It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A look at the real america?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   
First I need to say this is not an endorsement for censorship. I hate the pc culture we have in this country.

Youtube is awesome sometimes. I am the type of person that doesn't just want to hear all sides of an issue but honestly enjoys doing so. I get my news from many different places. I think we can all agree that fox is the big name in right wing news and cnn is the big name for left wing. What I do is open two tabs in my browser so that I can go to youtube and live stream both fox and cnn. I will listen to one till a commercial comes on then I will mute it and switch to the other.

This thread is about the live chat menus that they both have. Check it out, youtube gave both of the biggest most controversial news organizations a chat area that anyone can log into AND SAY WHATEVER THEY WANT. www.youtube.com... www.youtube.com...

I want all of you to do something for me. I want you to mute the videos and just read the scrolling text. Do it for both. Do it for at least 10 min for each one. This I believe is a rare look into the live unfiltered thoughts that americans have about political arguments.
I am one of those people that thinks that a new american civil war could never happen. But I must admit after a few hours of reading this stuff my resolve on that mater was a bit shaken.

Part of me believes that this is really us. This is who we are as a collective country. And the only thing holding us together is the rule of law. Another part of me hopes that trolls will be trolls is the rule rather than the exception when it comes to what is truly in the hearts of my fellow americans.
edit on 29-10-2017 by scraedtosleep because: (no reason given)

Edit: The cnn chat broke while I was writing this thread. It should be up soon. I hope.
edit on 29-10-2017 by scraedtosleep because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

It's just trolls doing what they love.

Just be thankful we are not like other countries that would arrest those who talk bad about their own.

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

It's just trolls doing what they love.

Just be thankful we are not like other countries that would arrest those who talk bad about their own.

Oh I am. I'm one of those that wishes we respected the idea behind freedom of speech much more than we do.

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 07:06 PM
link   
But you are not limiting free speech if you buy the biggest internet info gate keepers, and call it a llc or corporation.

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Well considering FOX & CNN don't really allow comments on their articles any more I guess the idiots have to go somewhere to feel like people care what they're saying...

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 07:32 PM
link   
CNN is still down so made the mistake of checking out Fox.

That is some awesome dumb commentary going on. By chance are they all about 12yrs old? I can say I learned several new one-liners I wrote down for a later date that no one I know have heard before.

So educational?
Facepalm!!!

Whatever media genius who pushed this project for the networks will be cleaning their desk out tomorrow morning.

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: coldkidc
Well considering FOX & CNN don't really allow comments on their articles any more I guess the idiots have to go somewhere to feel like people care what they're saying...

Wow i was not aware of that. So the trolls won that battle I guess. lol

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Caver78
CNN is still down so made the mistake of checking out Fox.

That is some awesome dumb commentary going on. By chance are they all about 12yrs old? I can say I learned several new one-liners I wrote down for a later date that no one I know have heard before.

So educational?
Facepalm!!!

Whatever media genius who pushed this project for the networks will be cleaning their desk out tomorrow morning.

It's like every cringe video ever made rolled up into a wall of texts.

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 07:38 PM
link   

MSN limits what you can comment on too. There are few things that will allow comments but not much anymore.

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Honestly I did not spend the asked for 10 minutes. What I did see was the big video screen filled with commercials. Then I found the scroll chat and quickly found one that was more than one or less sentence.

It would be funny if the police came to question Leanne about abusing her cat and she didn't follow commands and they shot her. Her cat would laugh too and be glad not to be abused anymore.

I'll give the rest of it a pass.

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

Honestly I did not spend the asked for 10 minutes. What I did see was the big video screen filled with commercials. Then I found the scroll chat and quickly found one that was more than one or less sentence.

It would be funny if the police came to question Leanne about abusing her cat and she didn't follow commands and they shot her. Her cat would laugh too and be glad not to be abused anymore.

I'll give the rest of it a pass.

Hey that's just gold right there. Imagine that guys daily thoughts. Who is he? A future manager? CEO? president?? Maybe.

