It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George Papadopolous Pled Guilty to Lying to the FBI in Russia Probe

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: ParasuvO

Well said..bravo!

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 10:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

And the sealed charges were leaked three days ago.

Wait till you see what happens at 3 oclock today............

I saw that too and the...

George Papadopoulos, secretly pleaded guilty as part of Special Prosecutor Robert Mueller’s probe into Russian interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election, Bloomberg News' Tom Schoenberg reports.

Does anyone know what secret and sealed means...lol

There is no "secret and sealed", only sealed until the prosecutor decides to use them. Manafort was warned about his own indictment nearly 2 months ago. A prosecutor may hold them for awhile (thus allowing them to remain sealed) until they determine when charges will be filed. They may be waiting for even more information for prosecution, it may be used to flip (or protect) witnesses or as a hammer to turn the one under indictment into a deal maker.

Word is that the grand jury has provided at least 4 additional sealed indictments that Mueller's team is sitting on. I would speculate they are for Carter Page, Roger Stone, Jared Kushner and Michael Flynn. Mueller may also be waiting to see if Trump tries some pardon power on Manafort or Gates to see how that goes before issuing additional ones.

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 11:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Beaux

Word is that the grand jury has provided at least 4 additional sealed indictments that Mueller's team is sitting on. I would speculate they are for Carter Page, Roger Stone, Jared Kushner and Michael Flynn. Mueller may also be waiting to see if Trump tries some pardon power on Manafort or Gates to see how that goes before issuing additional ones.

If I was a beating man I would say this will go no where. Most of all this has been a narrative of the left for a very long time... We will see where it all goes, but I think Hillary and team is as deep as anyone else in all this.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 03:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualzombie
a reply to: neutronflux

He tried to obstruct justice when he fired Comey.

A waste of time and money according to who? The guy being investigated?

Comey was breaking the law by being a leaker and running the FBI riddled with leaks. Commey could not run his agency and was running it with a biased and political angle. funny how you ignore facts.

There are how many legislative bodies, law enforcement, special investigations, and invested man hours that have nothing to show for collusion which is not even a chargeable crime all started by a DNC bought dossier composed of bought and fabricated narratives proven to be false. Narratives supplied from Russian sources.

Trump is falsely accused of being a Russian agent, which was fueled by the Trump dossier based on Russian accounts that ended up in DNC hands that are now trying to get rid of Trump?
edit on 1-11-2017 by neutronflux because: Added and fixed.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 04:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Beaux

Isn't it odd that all these leaks keep coming out the Mueller probe? He seals an indictment like you claim and people find out anyway? Well that means one if two things the information is fake or Mueller is incompetent and needs to step down. As a prosecutor you don't allow leaks they destroy your case.

The other thing indictments by grand jury is useless no counter arguments are made only the prosecutor addresses the jury. To get a grand jury to deny you as a prosecutor tells you your in the wrong profession. Federal grand juries indict 99.99 yet federal prosecutors only go to trial about 40 percent of the time. Relying on plea deals for the rest like Mueller did.

Now a good lawyer is going to tear him apart because frankly he's an idiot look at his indictment it was laughable. He accused Manafort of having off shore accounts to avoid taxes claiming this shows intent to mislead. It doesn't many many pepole have off shore accounts. But here's the biggest bone head maneuver he could have charged him with tax evasion you know what sent al capone to prison. Guess what no where in his indictment did he actually make the charge. If that isn't a WTF moment I don't know what is.

Violations of FASA have an incredibly poor conviction rate they lost 6 of the last 7 attempts. Problem is the laws are so lax you can come back later and revise them like the podestabilize group just recently did. Or Hillary campaign for that matter meaning jury's aren't willing to lock people up for clerical errors made all the time. Then there is some other crazy stuff in their like the header which was amateurish to say the least. He attempts to hide businesses only to name them in the other part??

I really don't think either of them have anything to worry about at worst a year in jail with a 50000 dollar fine. Meaning 3 months behind bars at a cushy fed pen where he can play tennis and have tvs in the cells. And that's if Trump doesn't decide to commute their sentence. I doubt he'd pardon them but they won't serve jail time I'll bet.
edit on 11/1/17 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 07:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
a reply to: theantediluvian

So did Trump heed his beckonings?

