It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My little theory on Jesus

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God
It does sound like an ultimatum, but can't blame God for it. What reason would we have for not serving the creator of good?

Creator of good yes, but there is "not good" on earth and that is not really always our fault either, god knows.....god knows that life in the 3 dimension is not an easy task and that probably we will commit bad stuff someday...see? Some people think it's good to kill in the name of god, they really do!
What we commit as "bad" in our life is always forgiven....no matter what because some people think with their human brains...that is not good! All the negative side and "sins as you call it hehehe" are on earth fo us to learn..if you don't learn, you will have to keep coming back to earth, that is "hell" in the figured way...see? Once you connect with you soul (god) you are more aware of what is good or bad, you feel it.

Ameliaxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Sin is selfishness that leads to the complete lack of charity which is love.

How can you have unconditional love, and not consider sin evil which is the opposite of love selfishness? Or is this unconditional
love just the promotion of sin instead?

If you can sit here and tell me your in a state of love 24 hours a day without sin, then yu wuld have to be a saint, who were perfected in charity.

God hates sin.

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Truth

Sin is selfishness that leads to the complete lack of charity which is love.

God hates sin.

God does not hate...it does not have any feelings like a man....god is not a person!
I am not a saint! I am no better than anybody on this planet. But true, I love a lot!

There is dark on this planet, there is a LOT of negativity, plenty of negativity! But god does not judge sinners....that does not mean that you can kill without any consequences...it mean you will have to come back to earth to learn what you have not learned in this lifetime.

Ameliaxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 12:09 AM
link   
jesus says the Father hates sin. He cured the sick, raised the dead, worked miracles for 2000 years, saved my soul from sin and death literally.

I believe in him over anybody because ive seen him work in many lives, not just through scripture.

Sin is evil. Charity hates evil. God who is charity does not condone evil which is sin.

We ALL sin. not one in here is free from daily sins. Not you or I amelia is perfected in love because we all sin.

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 12:17 AM
link   
I respect what you think dear person
You are just not ready yet and that is o.k....
Sometimes I write too much and I don't think it can affect people that much, I'm sorry...

I send you love
Ameliaxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 12:19 AM
link   
God does not hate. Only love can remove hate, and to just respond to hate with more hate only makes hate grow.
Besides, that pic alone is reason enough to support her views. Very pretty, and also very wise, imho.

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 01:33 AM
link   
I believe that miracles do happen, but they are a result of a person (or group of people's) own mind-power. I think the power of the mind, when focused intently, can do a lot. A person's intense religious faith serves as a magnifyer & focus for that ability.

If an actual historical figure named Jesus existed, I think it entirely possible that he could have performed miracles--but miracles have been performed by many people of many faiths. You also have cases of "reverse-miracles"--curses, hexes, evildoing, etc.--because this mind-stuff is amoral.

But back to the Jesus theory of the original poster--I think that theory is entirely valid. But also, perhaps saying a person has a mental illness or saying the person is being "possessed by demons" are just two ways of looking at the same thing, through two different cultural/philosophical points of view.

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by somewhereoutthere
haha sorry I'm new at this..Okay well-

All throughout my years at St.Francis(a little catholic school in Ohio) I was forced to go to church every Friday, and everyday a religion class. Well with all my research into the scriptures that we had to read up on, discovered that half of these "miracles" that Jesus performed, one for say casting out evil demons; with further research and articles I have read, it has been concluded that most of these "demons" were only severe or mild cases of schizophrenia(split-personalities). If anyone has ANY "miracle" that
Jesus performed and thinks that perhaps that there is no way its NOT real, post its happenings and I will disprove it.

Interesting topic. I like to add to it with a thought that I have wondered for a while. Say a jesus fellow comes back and proclaims himself the son of God. He performs a few tricks or miracles for a crowd. Would he have to perform these tricks daily to convince people or would it be enough to do it one time? Sending lightning down to earth would be cool, killing a several hundred thousand people with a Tsunami would not be.

To me, it would seem so cheap for a person who claims to be a son of god to have to resort to these to amuse the masses. Do you understand?

