It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Barack H. OBAMA has been SUMMONED by the Judicial System.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 11:17 PM
link   

It's good that former President Obama will be able to preview and experience what real courtroom proceedings are like, since he'll probably be in the system himself as a Defendant, or Witness, in a few months.

Former President Barack Obama spent eight years in the White House and more than a decade in office in Illinois.

But, not even an ex-leader of the free world can escape jury duty — a job average citizens frequently try to avoid.

Former President Barack Obama will serve on a jury in Cook County sometime in November.

Chief Judge Tim Evans told county commissioners this week that although Obama resides in Washington, D.C., the former president will report for duty next month, the publication reported. The gig also offers pay that's far below what Obama is used to: Cook County jurors earn less than $20 per day.

Every effort is being taken to maintain the security of the former president, Evans told the Tribune: "His safety will be uppermost in our minds." For that reason, Evans did not release further details about when or where exactly Obama will serve.

SOURCE: www.cnbc.com...

I hope President Obama is able to "stay in the moment" and concentrate on the case at hand.

-CareWeMust

+23 more 
posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 11:22 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I don't think they should allow a crook to serve on Jury Duty.

JMOHO

Des

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 11:22 PM
link   

My guess is that he shows up. Civic duty. Makes him look good. Send tingles up peoples legs...that sort of thing.

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Impeccable timing, I say.

+20 more 
posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Wow, that isn't a misleading thread title at all.

OMFG Obama is SUMMONED!!!! ...

...for jury duty...

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 11:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Destinyone

I don't think they should allow a crook to serve on Jury Duty.

JMOHO

Des

In Chicago, you don't rise up the ranks without being a crook. They all look out for, and respect each other. I'm sure there will be a big private party for Obama while he's here.

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 11:34 PM
link   

He has well-established bias and was once a lawyer...a longtime ago...like his wife.

WAY back, a long time ago, when they played lawyer for a couple of years.

But I think he will be dismissed voir dire for those reasons.

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 11:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

My guess is that he shows up. Civic duty. Makes him look good. Send tingles up peoples legs...that sort of thing.

Yes. He's already agreed to show up. Hopefully it's not at the courthouse up the street from me.

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 11:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kettu

...for jury duty...

That's what calls to Jury Duty say here in Cook county, Illinois. "You are hereby summoned to appear on (date) at (location) for jury duty."

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 11:54 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

Obama was dismissed/excused from jury duty in 2010. He was President at the time.

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 11:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Obama was dismissed/excused from jury duty in 2010. He was President at the time.

I think he will be dismissed, again. Don't you?

All for show and to keep his name in the news.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 12:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

The local papers are saying that Obama has agreed to serve. Security is being arranged. But who knows..he might NOT be chosen. You sit in a room and read your phone/newspapers/magazines with +100 other citizens. At 4pm, if you haven't been called, you collect your $20, go home, and are not called again for at least 2 years.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 12:29 AM
link   

This is a non story verging on click bait.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 12:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

The local papers are saying that Obama has agreed to serve. Security is being arranged. But who knows..he might NOT be chosen. You sit in a room and read your phone/newspapers/magazines with +100 other citizens. At 4pm, if you haven't been called, you collect your $20, go home, and are not called again for at least 2 years.

No way in hell any lawyer would choose him. Between him being a former constitutional law professor and ex-president, I see no way it will happen.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 12:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kettu

...for jury duty...

The other thing is called indicted. We have to wait for that from a Federal Grand Jury . That is on the way though
If you read "summoned" and thought the above , review US court systems and jargon before replying again.

edit on 10/30/17 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 12:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

"President Barack H. OBAMA has been SUMMONED for Jury Duty" is more accurate. Add in the first paragraph of the OP & it's easy to see why this is clickbait.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Chances are is that he will be allowed to recuse himself seeing he will probably know the defendants personally . just sayin

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Would it be improper for a member of the jury to say....."You know, if I had a son he would have looked just like the defendant."

Inquiring minds want to know.
edit on R262017-10-30T01:26:08-05:00k2610Vam by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 02:14 AM
link   
should we not be paying abit better then $20 a day? i know where i live it usually costs more per day then u make to be on jury duty. just gas parking and lunch alone will set u back $20 even with the lunch vouchers they give out

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 03:14 AM
link   
I guess he'll have to fly back from China to be able to attend, then...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join