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 07:48 PM
link   

People Are Always Pissed at Something , and some Hide it Better than Others , but We All Know that America Today has become a Living Hell for Most Average Americans due to the Uneven Distribution of Wealth that we All Need to Survive . In the Past , this Position has led to many Diverse Thinking People to consider a Revolution to Change their Lot in Life , and America Today in the 21st Century is No Different . Change is Inevitable if Humans are to Continue their Existence .
edit on 29-10-2017 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 07:48 PM
link   
If you want to know the real America go to any corner of the globe...especially the worn torn corners...

It is in EVERY single one of these places you will find american organiAtions working to help the downtrodden...

This occurs not because of a governmental mandate but born of American sensibilities whose ethos are based in exceptional altruism....

Spare me the trolls and look at what matters...go to an inner city ER on a Saturday night at 4am...tens of thousands of people across the country work every second of every day somewhere on earth american is doing what is good and right...

This is the essence of american Exceptionalism and the basis for the disdain so many harbor for the greatest country Homo sapiens have ever mustered...

-Vhris

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Christosterone

...go to an inner city ER on a Saturday night at 4am...

Good post except for the ER part.

They're not there working for free & ER's are terrible places with uncaring pencil pushers who's first question is "how are you going to pay for this visit?"

Then they bill you $2000 because they made you wait 4 hours to put a bandage on your kids hand and give you a tube of ointment...bunch of bullsnitzel.
edit on 29-10-2017 by coldkidc because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 07:58 PM
link   

That's pretty much any live stream on YouTube these days. All swastikas and Pro-Trump trolls. Internet anonymity has given people the ability to make their deepest darkest thoughts extremely public.

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 08:02 PM
link   
IMO, I believe what you saw was the real Internetica, actually. The fringes of the nation, former truck-stop bathroom wall-scrawlers given a pulpit.

Freaks and trolls are not mainstream America, not even in this day and age.

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 08:06 PM
link   
We have a major problem here in the USA. I have never seen people so polarized. Not only on the net, it is happening out in the public too. I think this is the result of too much technology, people are getting all wound up from calling their cable company and having to deal with automated answering that sends you to the wrong place. Then they start taking it out on politicians. It is not limited to cable, it is everything. You get a call that reminds you to go to your dental appointment and you already went to it because someone called and had an empty slot ahead of time. After trying to get to the person at the desk to tell them, they say no, the computer says you have an appointment, you must come in. Five minutes later the news comes on and politics is the issue and you lose it since you spent twenty minutes trying to straighten out the dental office. I don't even want to get into cell phone companies and warrantee people for the dryer you just bought and it pooped out.

This new society is making people crazy.

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Maverick1

I think it's safe to say "mainstream" America is mostly in bed or will be shortly cause, you know, Monday morning and doesn't waste time on live streaming Fox OR CNN. If you need to know what they think maybe flagging them down in a couple of hours on their daily commute might give you a better demographic?

I happen to agree with you Maverick1

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Christosterone

It is in EVERY single one of these places you will find american organiAtions working to help the downtrodden...

While this is true the question I would need to research is how many other country's do this as well.
Yes any person or organization that creates real tangible good in this world deserves to be praised.
But the term american exceptionalism does give me pause. To be exceptional means to be greater than the rest.
I don't know if that is true. To find out I would have to research every organization on the planet and find out what real good they have done and how they did it.

Do you believe that ONLY america has organizations that help the down trodden?
If no, than what makes you believe that the american organizations create more good than the rest? Do you have proof?
Honest questions to increase my own understanding. No malice intended.

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Caver78
a reply to: Maverick1

I think it's safe to say "mainstream" America is mostly in bed or will be shortly cause, you know, Monday morning and doesn't waste time on live streaming Fox OR CNN. If you need to know what they think maybe flagging them down in a couple of hours on their daily commute might give you a better demographic?

I happen to agree with you Maverick1

I watch these to streams at different hours of the day and night. Those chats are always like that day and night. Thats what made me think of making a thread in the first place.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join