It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's Manafort and It's From 2012 or Earlier.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 07:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite
So what has happened here? Mueller was hired to investigate Russian meddling in the 2016 election. He is now prosecuting a guy who was being watched by the Obama DoJ in 2012 for financial crimes.

Manafort is a low-hanging fruit. It might well be that Mueller's team can't find any higher-hanging fruit, so they need to settle for him. We need to see the details of the charges. If these charges come from events well before the election, then I'm going to believe that Mueller knows Russian collusion is bogus, and is just looking to score points wherever he can.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

I know they have a solid case for money laundering. I don't know if that's what he'll be charged with. Could be tax evasion type stuff.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 08:10 AM
link   
it seems to be related to work they did with the ukraine gov't many years ago, money laundering. they had to move because the statute of limitations was running out.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Yep, money laundering it is
LINK

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

Early Monday, prosecutors told Manafort and Gates to surrender. Mueller’s demand caught both men by surprise, with their allies confident that they were safe for now.

This is a lie. Manafort has known that he was going to be the whipping boy for a long time. At least a month or so.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 08:23 AM
link   
I'm just going to leave this here. Check the date, then listen as I tell you this was a fishing expedition and they literally have nothing on Trump and co. The alternate reality that the left has created is vast but the truth is out there if you develop good sources for your information and use some critical thinking to weed out the BS.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

ETA:
This response hasn't aged so well www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 30-10-2017 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
it seems to be related to work they did with the ukraine gov't many years ago, money laundering. they had to move because the statute of limitations was running out.

Bingo...

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 08:39 AM
link   
After reading more into this, there's no need to worry about a trump pardon. Not happening. Manafort will be in prison for years.

Here's the indictment www.justice.gov...
Zero mention of trump campaign. He laundered $18 million. He's so screwed.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Release from Special Counsel:

Paul J. Manafort, Jr., 68, of Alexandria, Va., and Richard W. Gates III, 45, of Richmond, Va., have been indicted by a federal grand jury on Oct. 27, 2017, in the District of Columbia. The indictment contains 12 counts: conspiracy against the United States, conspiracy to launder money, unregistered agent of a foreign principal, false and misleading FARA statements, false statements, and seven counts of failure to file reports of foreign bank and financial accounts.

LINK

conspiracy against the United States??? now I am not so sure that all of this isn't relevant to the russian mess??
gonna have to dive into just what he was doing for Ukraine??
edit on 30-10-2017 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

Release from Special Counsel:

Paul J. Manafort, Jr., 68, of Alexandria, Va., and Richard W. Gates III, 45, of Richmond, Va., have been indicted by a federal grand jury on Oct. 27, 2017, in the District of Columbia. The indictment contains 12 counts: conspiracy against the United States, conspiracy to launder money, unregistered agent of a foreign principal, false and misleading FARA statements, false statements, and seven counts of failure to file reports of foreign bank and financial accounts.

LINK

conspiracy against the United States??? now I am not so sure that all of this isn't relevant to the russian mess??
gonna have to dive into just what he was doing for Ukraine??

The real charge is Conspiracy to Defraud the United States. It's just another financial offense. Mueller is showing his political partisanship.

ETA: it all seems to be related to Manafort's work with the Ukrainian government. The timeframe I saw in one article was 2006-2015.

edit on 30-10-2017 by AndyFromMichigan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

It's not. I'll explain when I have a minute.

ETA; Andy nailed it. It's basically tax evasion but pre planned tax evasion so it is a conspiracy against the United States.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Yep. European centre for modern Ukraine is also a podesta tied group.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 08:53 AM
link   

actually, it seems to be more in line with conspiracy to obstruct justice and the timeline goes up to 2017...
I found the actual indictment:

www.cnn.com...

might have something to do with the russia mess, but probably not?

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Hey, uh yesterday you told me to "mark this thread" because your source was right.....Guess again. They were WRONG, as I thought they were.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 08:59 AM
link   

I saw this thread when OP authored it but decided to sit on my hands. Now it's flagged. nice work OP

a reply to: kurthall

I'm confused - can you explain how OP was wrong when Manafort is being indicted for activities ranging as far back as 2006?
edit on 30-10-2017 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-10-2017 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

It's not. It's taxes. They furthered the conspiracy by not disclosing the information to the justice department when Mueller requested the information.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: kurthall

Apparently you need to learn how to read. I was right on all counts.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

I don't blame you for your initial skepticism. Internet LARPer's are everywhere, especially on conspiracy sites like ATS.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I dont have time now to do a bunch of reading. Can anyone tell me how Manafort might be connected to the Podestas in such a way that the Podestas could also be found guilty of any wrong doing vis a vis Ukraine or Russia?

And about Ukraine: what about Joe Bidens son who is reportedly making tons of money running some company over there? How is it that no one has a problem with that? Is it completely above board? Somehow i doubt it.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: tribal

Manafort and gates were working for the podesta group during the time that the laundering was most intense.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join