It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A look at the real america?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Yeah, got about four comments in and had to stop.

This is why I don't have friends . . .

People, man, effin people.

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

Go to enough forums and you'll see that this is definitely not an anomaly.

I am one of those people that thinks that a new american civil war could never happen. But I must admit after a few hours of reading this stuff my resolve on that mater was a bit shaken.

I also doubt there will be a 2nd Civil War. There really aren't 2 "sides" to deal with, since most of our cities are filled with people from each part of the political spectrum. Even a lot of the far right and far left States are actually closer demographically than election results make it appear because of gerrymandering. (As in, Texas has a lot of liberals and California has a lot of conservatives.)

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 09:35 PM
link   

I am one of those people that thinks that a new american civil war could never happen. But I must admit after a few hours of reading this stuff my resolve on that mater was a bit shaken.

As one who stopped watching ALL the talking heads channels about a decade ago I'd offer this. Yes we are at the verge of a New Civil War. Brought to us by the MSM and the lack of civil discourse in our country. None are innocent but all might suffer.

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 11:40 PM
link   
It basically looks exactly like the chat room of 1996 AOL. As a reminder, when it comes to internet chat rooms, nothing has changed in twenty-five years. Well, except there are significantly more people in them

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Most of the commentary is just noise with no signal.

I'm not comfortable with not having anonymity. I can't stand any of these large corporations with their deep data mining of lists of who is left leaning and who is right leaning. The lack of privacy is going to lead to very bad behaviors. Lists are bad.

What I can't stand about the news is they don't come out say person A said bla bla bla to person B and this was illegal because of law xyz. Stories in the news are nothing more than innuendo, opinion, and spin designed to hook the audience through rage. The TV news seems more about making money than anything real or truthful.

But I will remain open minded to be political correct. Someone please tell me who broke which law exactly. No one will be able to is my prediction.

edit on 30-10-2017 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Youtube is troll central. It isn't a "true" representation of America, or anything at all.

You will get eye herpes just reading the comments on Youtube.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 02:31 AM
link   
WE will not allow it,to become a war.
Police do the job anyway ,unless we grab one that got away...

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Fox isn't even really right wing anymore. I've found that they are more rational and less emotional. They throw light on the darkness that is SJW/Antifa garbage. Of course they have a conservative bias. But at this point, they make the most sense.
It is hard to find any news today that is strictly objective. It's all opinion pieces. Which isn't news at all.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 06:32 AM
link   

You dont really believe that is "unfiltered" thought for Americand, do you?

At least 1/3 will be bots. And how many foreign agents seeding/nurturing unrest?

Its proven that shills and bots frequent the internet. I wouldnt even bother reading youtube comments. The worst comment section on the internet.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

You dont really believe that is "unfiltered" thought for Americand, do you?

At least 1/3 will be bots. And how many foreign agents seeding/nurturing unrest?

Its proven that shills and bots frequent the internet. I wouldnt even bother reading youtube comments. The worst comment section on the internet.

Shills and trolls I thought of but I didn't consider there might be bots in those. It's crazy ether way. And ill admit that sometimes I think of some super troll type comment I could text. Something I don't even believe but I know it would make the chat room freak out. I get very tempted to say those things just for the hell of it. But I don't I have better control of myself than that.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join