It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Manafort Charged by FBI

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Then don't reply as if you are missing the obvious.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Not with his involvement with Manifort whom he's on the indictment with? No you want to know about the podestas. 😂 You order tacos at pizza hut don't you?

link   
a reply to: ketsuko

So, your argument is, "Russian Operatives didn't hack DNC computers and disseminate the communications to the public through WikiLeaks?

That's your argument?

Also,the DNC undermined one of its own candidates manipulating the outcome of its own primary ensuring the worse of its two candidates got into the general election.

Quit deflecting! Bernie Sander's campaign, and how the DNC undermined it, has nothing to do with Russian operatives hacking the DNC.

The RNC did the same thing, and worse at the RNC Convention when Ron Paul was running, remember? They wouldn't even let Ron Paul's ally's busses park so Paul's delegates could disembark!

The fact is, Manafort brokered a deal, on behalf of the Trump Campaign, that changed the anti-Russian stance of the GOP's National Republican Platform to benefit Russia in the Ukraine conflict, while he owed Russian interests millions.

edit on 30-10-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: HeadCrunchMcRockGroin

It's hilarious how much sour grapes the right has when someone was clever enough to throw your silliness back in your face.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

after he was officially let go. More secret meetings and secret back channel communications

So secret that only you heard about it. Quick claim your reward

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: GuidedKill

originally posted by: underwerks

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

A very inept one meant to diminish and belittle the significance of the situation which is what I was calling out to begin with.

The point is, the special council was tasked with investigating Russian interference in the 2016 us election. The media reported on it incessantly. Some suggested treason. Some suggested military action. After all that, it was a giant lie.

How do you know this has nothing to do with the 2016 election?

I'm sure Manafort is being interrogated as we speak about any and everything up to the present date. Do you really believe Manafort magically turned clean when he started working for Trump? Add to that, that Trump advisor Papadopolous has been named as well and in all probability has been an informant since his arrest in July.

Things aren't looking good for Team Trump right now.

I'm sure Manafort will be interviewed with his team of lawyers present. If they are worth the millions he is probably going to pay them I'm sure they are directing him to remain silent and will encourage him to plead the fifth when it comes to questions that may further incriminate him or anyone else....Do you really think he is in there alone under spotlight gaze being sweated out?!?! Come on man!!

While I agree Manafort is dirty I really don't think when the attorney's get involve Manaforst will be doing much singing.

If this is about money laundering, which it is, then expect for most of Manaforts money to be frozen if not outright seized until a verdict is decided.

Now, I'm sure Manafort still has friends that will help him out, but to put your confidence on him being able to buy his way out right now seems a little misplaced.
edit on 30-10-2017 by underwerks because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

I will tell you right now that I do find this to be disturbing.

This guy was trying to get dirt in Hillary from Russian officials, and was talking to other Trump officials who told him thats sounds great.

This to me is the greatest link i see currently to Trump working with urssia.

However, trumps people ultimately did not make the meeting and at least in the indcitment there, did not get the dirt.

But still, this is troubling.

Note that he was dealing with teh Russian ministry of Foreign affairs. The steele dossier source a was a member of that group.

This means both trumps campaign and hillarys were getting drt from the MFA on the others.

There are two key differences.

1. Trumps team member went dircectly to the MFA for dirt, whereas Hillarys team paid a third party to do it.

2. It appears as if Trumps people never got dirt, whereas Hillarys people did.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Some do. Some say it's possible. Some say it's probable. Most say Manafort is dirty regardless of anything else. Now he's busted, thus not a waste of time nor tax dollars.

If I spend endless money investigating you for murder and end up arresting you for shoplifting, that is a waste of money.

benghazi and birth certificates cost how much and led to how many arrests?

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

This happened during the RNC.

link   
a reply to: ketsuko

So Manafort was charged with collusion during the 2016 campaign?

link   
a reply to: face23785

The charges go right up to last summer. So not all from before he worked for trump. Who's already ignoring the facts.... once again....

link   
a reply to: Kali74

Then you should be able to find a link. All those speeches are on YouTube.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

My argument is that the DNC and the RNC were both targeted. Both are private entities and should be responsible for their own security.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: JakeR777

Hope floats.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 10:41 AM
link   

A very inept one meant to diminish and belittle the significance of the situation which is what I was calling out to begin with.

The point is, the special council was tasked with investigating Russian interference in the 2016 us election. The media reported on it incessantly. Some suggested treason. Some suggested military action. After all that, it was a giant lie.

The Special Counsel was "tasked with investigating not only Russia's involvement, but "ANY MATTERS that arose or may arise directly from the investigation"

Patience. Things are just getting rolling.

Sept. 1972 was when the first indictments in Watergate were handed out.
March 1974 was when Presidential Aides started getting indicted.
It wasn't until Aug. 1974, two years after the first indictments, until Nixon finally resigned.

In other news,
George Papadopoulos, a Trump Campaign advisor, apparently PLED GUILTY to LYING TO THE FBI about his conversations with Russian Operatives and discussions of how Russians could work with the Trump Campaign.
www.cnn.com...

3 down

Patience.

Papadopoulos lied to FBI agents "about the timing, extent and nature of his relationships and interactions with certain foreign nationals whom he understood to have close connections with senior Russian government officials," according to the complaint. Mueller signed a 14-page statement regarding Papadopoulos' offense, which lays out of the facts of the case.

Manafort and Gates contains 12 counts: conspiracy against the United States, conspiracy to launder money, unregistered agent of a foreign principal, false and misleading US Foreign Agents Registration Act (FARA) statements, false statements, and seven counts of failure to file reports of foreign bank and financial accounts.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: GuidedKill

How do you know this has nothing to do with the 2016 election?

I'm sure Manafort is being interrogated as we speak about any and everything up to the present date. Do you really believe Manafort magically turned clean when he started working for Trump? Add to that, that Trump advisor Papadopolous has been named as well and in all probability has been an informant since his arrest in July.

Things aren't looking good for Team Trump right now.

I'm sure Manafort will be interviewed with his team of lawyers present. If they are worth the millions he is probably going to pay them I'm sure they are directing him to remain silent and will encourage him to plead the fifth when it comes to questions that may further incriminate him or anyone else....Do you really think he is in there alone under spotlight gaze being sweated out?!?! Come on man!!

While I agree Manafort is dirty I really don't think when the attorney's get involve Manaforst will be doing much singing.

If this is about money laundering, which it is, then expect for most of Manaforts money to be frozen if not outright seized until a verdict is decided.

Now, I'm sure Manafort still has friends that will help him out, but to put your confidence on him being able to buy his way out right now seems a little misplaced.

Who said anything about "buying your way out" of anything?

Hell even a Public defender is smart enough to tell their client to shut up or invoke their right to remain silent under questioning..

Hell I'm not even a lawyer and I'm smart enough to tell someone to shut up if they are being questioned by law enforcement or part of an investigation.

Why do you think Manafort is not going to have access to an attorney? Craziness.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: soberbacchus

Do you think Manafort's charges are related to the 2016 campaign?

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Again, I’ll let you know when I’m talking about the FBI.

And again, I'll let you know when I care about you getting sucked in by the news organizations.

link   
a reply to: HeadCrunchMcRockGroin

Are you sure about that?

link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
Are you sure that's not a hangover?

Honestly could be both.

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join