It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My little theory on Jesus

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Text Red

Well I am not going to go into depth about this because I'm not really so sure about how people will react to it or if they will enjoy or believe what I have to say... Sooo if anyone is interested in my possibly farfetch'd story but having gone to a private catholic school my whole life the only thing I have gotten from it is the disbelief that I have for god; if anyone would like to hear why then post a message and I'll type everything out.

-Me

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 04:41 PM
link   
How did I know if it is worth hearing without hearing it? Post it.

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 04:45 PM
link   
don't ask, just tell

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 04:49 PM
link   
As long as it doesn't offend the majority around here, go ahead.

Well even if it offends the majority around, do it anyway. What the hell, all they know about you is your name and ip address.

Surf

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 04:57 PM
link   
haha sorry I'm new at this..Okay well-

All throughout my years at St.Francis(a little catholic school in Ohio) I was forced to go to church every Friday, and everyday a religion class. Well with all my research into the scriptures that we had to read up on, discovered that half of these "miracles" that Jesus performed, one for say casting out evil demons; with further research and articles I have read, it has been concluded that most of these "demons" were only severe or mild cases of schizophrenia(split-personalities). If anyone has ANY "miracle" that
Jesus performed and thinks that perhaps that there is no way its NOT real, post its happenings and I will disprove it.

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Hm...this claim sounds familiar. Now where have I heard this before?

[edit on 11-2-2005 by saint4God]

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I'm still waiting for some kind of miracle for someone to ask me about

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 05:44 PM
link   
hmm walking on water? bringing somoene back to death? self resurrection? making a blind man see, making a cripple man walk, hmmm should I go on?

There is no way to check these miracles anymore, but if what the bible says is even slightly objective, these miracles were pretty awesome I think.

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Well in the case of these miracle healings, to the ancient world they could have been just a psychological state of mind, or possibly in way of cripples being able to walk perhaps it was simply exhaustion. Come now; was the great lord Jesus a stalker?! Hardly, and no medical records were kept in any way shape or form, not for peasants atleast. The blind?...maybe a case of pinkeye or something other..May seem stretched and out there but how many times is it mentioned that Jesus ventures off to pray and meditate in the garden of Gethsemane(sp?)..it ISN'T odd however to believe that perhaps while kneeling, praising the great God above..perhaps a TRULY miraculous lifeform in the form of a plant such as aloe was touched by his hands...as does it always mention jesus simply placing his hand over the injured of weak...farfetch'd maybe...but not altogether impossible...now what with rainforests diminishing and desert regions spanning the middle east...it is also possible that these miraculous plants, have dissappeared. Hard to beleive huh?..but would it not be quite something to find out that the whole base of most of civilization like foresay the calenders many dollars spent on churches and places of worship...would i not be wild if all of that was disproved?...but how about adam and eve?..the story of creation?..i mean dinosaurs....all men cavemen neanderthals...everything dating back billions of years...just..how in the hell could this all be explained by what the bible(not even known to be fully correct) is feeding us?...I don't disbelieve in a superior greater being than us..but i do not think that it is the one we are believeing it to be..and if god is only seeing what we will choose in life..then what will happen when he is completely erased..as many of the cases to take out religion in public places...the end of the world?...perhaps...enjoy

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 08:02 PM
link   

bringing somoene back to death

is this like killing them a second time?

all the rest could be allegorical with in a specific sect.

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 08:12 PM
link   
is that it has unravelled into a bunch of fringed ends. Can we pick one topic at a time and run with it? I know I could write pages on all the stuff brought up so far but I'm sure no-one would want to read all that. We like to eat Ritz Bits crackers and Hershey's Miniatures for a reason - they're easy to chew one at a time instead of stuffing the whole bag in our mouths.

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by somewhereoutthere
I'm still waiting for some kind of miracle for someone to ask me about

Okay, this is not exactly a miracle, but it is a faith-based phenomena:
the resurrection of the christ.

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 08:52 PM
link   
How about feeding all those ppl with 3 loaves of bread and 2 fish?

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Miracles? I can't even believe i'm replying to this thread.

I saw David Copperfield make an airplane disappear with my own eyes. I saw him on television tell me to pick a card out of a bunch and when it was over he had told me what card I had picked. I saw him fly.

I'm still not going to fall down on my knee's and worship the dude.

Have you ever heard the saying, "Don't believe anything you hear and only half of what you see."

Well, Jesus the miracle caterer may have fed the multitudes, may have walked on water and sparked life into the dead, I don't care.

Its the messege thats important, and I only believe half of it.

Love and light,

Wupy

PS: No, i'm not telling which half.

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I saw David Copperfield make an airplane disappear with my own eyes. I saw him on television tell me to pick a card out of a bunch and when it was over he had told me what card I had picked. I saw him fly.

I'm still not going to fall down on my knee's and worship the dude. mrwupy

I've seen his live act three times, once from the 7th row, center. Very cool stuff, and I shook his hand and said 'good show', afterwards.
The tv card trick is just a mathmatical curiosity, I have seen the reasons it works written out in detail.
I saw him fly too, though, and get cut in half, from 20 feet away, and so much more...........it made me laugh it was so unreal.
I wouldn't bow down and worship him though, even though he is one of my favourite entertainers.

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 01:13 AM
link   
when we lived in Vegas we used to go see a magician named Mellinda . WOW drop dead beautiful, sweet personality and legs plumb up to heaven. She was married to Lance Burton For awhile.

She was definatly Goddess material

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 01:23 AM
link   
explain to me the miracle of christ reaching a murdering drug dealer who then changes his ways.

But better yet explain the ressurection of Jesus without saying he lived through crucifixtion as that wouldnt make sense.

He would have died from blood loss, all the whippings he had, if not that he would have died of dehydration, 3 days of bleeding combined with absolutely no water. Also, the time that he lied limp on the cross kills the average person in 15 minutes, he was lying like that for atleast 30 minutes. I want to say it kills you of asfixiation, but not quite sure on that. So, explain away with the given information.

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 04:41 AM
link   

He would have died from blood loss, all the whippings he had, if not that he would have died of dehydration, 3 days of bleeding combined with absolutely no water. Also, the time that he lied limp on the cross kills the average person in 15 minutes, he was lying like that for atleast 30 minutes. I want to say it kills you of asfixiation, but not quite sure on that. So, explain away with the given information.

please provide fact to support this statement as it is inconsistant with
even biblical record.
yes asphixiation will cause death if there is no support for the body
such as the legs being broken , but this was not done according to tradition.
there are records of people that have survived crucifixion. if i recall right the
total time on the cross was 3 - 6 hrs. again if i recall right the "usual" time frame for death was several days. remember this was a standard execution
the procedures were more or less standard.

the spear in the side thing is also questionable. according to the legend
he was already dead. if that is so then logically all or most ( depending on actual time) of the blood would have drained to the lower extremities, probably producing swelling of the calves and the appearance of a pretty good erection.

Ric

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Croat56
How about feeding all those ppl with 3 loaves of bread and 2 fish?

Stall the crowd while he orders some chinese food?

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Melinda, First Lady of Magic

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join