It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My little theory on Jesus

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:
Ric

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 05:12 AM
link   
whoa and i thought i was drifting off topic

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Mary had to tell Joseph something, but look what she started.

[edit on 12-2-2005 by CiderGood_HeadacheBad]

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Please tell your theory I am a catholic,too,but I make up all these crazy theories,too,noone realy knows what happened

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jakko
hmm walking on water? bringing somoene back to death? self resurrection? making a blind man see, making a cripple man walk, hmmm should I go on?

We can all perform those kind of miracles, but we were told that we could not, that only jesus can do it....see how the power of religious beleifs is strong. If everybody told you that YOU CAN DO IT and how to do it, you could do it. I am starting to clean myslef of the bad energies now, to be able to connect with everything. See, I can heal my headache and my sore troath now....it's all the power of visualisation and vibrations, energies, positve and negative. There is NO 3D, where you don't see a thing, there is something. Everything is connected and once you know that, you can start to understand and visualize. Like I always say, we are all a little jesus, and jesus wanted you to understand that, but instead they created a religion of control, saying you are inferior to jesus and completely messed up the teachings in the bible that is teached for 2000 years.

HAVE FAITH, it can move mountains no???

Ameliaxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Well I can have at one single expression: Smoke and Mirrors. Who says jesus moved himself? "No one was near the tomb" "No one was seen".. The fact of the matter is that faith or no faith there is no possible way to be sure. COuld the tomb have contained other ways in? Could the whole deal be a Roman conspiracy?.. All this could in all sound very strange but whose to say that they knew every aspect of Roman law?.. It is known to no one that life was bland and tasteless back then. Jesus predicted Judas' suicide(his betrayal) but WHO IS TO SAY... that there isn't more to the story?.. Isn't there always?

Think about this..

-Me

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by somewhereoutthere
but WHO IS TO SAY... that there isn't more to the story?.. Isn't there always?

Great....see, that is why I say that you should not base your entire faith and beleifs in a book that was written 2000 years ago!
Why can't people beleive in NOW, in spirituality of unconditional love and trust that voice inside them!!!! Not a an old book!

Ameliaxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I also went to catholic school for 12 years of my life and am now not a catholic.
This is what i think about Jesus' miracle of feeding all the people with 3 loaves of bread and 2 fish.
Think about this. If you are going to go watch Jesus give a speech or lecture or whatever for about a days length, i think i would bring some food along with me. All Jesus had to do was simply tell the people to share their food. I think I would listen to Jesus if he told me to share my food.

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by booyakasha
I also went to catholic school for 12 years of my life and am now not a catholic.
This is what i think about Jesus' miracle of feeding all the people with 3 loaves of bread and 2 fish.
Think about this. If you are going to go watch Jesus give a speech or lecture or whatever for about a days length, i think i would bring some food along with me. All Jesus had to do was simply tell the people to share their food. I think I would listen to Jesus if he told me to share my food.

So, you are saying that this man who healed the blind, had aloe on his hands, and there were all these other crazy coincidences, i dont know how you explain him raising Lazarus from the dead, but he had all these other crazy things happen to him WHILE he fulfilled every single prophecy about him? That sounds a little more farfetched then the actual Jesus story.

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 03:20 PM
link   
This is some bogus thread. Maybe it belongs in below top secret under the heading "Smoke and Mirrors". I was very disappointed to read this thread, I on the one hand expected another hackneed Da Vinci code thread, and on the other I expected maybe some brilliant insight that we may not have considered. Maybe the fact that Jesus was an essene and lived by those laws?

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Judge not lest ye be judged, go for it. If anyone cant show tolerance even in their guestioning of the statement then we will just all ignore them.

I would ask that you edit your original post with the info to better avoid confusion on its location in the posts however

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 04:28 PM
link   
This really IS off subject but i would just personally like to thank all of you who messed up this thread by saying that it is "bogus" or something because forums are open for opinion and discussion and these are MY thoughts NOW. Your the one whose geting off the thread when you bring up something like that.

Sincerely yours

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Game ,Set and Match. Stalkingwolf seems to have taken a WHOLE LOT OF AIR out of that last one! I feel sorry for some of the people out there that just don't have a clue. The way I see it you either believe or not. I do and I know where I will go when and if I die. Do you? If not, I would calmly get on my knees and ask God to come into your life. He is always there for you and all you have to do is humble yourself and ask for him to come in. I really wanted to say something else but I was taught early in life that if I did'nt have anything nice to say to say nothing at all.......

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ryanp5555
So, you are saying that this man who healed the blind, had aloe on his hands, and there were all these other crazy coincidences, i dont know how you explain him raising Lazarus from the dead, but he had all these other crazy things happen to him WHILE he fulfilled every single prophecy about him? That sounds a little more farfetched then the actual Jesus story.