I think we can assume that Trump did not otherwise he wouldn't have kept asking. However, he was making these suggestions three months before Don Jr's meeting.

That fact that he plead guilty three weeks ago bolsters my suspicion that the GOP push to focus attention to Clinton was triggered by knowledge that things were going down with the Mueller probe.

And you have to wonder how that might also relate to the recent uptick in calls for Mueller to step down.
so true. I am sure that destroying evidence that has been subpoenaed is obstructing justice. However, no one ("she") was(n't) charged.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 07:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: fiverx313
i have nothing to add, i'm just enjoying watching the right-wingers post about how THERES NOTHING TO SEE HERE NOTHING I TELL YOU MOVE ALONG SIR

good times

I'm enjoying the drama of the left wingers staring unblinking... unmoving... waiting for something, ANYTHING PLEASE GAWD ALMIGHTY!!!... to impeach Trump, only to have Pence be the new President.

It's awesome.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Yes it is odd that almost all of the leaks from the intel community and muellers investigation seem to benefit the anti trump crowd.

Stories were coming out about HIllarys team paying for the dossier, and uranium one, and poof, a leak about a grand jury indictment.

That doesnt mean the media people shouldnt have focused on it, they absolutely have that right it is a huge story.

But funny that no leak about Papadopolous admitting guilt in July leaked oout.

Almost ass if the leakers and media knew that if that got leaked, it could jepordize him being able to get intle on trump people.

Sort of like Muellers team is using the media by making these leaks (which is a crime) to help them.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 07:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

i have nothing to add, i'm just enjoying watching the right-wingers post about how THERES NOTHING TO SEE HERE NOTHING I TELL YOU MOVE ALONG SIR

good times

I'm enjoying the drama of the left wingers staring unblinking... unmoving... waiting for something, ANYTHING PLEASE GAWD ALMIGHTY!!!... to impeach Trump, only to have Pence be the new President.

It's awesome.

Right!? Is that the end state? I still think Pence was the pick for a reason.. Get rid of me? Fine. Deal with Pence now.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Throes

good times

It's awesome.

Right!? Is that the end state? I still think Pence was the pick for a reason.. Get rid of me? Fine. Deal with Pence now.

See: Obama/Biden.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 11:03 AM
link   

I don't think it should be a foregone conclusion that leaks came out of the Mueller probe. If they've been briefing Congress, it's much more likely that they've come out of Congress because they're utterly incapable of keeping a secret unless it involves their own corruption.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

I don't think it should be a foregone conclusion that leaks came out of the Mueller probe. If they've been briefing Congress, it's much more likely that they've come out of Congress because they're utterly incapable of keeping a secret unless it involves their own corruption.

But the sealed indictment from the grand jury.

Did anyone in congress have access to that?

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Throes

good times

It's awesome.

See: Obama/Biden.

True that!

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

I don't want to see Trump impeached unless Trump did something impeachable. What I'm finding interesting is the cognitive dissonance regarding Manafort.

Manafort was a good guy who was maligned. Now he's a conduit straight to Putin but only up through 2014 when he using Podesta's firm to lobby for Ukraine — and nobody on the Right seems interested in talking about Mercury, Newt's boy Ed Kutler and how they were also lobbying for Ukraine under Manafort's direction and equally participating in his schemes.

What's more, Manafort and Mercury's FARA filings list meetings with among other people, Putin's pet Congressman, Dana Rohrabacher, who also met up with Veselnitskaya around the time she had her meeting with Don Jr.

It's amazing to me that there is no more proof of anyone coordinating with the Russians than Dana Rohrabacher and somehow he's not the focus of headline after headline. I wouldn't be surprised that before this is all said and done, Rohrabacher finds himself under indictment and/or expelled from Congress.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Congress would not have any special access through the court system. But I don't believe that the law would preclude the prosecution briefing the congressional investigating committees of a sealed indictment/pending arrest.

Indictments are sealed by the judge, generally at the request of the government.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Was Papadopoulos 'wired' between July thru October?

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 03:36 PM
link   

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join