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cassie Clay
I believe that miracles do happen, but they are a result of a person (or group of people's) own mind-power. I think the power of the mind, when focused intently, can do a lot. A person's intense religious faith serves as a magnifyer & focus for that ability.

I once thought something like that as well, but trust me this is not the case.
In my church I have seen way too much weird things happening that could not have possibly been result of anyones mindpower.

I am positive that the God we pray to in church (the christian one) sometimes does what we ask Him. It's pretty awesome.

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by IComeWithASword

Interesting topic. I like to add to it with a thought that I have wondered for a while. Say a jesus fellow comes back and proclaims himself the son of God. He performs a few tricks or miracles for a crowd. Would he have to perform these tricks daily to convince people or would it be enough to do it one time? Sending lightning down to earth would be cool, killing a several hundred thousand people with a Tsunami would not be.

To me, it would seem so cheap for a person who claims to be a son of god to have to resort to these to amuse the masses. Do you understand?

If I was Him, I would balk at the request. It is funny you should say lightning, as I experienced an amazing lightning event that I will paste below.

I used to work with a fellow who's wife died of lung cancer, though she was a nurse who never smoked. It was less than a year from diagnosis till she was gone. Around a month before she passed on she told him that she was going to send him some kind of a sign. He is a very honest, family-oriented, devout Catholic, and was now facing raising two daughters alone. Then, from her hospital bed a week before she passed on, she told him she knew what the sign would be....lightning.
I have only been to one funeral in my life, hers, and it was at 1 O'Clock in the afternoon at a local Catholic Church. As we arrived the rain was pouring down, really hard, and the sky was so thick with low overcast clouds that it was dark like twilight. We sat down, and got settled in, and then boom, thunder, and the lights in the church went out for a couple of minutes. My friend told me that when the thunder struck, he looked at his watch and it was 1 o'clock on the dot.
After the funeral, we came outside to find that there was not a cloud in the sky, I swear. I actually looked for the clouds in every direction, and saw none. Everything was soaking wet, and dripping, and the sun was shining in a clear blue sky.

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Im not ready for your words because I believe in jesus words. Your words are not
the truth itself which is Jesus. he is the Lord.

Also I don't mean God haes sin, as in hate like we feal which is sometimes unjust hate. His hate is just and is the result of love.

How can you love sin? Sin decreases love and leads to selfishness. A literal child can understand this, how can you not?

the world is full of sin today. How can you not dislike this sin? hate just seams like a harsh word, but Gods hate for sin is just his Love for us.

That dont mean Gods hates the souls, he hates the sin in the souls.

How can something thats all love, love hate in us?

than wouldnt God be love and hate?

Sorry for rambling, but its like you souls are 4 or 5 year old children. im trying to explain in the simplest terms.

peace.

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 08:27 AM
link   
"Truth", the "truth", atleast as you put it, makes absolutely no sense.

You define sin as the opposite of love, so that would be hate.

If I was to hate someone for "sinful" actions they had commited, would that be a sin in itself?

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Truth
How can you love sin? Sin decreases love and leads to selfishness. A literal child can understand this, how can you not?

Sorry for rambling, but its like you souls are 4 or 5 year old children. im trying to explain in the simplest terms.

I'm stating the following because I think you have a lot of good things to say and would like to help. Things that are clear to you aren't necessarily clear to others. If you said "love" to me a decade and a half ago, I'd probably would've said "Love? That's an illusion
" It's easy to say the same for the reverse for some people on sin. If you fully understood all of this as a child then congratulations, but for a lot of us it takes much more time and experience.

Pray, train, study.
God bless.

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 09:29 AM
link   
It always amazes me how people have to have something to believe in instead of themselves. They've got to have a little bit of the Bible, a little bit of education, a little bit of this and a little bit of that. They use whatever is available to organize their world because they feel no control over it themselves. That was the Illuminati's intention in giving you those organizational aids. Have a look at my website. wayskyhi.tripod.com...

[edit on 14-2-2005 by ilovelucid]

[edit on 14-2-2005 by ilovelucid]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join