Nothing could be more farfetched than the original bible stories if they are taken literally. The loaves and fishes story was meant to be interpreted as Jesus's influence on the people, making them feel guilty for their greed and thus "producing" enough to feed everyone. It was no miracle. As for the other stories, I couldn't say for sure, however I am not inclined to believe with devotion what anyone has written. As far as I'm concerned they're about as plausible as any other fairytale

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Well I can have at one single expression: Smoke and Mirrors. Who says jesus moved himself? "No one was near the tomb" "No one was seen".. The fact of the matter is that faith or no faith there is no possible way to be sure. COuld the tomb have contained other ways in? Could the whole deal be a Roman conspiracy?.. All this could in all sound very strange but whose to say that they knew every aspect of Roman law?.. It is known to no one that life was bland and tasteless back then. Jesus predicted Judas' suicide(his betrayal) but WHO IS TO SAY... that there isn't more to the story?.. Isn't there always?Think about this..

-Me

Actually there were Roman Guards guarding the tomb. There was a huge boulder covering the tomb. There was no other way out. When one of the women went to visit the tomb all the guards were unconciouse but not harmed and the boulder was moved. When she went to look inside an angel was there and next to him were the cloth that Jesus was rapped around. The angel told to her that Jesus had rissen.

[edit on 12/2/05 by Croat56]

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 10:18 PM
link   
there is some evidence that the events related took place in Qumran ( called
by the essenes New Jerusalem) and that the mush legended tomb was there
called the bosom of Abraham and it had a back door so to speak.

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amelia
Great....see, that is why I say that you should not base your entire faith and beleifs in a book that was written 2000 years ago!
Why can't people beleive in NOW, in spirituality of unconditional love and trust that voice inside them!!!! Not a an old book!

Ameliaxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Because the same Book written 2,000 years ago is true now as it was back then. The things I heard you say about love are very similar to what's in the Book. I think it would help me understand if you could tell me what it is about the gospels you don't agree with.

[edit on 12-2-2005 by saint4God]

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God
what it is about the gospels you don't agree with.

I do agree with the gospel in a genaral way, but it's the "sins and hell" I don't like....the thing is people take the bible word for word!
The thing I don't like about it it's that we have to obey god or not.....hell! Or the fact that we humans have no powers, that we cannot do anything that jesus can do....we all have the power.
The gospels are not BAD! They are misunderstood! Jesus is the son of god AS WELL as everybody else! That limits us to (I'm just a limited human)

Love and light
Ameliaxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Well I can have at one single expression: Smoke and Mirrors. Who says jesus moved himself? "No one was near the tomb" "No one was seen".. The fact of the matter is that faith or no faith there is no possible way to be sure. COuld the tomb have contained other ways in? Could the whole deal be a Roman conspiracy?.. All this could in all sound very strange but whose to say that they knew every aspect of Roman law?.. It is known to no one that life was bland and tasteless back then. Jesus predicted Judas' suicide(his betrayal) but WHO IS TO SAY... that there isn't more to the story?.. Isn't there always?

Think about this..

-Me

First, in response to the 'Mary had to tell Joseph something.....', it could also be the case that she became pregnant after the pre-wedding ceremony that was a tradition then. Nine months later the wedding was made official, as long as there was no hanky panky. But what if there was?
She might have gone too far too soon, and Joseph couldn't retreat in time, if you catch my meaning.
Re: the tomb. What sounds more likely, He died and then rose from the dead, or He wasn't dead and was just spirited away to have his wounds tended to.
Also, imho, Judas was one of His closest and most loyal friends, and Jesus knew that He could count on Judas to carry out the task even though it broke his heart to do so.
Joseph was a master of the craft, and wealthy, not a carpenter.
Nazareth was not to become a city for another 500 years, so Jesus was a Nazorean, not of Nazareth.
Joseph of Arimathea is Joseph, His dad.
Okay, thats all for now.

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 11:32 PM
link   

I do agree with the gospel in a genaral way, but it's the "sins and hell" I don't like....

I agree that it's a disturbing thought. It's supposed to be.

the thing is people take the bible word for word!

I can kinda see what you mean. I get frustrated when it gets used out of context instead of viewed by the whole chapter or book. Just because it says the word "the" doesn't give people the right to kill, rape and steal.

The thing I don't like about it it's that we have to obey god or not.....hell!

It does sound like an ultimatum, but can't blame God for it. What reason would we have for not serving the creator of good?

Or the fact that we humans have no powers, that we cannot do anything that jesus can do....we all have the power.

I think you said in one of your other posts that faith could move mountains. I agree and that is Biblical. Christianity is supposed to empower, not remove power...at least it is the case from my experience.

The gospels are not BAD! They are misunderstood! Jesus is the son of god AS WELL as everybody else! That limits us to (I'm just a limited human)

Love and light
Ameliaxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

So ah, this about power then?

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Despite what Mary said, Joseph started making plans and packing his bags. It took an angel to slap him silly and tell him to listen to his future bride. I'm being figurative, but that's the way it went down.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join