It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Manafort Charged by FBI

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Some do. Some say it's possible. Some say it's probable. Most say Manafort is dirty regardless of anything else. Now he's busted, thus not a waste of time nor tax dollars.

If I spend endless money investigating you for murder and end up arresting you for shoplifting, that is a waste of money.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: RickinVa

Do you think they will still be handing out immunity deals like they did summer before last ?
edit on 30/10/2017 by shooterbrody because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: face23785

Well let's do the time warp again. It's just a step to the left....And then a hop to the right. ..put your hands on your hips...And bring your knees in tight. Come on you know this... But it's the pelvic thrust that really drives them insane. Yup let's do the time warp again...

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Speedtek

They were laundering money... through real estate... in NYC... you connect the dots.

New York City is one of the largest real estate markets in the world, you need more than innuendo or commonality of markets for a charge.

Read the Indictment. It's not just innuendo or commonality of markets. Manafort is screwed. I wonder why Trump would hire a criminal? Ohhh. I guess he didn't know.......

That's right, he didn't know. The entire nature of these charges are that Manafort did some shady business and didn't report any of it to the government as he was required to. Try to keep up.

Of course he didn't know, he will soon be talking and talking and talking about how he didn't know, and Sarah Sanders will be talking about how he didn't know, as will they all. And my God! Hillary! Do Something! And of course, birds of feather never flock together.

If you want to cling to a baseless hope that Manafort would tell prospective employers about his illegal overseas dealings when he's interviewing for a job, go for it. The rest of us will be over here in reality.

Aren't you just a sweetheart? I don't remember saying any of that, but I think it might have something to do with properly vetting a prospective employee. But you go ahead with your strawman. I don't 'do' strawman's. Sorry. It's a personal rule of mine, no offense intended. So, if that's ya got, I'll see you around.

So you think a standard background check was going to turn up this stuff that it took a federal investigator months to find, and that Manafort had successfully hidden from the IRS for years?

You're getting more and more out in left field reaching for some possible way for these charges to have anything to do with Trump. Stop embarrassing yourself.

Oh no. Not you again.

link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
I wasn’t aware Mueller and his team were FBI. I expected them to be something like an independent counsil.

Did you happen to see him and Gates surrender to the FBI? Who do you think handles criminal cases that crosses state lines? The FBI handles investigations and is part of the Justice Department, the Special Prosecutor works with them on the evidence they collect and the testimony he takes.

link   

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Working against the United States is not akin to shoplifting. Quit your BS.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 10:03 AM
link   

HuffPost

Prosecutors’ statement of the offense alleges Papadopoulos “made material false statements and material omissions” during a Jan. 27, 2017, interview with the FBI. He was arrested July 27. Prosecutors agreed to recommend between no prison time to six months under the plea agreement.

Papadopoulos told the FBI an overseas professor had “told him about the Russians possessing ‘dirt’ on then-candidate Hillary Clinton in the form of ‘thousands of emails,’ but stated multiple times that he learned that information prior to joining the campaign,” according to court documents. In fact, Papadopoulos was contacted after he learned he’d be joining the campaign, and the professor only mentioned the “thousands of emails” after he’d been on the Trump campaign for more than a month.

The professor, the statement indicates, had “substantial connections to Russian government officials” even though Papadopoulos claimed the professor was “a nothing.”

Oh boy, a professor connected to Russian government officials. And he didn't even lie about having contact with this professor, he lied about when it was. That really breaks the case, don't it?

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
I wasn’t aware Mueller and his team were FBI. I expected them to be something like an independent counsil.

Did you happen to see him and Gates surrender to the FBI? Who do you think handles criminal cases that crosses state lines? The FBI handles investigations and is part of the Justice Department, the Special Prosecutor works with them on the evidence they collect and the testimony he takes.

Again, I’ll let you know when I’m talking about the FBI.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: ketsuko

Well there's your new talking point. The indictments are illegal.
That will become the most important issue within a few hours.
Just watch...

What? No.

I said it's illegal to leak indictments. They are supposed to be kept secret so that the person indicted doesn't have all of three or four days to know they are getting arrested.

Let's say Manafort was a flight risk. He has three or four days to know they are likely coming for him. He's a man of means. He could take off for another country - say Russia. If he is the Russian asset you so desperately want to believe, they might well offer him asylum for services rendered.

Now you have no way of knowing any of the stuff you want to know because your witness is forever out of reach.

But instead, the indictments are dropped on Friday, leaked to the press so the Washington gossip queens can chin wag about it all weekend which is clearly more important than whatever is actually in them. That should tell you something right there. If they were actually catching top shelf fish, they would have indicted and arrested all at once rather than making political spectacle out of it.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Well let's do the time warp again. It's just a step to the left....And then a hop to the right. ..put your hands on your hips...And bring your knees in tight. Come on you know this... But it's the pelvic thrust that really drives them insane. Yup let's do the time warp again...

Yeah let's do the time warp and pretend Trump was running for President when Manafort had these illegal dealings with foreign governments, since in this reality he was actually working for Democrats at the time.

You guys are pathetic.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

Working against the United States is not akin to shoplifting. Quit your BS.

It was an analogy. Let’s just pretend language has a little nuance here.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 10:09 AM
link   

A very inept one meant to diminish and belittle the significance of the situation which is what I was calling out to begin with.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Everybody must have missed this part of the article

"The charges do not cover any activities related to the campaign, though it's possible Mueller could add additional charges."

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 10:12 AM
link   
"Nobody should underestimate how much Paul Manafort did to get this campaign to where it is right now”
Newt Gingrich, August, 2016

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

This would be a great post if any of the charges had anything to do with Russian interference in the election. They don't.

What?

Read the Papadopoulos indictment, unsealed today. It'll all about him lying to Federal agents concerning his contacts with Russia with the expectation of getting official Government help for the campaign.

Your link doesn't work.

Fixed it. Also here.

Direct pdf download.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Honestly, I don't know where you're going with that. The GOP has, historically, been "anti-Russian" on their political platform, including protecting the Ukraine against Russia's illegal annexation, and arming Ukraine rebel to protect US and Ukraine interests against Russian territorial violations.

It was at the GOP National Convention that Manafort, serving as Trump's Campaign manager, after it was clear that Trump would win the nomination, brokered a deal to remove all anti-Russian political stances from the GOP and Republican Party's official platform.

Report: Ex-Trump campaign manager was millions in debt to pro-Russia interests

You can deflect and say "But Obama" and "What about Hillary" all you want, but this indictment points right back to Trump and his Campaign.

Trump campaign guts GOP’s anti-Russia stance on Ukraine

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

"The charges do not cover any activities related to the campaign, though it's possible Mueller could add additional charges."

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
Oh, wait? I was the most right person on ATS?

Head is hurting from word play.

Are you sure that's not a hangover?

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: avgguy

Everybody must have missed this part of the article "The charges do not cover any activities related to the campaign, though it's possible Mueller could add additional charges."

No they did not miss it; some here do not care that info was included in the article.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join