whereby some money grabbing lobbyists, acting for Ukraine, failed to declare interests and maybe financial shenanigans ensued.
What I am still failing to see is how Russia "colluded" with anyone and put Trump in the White House. In order to make that stick they'd surely need to prove that everyone who voted for him was bribed, bought or blackmailed to do so.

All they seem to have so far are unrelated side issuws far removed from the original line of enquiry.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wayfarer
This is especially entertaining re: the amount of mental gymnastics being performed to direct all the back to Hillary (not that I'm arguing against those colluding with Russia go unpunished - merely that we can't impeach Hillary right now so I fail to see how going after her is more critical than going after Trump this moment). I really enjoy the rationalization that because Hillary was involved with the Podesta group in some way, she needs to be locked up, but because Trump merely hired Manafort as a 'campaign manager' (which isn't a serious or involved position at all so why even mention it, amirite?) he's still not involved in anyway and this whole 'witch hunt' is a trump tower nothingburger.

I predict Grambler will continue to make these posts as Mueller keeps indicting Trump's associates and the frequency will increase to match the severity and proximity to Trump.

So if the Podesta Group was in the wrong, should they be prosecuted or no since they helped Democrats?

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I love the people saying this is a deflection.

Using the very words in the indictment that shows criminal activity is now a deflection.

I wish these people would get on the horn with Mueller and let them know not to look any further in to Company A or B because they may be connected to democrats, and their working with russia is ok.

But for all of you hillary lovers that only want to bash trump; here, I made a thread for you too.

edit on 30-10-2017 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Throes

Of course. I'm an American first, and a Democrat second. I want the Russian influence purged entirely (and I don't care what party affiliation that is held to). However, this continuous spin from Fox News and Grambler by proxy is a laughable deflection away from the severity of whats transpiring right now vis-a-vis the association to Trump and his cabinet. When the leader of our nation is potentially (and it would seem as more evidence emerges) increasingly likely involved with Russia, I think the priority first is to make sure we're not acting as a puppet regime to our enemies. We can go after the rest of the traitors later once we've secured control of the country from their influence.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Of course. I'm an American first, and a Democrat second. I want the Russian influence purged entirely (and I don't care what party affiliation that is held to). However, this continuous spin from Fox News and Grambler by proxy is a laughable deflection away from the severity of whats transpiring right now vis-a-vis the association to Trump and his cabinet. When the leader of our nation is potentially (and it would seem as more evidence emerges) increasingly likely involved with Russia, I think the priority first is to make sure we're not acting as a puppet regime to our enemies. We can go after the rest of the traitors later once we've secured control of the country from their influence.

It's not spin, it's piecing together information from the indictment..

Secure it to who? Whos hands are dirty and who's aren't?
edit on 30-10-2017 by Throes because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Are you unaware that both Fox News and Grambler aren't talking about Manfort's connection to Trump and his cabinet, only the relevant portions that potentially link this evidence to Hillary? If both the aforementioned entities really were concerned for the US's security from foreign influence, it would make sense to paint the whole field of likely suspects as candidates in this mess rather than 'Spin' their reporting to focus only on Hillary.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Are you unaware that both Fox News and Grambler aren't talking about Manfort's connection to Trump and his cabinet, only the relevant portions that potentially link this evidence to Hillary? If both the aforementioned entities really were concerned for the US's security from foreign influence, it would make sense to paint the whole field of likely suspects as candidates in this mess rather than 'Spin' their reporting to focus only on Hillary.

Yes, because the rest of the MSM are only talking about Trump's connection when there is a whole lot more dating back to 2006.

Get rid of Trump, then what? Who do you give the reigns to? Who is clean and who is dirty? That's my point.. This investigation needs to go a whole lot deeper and of course be done without bias.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join