It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boiling point with Trump/Clinton bs

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

I'm not saying OP is feigning pro-clinton support, just that OP might be imagining it.

I'm as anti-Trump as they come, but I'm sure as hell not a support of Clinton. I think she just needs to go away before she does any more damage.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 08:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

originally posted by: IAMTAT
a reply to: thekaboose

Instead of bitc#ing...why not just post a new thread about Elvis being abducted by Bigfoot?

Without even looking I can pretty much guarantee you that the front page is full of threads that are political.

I get what you are saying "be the change you want to be".

But there is now no point in writing up a massive thread exposing how Elvis was abducted by Bigfoot and spending ages on researching and wiring it up when its just going to get lost in the mass of political threads.

I think the problem may be by this point that ATS has transformed so completely into a political forum, that many of the old Fortean content posters have gone elsewhere to other websites.

So if the political stuff were to stop here... there would be how many new posts a day? 10% of current?

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Painterz

Maybe a drop off to begin with, but the forum would most likely recover as its taken back by conspiracy theorists

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 08:51 AM
link   
The point you make about posters questioning one anothers' IQs because of their support for whichever side: it's a good one. I'm frequently surprised about the vitriol and rudeness in the posts which are allowed to stand. I tend to stay away from the political threads, but the fighting does even creep into non-political threads, inevitably.

We are changing, as a society, with technology. Folks feel totally fine about insulting someone from the safety of their computer screen at home. I don't see it spilling into daily face-to-face life in my neck of the woods, but I teach music to kids so it doesn't have a chance to show up much. I DO however, notice kids' increasing inability by the year to hold focus more than 3 seconds at a time, and unwillingness to do anything that doesn't provide instant mastery or instant gratification. It's very noticeable and a symptom of the same ills that allow all of the insulting and hate to run free online.

I hope all of the vitriol on the boards will fade away, but I don't know if that's realistic. As my students would say, "Meh."

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 08:52 AM
link   

I would miss you. Most likely i would forget your username but i would miss and already miss your kind of ATS users that have already left the building. If you don't mind me getting a bit conspiracy oriented here, then the POTUS does not even have any real power and is just a puppet of higher levels of control. So what's up with the avalanche of threads about him on a conspiracy site?

I think i will have to try and learn to browse through specific forums, and not just the "live" page, for the very reasons you so well wrote in your OP.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Well , lets see. How bout real numbers ?
Out of the last 17 threads only 2 have been atypical US political threads.(yours is a rant so that does not factor in)
So , get that tail tore up in one of those ?

ETA - only 4 (?) out of the last 35 threads

edit on 10/30/17 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

Agreed.

Also, both Hillary and Trump can go hang, and their cheerleaders disgust me.

Uh, when did you change your tune, a few months ago you were all about supporting trump. In fact you were very rude to me about trump. Looks with all of these new charges, like Conspiracy Against the United States, I was right all along. In fact I am almost certain you argued with me about Health Care, and I made ( a rude and I apologize) Not even being here in the U.S.

Anyway I would have taken Clinton anyday over trump. He is dangerous, I live on the West Coast and don't want a Nuke going off in my back yard. That is a very real trump America we live under.

I would rather have had Clinton in office, and be impeached, if she really is as dirty as trump, but she would not blow us up. I don't think for one second Clinton is nearly as dirty as trump though. The Uranium deal that she made was not even close to what everyone on ATS screams about, POLIFACT it.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 09:02 AM
link   

You know what I've noticed is most Hillary supporters don't talk smack at all. Most just sit back and take it. Since Republicans now control every level of government local, state, and federal Democrats have been mostly quiet.

And then something comes along making Trump look like a complete crooked a hole jerk and the Republicans go crazy with Democrats have to stop talking smack. Democrats have to stop gloating. Democrats have to stop being smug.

Who's being smug????? It seems to me Trump and his administration is jamming their foots into their mouth everyday. If the Trumpees would just stop kicking themselves so hard in the mouth they would still have teeth.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
a reply to: RAY1990

The problem is, UK politics isn't so in your face and controversial. A lot of it would be actual political discussion, probably boring in the grand scheme of things.

Brexit.
Scottish independence.
Terrorism.
MPs expenses.
Sex abuse in Westminster.
Rise of the left.
Economic disaster

I think it could be very interesting but thats just me.

From what I've learned you could have provided that list 30-40 years ago and it'll still be accurate.

If the list hasn't changed, what makes you think anything else has?

For the most part, the UK just let's them get onto it, maybe be outraged for a few weeks then something else distracts them.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Im with ya OP. Its all politics now. and it seems like whenever a real ATS thread is posted the same people from both sides all become debunkers.

