It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boiling point with Trump/Clinton bs

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Every day now, smugness from both sides. I remember when this forum (though wacky) was a good read. I wont lie, a few more weeks of constant "Trump this" or "Hillary that" I will have to leave, though no one will miss me, I will miss the forum.

Why? Because of the smugness. The inability to come together as a community and discuss. Constantly questioning a debaters IQ because they support X. Pathetic.

No longer a place of denying ignorance but now promoting it. WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU PEOPLE.

A breeding ground for hate and petty minded squabbles.

I honestly hope with this investigation coming to an end Hillary and Trump both get locked up, at least it would SHUT YOU ALL UP and go back to what really matters.

Before people trawl through my posts and go "oh your pro Trump", Im from the UK and bored of all the PC police, I support anyone who champions common sense and doesn't rule on feels. But I am left leaning. I am a normal person, normal life, normal family (ish) and happy. I used this site to research, read up and enjoy myself.

Trump and Hillary shills have ruined this forum. If I have to will leave for the next 3 to 7 years.

Get a grip people.

Keep this ATS, dont let it turn into tumblr...

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 06:29 AM
link   
a reply to: thekaboose

Agreed.

Also, both Hillary and Trump can go hang, and their cheerleaders disgust me.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Why not just stop reading the mudpit?
There's been a lot of conspiracies going down recently, it's gonna get messy, people are into internet sport politics now.

edit on 10 by Mandroid7 because: added2

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Yup,

Maybe it's just me, but this past week has been really bad. I've found myself not even wanting to bother checking out what's going on here.

Just a sad pile of boring garbage.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

Just feels like I'm adding to the boring hate, by even voicing my opinions that the site should go back to what it was good at pro Trump and Clinton supporters will soon latch on and give their form of input which can only be described as spiteful and pathetic

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 07:00 AM
link   

yeah, you just added to it.

I support Trump because I support business and leaving my cash to my kids.

Not looking to date the guy.

Make some non political threads, it's user generated.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 07:11 AM
link   

We all have our own personal filter when it comes to threads , not clicking the link that obviously contains political BS keeps you away from the political BS.
I think it better to surf the site for things that interest you rather than join those swimming in the effluent you despise.

There are plenty here who feel the way you feel but throwing your toys out of the pram is not the way to change things , be the change you want to see.

Now , about Brexit...

edit on 30-10-2017 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 07:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

We all have our own personal filter when it comes to threads , not clicking the link that obviously contains political BS keeps you away from the political BS.
I think it better to surf the site for things that interest you rather than join those swimming in the effluent you despise.

There are plenty here who feel the way you feel but throwing your toys out of the pram is not the way to change things , be the change you want to see.

Now , about Brexit...

The issue I have found is that a large % of posts start off well but turn into people spouting Trump and Clinton rhetoric which kills the thread dead, all form of discussion halted because of political ignorance.

Ah Brexit, my take on it? I voted stay, I accept the leave vote, don't agree with it but its what won and I respect the outcome.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 07:32 AM
link   
I know I am part of this problem.

I am very anti-Trump but that does not make me pro-clinton.

I think a lot of people on ATS would describe themselves as that.

Now I totally get what the OP is saying, ATS has changed from a conspiracy forum to more of a political forum that occasionally also has a few wacky conspiracies posted.

You either change with them or you don't.

There are still some really good wired threads posted on ATS these days but to get to them you have to wade through all of the politics.

I still maintain that there should be a forum dedicated to UK affairs but that has never happened.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 07:32 AM
link   

The political ends of the bell...

As others have said you can try to avoid those threads, even make some of your own. Personally I've made an effort to not visit those threads, though I do often see people bringing politics into threads it needn't be at.

I thought after a year it would chill out a bit.

Honestly, a lot of it plays out like a WWE script. I stopped watching that crap over ten years ago.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 07:38 AM
link   
You're kidding? Even the most anti-Trump people on this forum can hardly be called pro-Clinton.

I'm not sure I've ever seen a pro-Clinton post here. Unless you count people saying 'well she's been investigated 6 or 7 times and never charged with anything, so she's probably not done anything she can be charged with.'

But that's hardly pro-clinton.

But yes, I wish the politics forums could be removed from ATS. Particularly the Mud Pit, that contributes absolutely nothing of value but clicks upon clicks.

At least take the stars and flags away from the political forums.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

UK political affairs?

The problem is, UK politics isn't so in your face and controversial. A lot of it would be actual political discussion, probably boring in the grand scheme of things.

I'll say it again US politics is like watching WWE. It's all about riling up the spectators and creating a delirious fandom.

I was reading a piece by the BBC on Gordon Brown earlier, it's about his book I think. It mentions how he struggled with social media and putting his personal life into the fore. I can't believe I'm saying it but I respect the hell out of him for trying to keep politics politics and attempt to leave out the "touchy feely" as he called it approach to politics we have today.

I don't know...

I've only been able to vote for 10 years, I've seen a lot of change in politics that has been aimed at my generation and the one after. I dare say a good half of it has me raising an eyebrow.

I guess it has more involved in politics... But politics has became more of a show at the same time.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Painterz

Saying the Op is feigning pro-Clinton support?

You're probably right, people supporting Clinton dissappeared a long time ago.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

The problem is, UK politics isn't so in your face and controversial. A lot of it would be actual political discussion, probably boring in the grand scheme of things.

Brexit.
Scottish independence.
Terrorism.
MPs expenses.
Sex abuse in Westminster.
Rise of the left.
Economic disaster

I think it could be very interesting but thats just me.
edit on 30-10-2017 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Instead of bitc#ing...why not just post a new thread about Elvis being abducted by Bigfoot?

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 08:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
a reply to: RAY1990

Brexit.
Scottish independence.
Terrorism.
MPs expenses.
Sex abuse in Westminster.
Rise of the left.
Economic disaster

I think it could be very interesting but thats just me.

Its all very though! We only care about politics in the run up to elections, the average voter changing their minds at the last second as they weigh up most of the policies (or vote for who will give them free stuff).

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

Instead of bitc#ing...why not just post a new thread about Elvis being abducted by Bigfoot?

Because we know that Bigfoot doesn't have the means to fly /access to space travel and hasn't since 1910... jeez get with the program.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: thekaboose

Because we know that Bigfoot doesn't have the means to fly /access to space travel

Doesn't he?
...or is that what the Freemason, Illuminati, Reptilian, Spirit-Cookers WANT us to believe?

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Without even looking I can pretty much guarantee you that the front page is full of threads that are political.

I get what you are saying "be the change you want to be".

But there is now no point in writing up a massive thread exposing how Elvis was abducted by Bigfoot and spending ages on researching and wiring it up when its just going to get lost in the mass of political threads.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: thekaboose

Because we know that Bigfoot doesn't have the means to fly /access to space travel

Doesn't he?
...or is that what the Freemason, Illuminati, Reptilian, Spirit-Cookers WANT us to believe?

Zinc lined tin foil hat of truth see's through your lies!

@OtherSideOfTheCoin - Agreed

top topics

<<   2 >>

join