It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop Defending Trumps treatment of Women.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: six67seven

originally posted by: fiverx313
seems like the ridiculous amount of pushback trump supporters are giving this OP just tend to prove the point...

The same ridiculousness applies to the left's seemingly lack of memory regarding women's accusations against Clinton.

Americans Lose 101....it isnt a free course.

clinton hasn't been president for quite a long time now, no? i don't see anyone out here defending clinton's sexual habits or accusations against him. but i do see conservatives who will beat a dead horse for 30 years if they think it will distract from their own dirty deeds.

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Notice how many REAL deplorables/cluntards gave this nonsense post a star.. anosgnostics are a plenty lol
edit on 29-10-2017 by LondonMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I find it rather disconcerting how many of the members who are pushing back on this seem to be trying to pretend that sexual assault and sexual harassment is some how normal and that makes it ok.

That is not a defence for Trumps treatment of women and I think its fair to that its also untrue.
edit on 29-10-2017 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: LondonMan

Yeah, that's the spirit! Call me names, sweetie! Got another meme to finish me off with? Nazi lies would suffice, too.

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
Yup I am actually kind of surprised by how many of them have just continued to exemplify the exact behaviour I was talking about in the OP.

It amazes me that very few are actually prepared to concede this flaw in the Trump character.

But not denouncing his treatment of women they are essentially supporting it.

i feel that the conservatives who will support trump come hell or highwater have sold out the values they professed to hold so very dearly, because they see a political advantage in it. i used to know a great number of conservatives i respected, even while disagreeing with them, because i thought they were true to their own values. that number has dwindled alarmingly in the last couple of years, and it makes me wonder how true those values really were... or if these are the true values, with the pretty paint scraped off them...

Yup!

You are kind of hinting on one of the points I was making in the OP

Every time a Trump supporter blindly defends trumps mistreatment of women they are eroding their own moral code and their own values just to defend Trump.

Its very hard to take someone seriously in a political discussion when they cannot even accept that what Trump said about his beauty pageant or about groping women is wrong and that he should be ashamed of himself over it.

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion

Yeah, that's the spirit! Call me names, sweetie! Got another meme to finish me off with? Nazi lies would suffice, too.

Best not to feed the trolls.

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: LondonMan

Notice how many REAL deplorables/cluntards gave this nonsense post a star.. anosgnostics are a plenty lol

You means like this one?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Seems like insults garner more stars than anything else.

Got anything of SUBSTANCE to add?

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

spoiler: no

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   

I find it rather disconcerting how many of the members who are pushing back on this seem to be trying to pretend that sexual assault and sexual harassment is some how normal and that makes it ok.

That is not a defence for Trumps treatment of reality and I think its fair to that its also untrue.

oh please , hold your tongue and save us your self serving indignation, what do you actually know about ANY member, NOTHING ? But we ALL know what you are .... Just defending a known rapist like Clinton gives your game away, don't try the old leftie game of reverse psychology, that tactic is over 30 years old. Only YOU are the one supporting a rapist on this thread.. CLINTON

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 11:56 AM
link   

That is not a defence for Trumps treatment of reality and I think its fair to that its also untrue.

oh please , hold your tongue and save us your self serving indignation, what do you actually know about ANY member, NOTHING ? But we ALL know what you are .... Just defending a known rapist like Clinton gives your game away, don't try the old leftie game of reverse psychology, that tactic is over 30 years old. Only YOU are the one supporting a rapist on this thread.. CLINTON

Please provide one direct quote from me defending any known rapists.

If you cannot.

Shut up.

link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
But I have been hearing that kind of stuff from guys all my life.

and i'm sure at least half of them would think better than just letting their most piggish thoughts fly left and right in public...

but i keep seeing this 'men are like that, all men do that' defense out here... i don't think that's true. powerful men who are not used to having to restrain themselves because they've been cosseted like toddlers all their lives? probably. conservative men? seems more likely given all that you guys are saying to defend trump and 'all men'.

but i've known a number of men in my life who are not like that. who are not constantly making gross remarks, or forcing themselves on women, or pushing boundaries trying to get what they want just because they think they can.

when y'all say 'all men are like this', i think you're failing to hold yourself to a standard that i know men are capable of -- real men, strong men, good men.

don't use trump as an excuse for your own weakness and lack of self-control, please. it's pathetic.