This site is a far cry from what it once was.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: kurthall

I have NEVER supported Trump, I have NEVER supported Hillary, or said anything to anyone which should have indicated that either party is anything less than amoral scum, not fit to lick the boots soles of the lowest, most gutter dwelling filth in your country.

Trump and Hillary are the same kind of person, with different attitudes about how to present themselves. Neither one gives two tugs of a dead dogs...tail, about the people of the country they live in, they do not give a damn about protecting the innocent and the weak, they do not wish to take responsibility for the things that they have now BOTH been party to that ought not be happening ( including, but not limited to: colluding with the intelligence services to damage and destroy the liberty of citizens by way of mass surveillance, spending money which is needed for healthcare on more illegal war against nations which have nothing to do with terrorism what so ever, causing more terror than they have ever solved by way of murdering and displacing millions of people, and so on and so forth), they do not believe in the power of the people or that it ought be greater than the power of the President, or that the people should have more editorial control over the direction in which matters both local, and international go.

In short, they are tyrants, one in waiting, the other in office, and just like if not worse, than those who have come before them in that regard. That has been my position throughout.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 09:20 AM
link   

You just added ANOTHER thread! Don't go to LIVE, NEW, RECENT when you open up.. and you won't see the nonsense.... Don't blame the site..
edit on 30-10-2017 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 09:21 AM
link   

I don’t think that’s accurate just because NO ONE LIKES Hillary Clinton.. even the most hard core democrat just thought she was better than trump..

No one dogmaticly supports hillary...

It is just that all the conservative conspiracy theories are super far fetched..

1) Clinton body bag list.

2) hillary runs elite pedo rings in pizza shops

3) uranium 1: she was involved in a Russian company buying uranium THAT THEY Are NOT ALLOWED TO REMOVE FROM US SOIL.

Now on that last one there are some financial shadiness.. like maybe she as paid for it, but in now wat was it us giving our uranium to Russia.. we won’t even let it leave the country..

Aka all “mustache twirling villian” conspiracies.. conspiracies that don’t even have a motive worth the risk...

Plus concerning her past donations, pay for play and insider trading are legal for our politicians... it’s disgustibg, but not a new development.

Now compare that to the lefts trump conspiracies...

1) he is a narcissist baffooon.. subjective so to each their own...

2) he bmade a deal with the Russian government to release the DNC Staff’s private emails..

3) he absolutely has dogmatic supporters who only believe him.. lots of them.

And every intelligence agency agrees Russia did it, and trump Jr released an email saying that was the plan exactly..

I’m not a hillary fan, I doubt you could find one, but the talking points are not created equally.

edit on 30-10-2017 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 09:41 AM
link   

There are other parts to this site than the political, recommend the history and lost civilizations forum, religious stuff and UFO, kinda kool, but I understand, it can be emotionally draining.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Yep...

The gop has successful created a cottage industry of stuff that’s not actually happening..

No elected official has EVER even said they want to ban all the guns..

They find the craziest nobody with insane beliefs and pretend they speak for everyone not conservative enough for Sean hannity.

All their talking points are insane conspiracy theories..

Pizzagate , Clinton body bag, exc...

Just a spoonful of deductive reasoning should see right through it.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

Antifa extremists being considered "the Democrats" is all you need to know. Anytime I've ever heard anyone talking about protesting against inequality they've always emphasized the importance of non-violence as being paramount to the success of the protest.

News is entertainment. It's designed to enrage the audience to get better ratings. It's all BS for making money.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

I don’t know about them being considered the average dem, but they absolutely are considered equal to the KKK.. somehow...

Antifa is a violent group that is less than 2 years old and has never killed anyone..

The kkk is almost 200 and has killed 10,000 + people..

Yea that is definitely equal...

More than that, the KKK absolutely are hard core republicans, but are the black panthers and antifa really democrats???

Did either even support hillary??!?!

There is nothing even about it.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 10:32 AM
link   
My main argument for Trump was always that people automatically thought the worst, never gave him a chance and constant shooting down has proven that.

Confused how people think I'm a Hillary supporter. But if people care to read some of my replies I have said that the live section used to be full of amazing new topics now its constant Trump is bad Hillary is bad. Its boring and its a reason why a lot of people have left

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Your either with them or against them to some...

With the left wing media there are 1000 teams.. with the real fat wing media there are 2. Everyone as conservative as Sean hannity and the rest are all in a secrete conspiracy to make the gop look bad.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Too many dopamine junkies. Whatever gets the start and flag fix. We get 10x the dope feedback from posting vitriol so that's what we do. Remove the star and flag system and you'll see this place clear right up.
edit on 30-10-2017 by Templeton because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join