It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Getting addons to show in fire fox

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 03:42 AM
link   
I have about 8-10 addons in my list of addons but I can only get 4-5 of them to show in the active page tool bar (alongside the long website address bar.)

I run win 7 home edition with FF and assume I must obvously being doing something wrong but if I am i dont know what it is.

While I value the small search bar, I am prepared to take it out in "customise" mode, if that does the trick and just leave the big long search bar, but is there a better way?

thanks for all help.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 04:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Azureblue

The buttons should be available in the customize mode, assuming the addon has a button. Not all addons have buttons, some may add an extra entry in the Tools menu, some may add nothing at all. There's also a chance that legacy addons wont work properly. I switched to Waterfox because it should support legacy addons for a while longer.
edit on 30/10/2017 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 05:50 AM
link   

I gave up on Firefox about 6 months ago when it started acting up on ATS - I now use Opera and haven't had a problem since
(Win 7)

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 06:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChaoticOrder

The buttons should be available in the customize mode, assuming the addon has a button. Not all addons have buttons, some may add an extra entry in the Tools menu, some may add nothing at all. There's also a chance that legacy addons wont work properly. I switched to Waterfox because it should support legacy addons for a while longer.

Thank you for that.

The thing is I cannot see them in 'customise' mode either. Will checkout Waterfox.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 06:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

I gave up on Firefox about 6 months ago when it started acting up on ATS - I now use Opera and haven't had a problem since
(Win 7)

Thanks

Interesting. Somehow or other without wanting it I have ended up with chrome several times. I know nothing about Opera.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I use Waterfox instead of Firefox now. Many Firefox addon's no longer work but they still work if you use Waterfox. SR Ware Iron where most of the spying has been removed instead of Chrome. a reply to: Azureblue

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Some of the extensions may not be compatible with FF anymore.
In addition, some are labeled LEGACY....
support.mozilla.org...

In the past, extensions often stopped working each time a new version of Firefox was released, because developers had to update them every six weeks to keep them compatible. Since extensions could also modify Firefox internal code directly, it was possible for bad actors to include malicious code in an innocent-looking extension.

To address these issues, and as part of broader efforts to modernize Firefox as a whole, we’ve transitioned to a new framework for developing Firefox extensions. Outside of rare instances, extensions created with the new standard won’t break in new Firefox releases. You can still personalize Firefox with extensions the same way you do now, except they won’t break in new Firefox releases.

I've had to make some changes.....so far, so good.
Some I'm still using are LEGACY, and hopefully, they will adapt.

I tried Waterfox, but it does not work as well as FF.
Opera....just now.
Used Chrome for a while, but recently came back to FF.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 11:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Azureblue
I have about 8-10 addons in my list of addons but I can only get 4-5 of them to show in the active page tool bar (alongside the long website address bar.)

I run win 7 home edition with FF and assume I must obvously being doing something wrong but if I am i dont know what it is.

While I value the small search bar, I am prepared to take it out in "customise" mode, if that does the trick and just leave the big long search bar, but is there a better way?

thanks for all help.

Firefox is shuttin' them down...Firefox is switching to a new platform where add-ons will be a thing of the past...Many FF users, myself included have switched browsers...We went to WaterFox...Almost identical to Firefox and everything from Firefox transfers right over...Like FireFox, WaterFox is a free download and it's FASTER than FireFox...

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 02:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Iscool

originally posted by: Azureblue

thanks for all help.

Firefox is shuttin' them down...Firefox is switching to a new platform where add-ons will be a thing of the past...Many FF users, myself included have switched browsers...We went to WaterFox...Almost identical to Firefox and everything from Firefox transfers right over...Like FireFox, WaterFox is a free download and it's FASTER than FireFox...

Sounds like its just right for me

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Chrome is ok...I still have it installed...I just like my addons for sessions in Opera now

new topics

top topics

join