Women talking about guys are far worse than men. I have overheard many conversations of women talking, even older women. I usually try to stay away from the women tables, most guys I know do. If you think it is only guys, you are mistaken. I knew gay girls, they are way worse than guys are most times. So are a lot of the gay guys when they are with their friends.

I grew up in the seventies, I lived in a house with two Lesbian couples. It was way worse than what guys do, we tended to talk more about cars, boats, fishing, watersports, and camping, and who was at the party and how drunk or high they were. Guys bragged a little, but women were much worse in the way they talked. They sure weren't discussing knitting.

And no, only about a quarter of men were like that, but half the men would go along with the braggarts so they did not look inferior.
edit on 29-10-2017 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

link   

Hop on a Clinton thread and present your strawman there. How's that for starters, my little lion?

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   

You means like this one?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Seems like insults garner more stars than anything else.

The OP ed writer started the insults, and so did the ilk that supported the thread, and once again the snowflakes don't like a bit of there own treatment, oh diddums, maybe shutting your mouth and keeping your stupid opinons and silly name calling to yourself next time, then it wont facilitate a coarse response

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Women talking about guys are far worse than men. I have overheard many conversations of women talking, even older women. I usually try to stay away from the women tables, most guys I know do. If you think it is only guys, you are mistaken. I knew gay girls, they are way worse than guys are most times. So are a lot of the gay guys when they are with their friends.

I think it depends on the people, but yeah I too have heard some stuff from women thats just as bad as some of the stuff guys come out with. I think it is important to remember that any form of mistreatment based on gender goes both ways.

It just so happens that for the purposes of this thread those being mistreated are women.

Although you do raise a good point.

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Hop on a Clinton thread and present your strawman there. How's that for starters, my little lion?

Clinton was way more of a womanizer than Trump I think.

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Skywatcher2011

originally posted by: StallionDuck

When I think of objectifying women, Bill Clinton is the first image that comes to mind, but hey, that's just me. Cigar anyone?

Yeah, and Bill did all that while he was President...at least Trump kept it in the locker room sort to speak before he became President.

Yes, yes we know about Bubba's attitude towards women. Now that we got past that deflection do you want to discuss Donnie's?

How about the democrats that will do anything to destroy anyone's face and yet they continue to spread evil throughout the world?

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   

I grew up in the seventies, I lived in a house with two Lesbian couples. It was way worse than what guys do, we tended to talk more about cars, boats, fishing, watersports, and camping, and who was at the party and how drunk or high they were. Guys bragged a little, but women were much worse in the way they talked. They sure weren't discussing knitting.

And no, only about a quarter of men were like that, but half the men would go along with the braggarts so they did not look inferior.

definitely agree with your last remark. as for women's discussions, i definitely agree that women can be every bit as blue and bawdy.

i think we're talking at cross-purposes here. i'm not saying there's anything wrong with talking about sex. what i'm saying is wrong is bragging on assaulting women, on walking into dressing rooms, groping, assault, rape, etc.

no one is mad that trump talks about sex. it's what he says about it that's troubling. there's a big difference between having lust and using that lust as a license to force yourself on someone. and there's a big difference between having private discussions about sex and just spouting off in public and degrading people.
edit on 29-10-2017 by fiverx313 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Trump is an Angel compared to Hilary! Sure he said some dumb stuff but she laughed at a 13 year old after her husband raped her! She stood by her husband despite far worse treatment of women! How respectful was it for him to buy Monica a BJ pillow etc. How about his illegitimate son Danney Williams?
Trump is a saint in comparison. Wake up and smell the coffee! Wow just wow!

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Clinton was way more of a womanizer than Trump I think.

I don't think its a contest

Clinton should face justice for what he done.

Trump should also face justice for what he has done.

Saying one is worse than the other and that excuses it, is a bit like saying that Josef Frizil was the worst sexual offender in history so all of the rest are excused because they were not the worse.

This thread is about Trump not Clinton, I am sure that we could have a similar discussion about the Clintons but they are not the topic at hand.
edit on 29-10-2017 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Please provide one direct quote from me defending any known rapists.

If you cannot.

Shut up.

your silence has said it all, but you choose to attack a man with no facts lmfao

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join