It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop Defending Trumps treatment of Women.

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

This is where the lack of reading comprehension disgusts me. How can you miss the word that says it was consensual(despite not happening)
edit on 1-11-2017 by ksiezyc because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: ksiezyc

This is where the lack of reading comprehension disgusts me. How can you miss the word that says it was consensual(despite not happening)

Which thing are you talking about? The poster was comparing Trump's repeatedly expressed pervy creeperness for girls and gross advances on woman to a consensual affair between Lewinsky and Bill Clinton.

One of those two people should be a registered sex offender and it's probably the one who "goes in like a bitch" on unsuspecting women and talks about dating little girls when they are older.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Sounds like you don't know what sexual assault is. But sure, whatever you want darlin'.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 08:19 PM
link   

There is no evidence suggesting Trump committed any such crime. Furthermore, audio is easy to take out of context and it is clear the person who made the recording did so with the intent to damage Trump in some way. I wouldn't put it past such an individual to do dishonest things and selectively release snippets out of context with the intent to damage his reputation.

If true, it represents a rude exercise of first amendment rights but nothing more. Accusing him of random crimes without evidence does nothing but impugn the reputation of real victims of crimes.

There will always be signal and noise, and noise will always interfere with the actual signal.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 11:26 PM
link   

I am not confusing anything. There was no sexual assault. That is why logic like yours disgusts me.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 11:29 PM
link   

So, when he Bill whipped his dick out numerous times over the years that was consensual also? The hate of Trump clouds your judgement. Seriously.

Also, he had sex with another woman while married while being the sitting president and people STILL think he is ok? He was stumping for HRC during the election and it made me sick to my stomach to see all of those women cheering it on.

I like I have said numerous times...if there was any truth to any of it he would NOT be the president right now.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 12:16 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

So, when he Bill whipped his dick out numerous times over the years that was consensual also? The hate of Trump clouds your judgement. Seriously.

Also, he had sex with another woman while married while being the sitting president and people STILL think he is ok? He was stumping for HRC during the election and it made me sick to my stomach to see all of those women cheering it on.

I like I have said numerous times...if there was any truth to any of it he would NOT be the president right now.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Trump's attitude toward women is barbaric, evil, unaccpetable. That is why I have never supported him, even though many of his policies I agree with. But he's another psychopath, another POS. We need to create a political system that screens applicants for severe personality disorders and kicks them out. Is that such a radical idea? I think not. I don't want psychopaths running my schools, my banks, not my political parties. I sure as f---- don't want them running the country. So why is this taboo?

Why is the idea of banning psychopaths from professional positions not allowed?
edit on 11/4/2017 by Nicorette because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 02:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Nicorette

Because the way in which you declare individuals "psychopaths" is both bigoted and highly incorrect - for numerous reasons, too.

You can't diagnose someone with a mental illness over the Internet. You can only diagnose someone with their consent, and then only in a clinical setting. Quoting DSM passages or inserting opinions doesn't cut it, psychopathy must be diagnosed by a clinician in a medical setting. So there is that.

Next, implying that your political adversaries are some how "sick" is one of the oldest and most worn out tricks in the book. You further the stigma and discrimination faced by individuals with mental illnesses by using their illness as an insult. How about offering some concrete evidence to support your claims or refute another's?

Furthermore, Trump probably has more women in his Administration/own company than any President in history so care to elaborate? Beyond tabloid grade opportunists and typical trash talk, what evidence do you have of his alleged "barbaric, evil, unacceptable" treatment of women?

So exactly which part of your hypothetical hyperbolic system of screening is authorized by the Constitution? It isn't, anywhere.

Thanks, look forward to the discussion.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 02:28 AM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Trump hatred tends cause individuals to lose their objective reasoning and critical thinking skills. It isn't their fault though, they've been conditioned to respond this way since the election campaigns began.

Look at the current Virginia gubernatorial election - naturally the Republican candidate was declared a "racist" right out of the gate. Missing only was an army of women appearing out of the woodwork to accuse the candidate of sexual misconduct (without any evidence, documentation or patent timeline ..of course). Not to mention that absurd and bigoted commercial some PAC ran on television. It leads to a venomous rage filled rant filled with logical fallacies and opinion paraded as fact.

This behavior is never becoming of the author, and if they haven't figured this out from 2016, will lead to a pounding at the polls every single time

edit on 11/4/2017 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 05:44 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

"The most powerful man in the world..." Haahahha, how can you be a member on these forums and still believe that the President of the United States is the most powerful man in the world? Come on man... have you learned nothing?

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 05:46 AM
link   
a reply to: georgelee

Changing things like facts, truth, context and sensibilities to garner and justify hatred for Trump is how those things can be believed.

The biggest trap has been sprung and lots of folks are falling for it. Fell for it myself for awhile there.

ETA: Oh, and welcome to ATS.
edit on 5-11-2017 by JinMI because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

No doubt about it man. Personally I don't like Trump and I don't dislike him, to me he's just another guy occupying a temporary position. The real power is not in a President... but in any case, this topic isn't about that, it's about how "powerful" men treat women. In which case, he's not the exception to the rule. Too much feminism these days if you ask me...

P.S. Thanks.
edit on 5-11-2017 by georgelee because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

a reply to: jimmyx

Yeah. He said it. Unlike that other president who actually did it and admitted to it AFTER lying about it. I guess the 42% of women voters are also misogynistic?

This is where logic like yours disgusts me. How in the hell are you confusing a consensual relationship with sexual assault?! They are NOT morally equivalent!

Are we forgetting the not so distant past already?

Bill Clinton has been publicly accused by three women:
- Juanita Broaddrick accused him of rape
- Kathleen Willey accused him of groping her without consent
- Paula Jones accused him of exposing himself and sexually harassing her

There was also Troopergate where he used the Arkansas State Police which helped him while he had affairs with MANY women while he was Governor.

Someone PLEASE say that it was all alleged and never proven
so another point can follow.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 11:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns
a reply to: Nicorette

Because the way in which you declare individuals "psychopaths" is both bigoted and highly incorrect - for numerous reasons, too.

You can't diagnose someone with a mental illness over the Internet. You can only diagnose someone with their consent, and then only in a clinical setting. Quoting DSM passages or inserting opinions doesn't cut it, psychopathy must be diagnosed by a clinician in a medical setting. So there is that.

Next, implying that your political adversaries are some how "sick" is one of the oldest and most worn out tricks in the book. You further the stigma and discrimination faced by individuals with mental illnesses by using their illness as an insult. How about offering some concrete evidence to support your claims or refute another's?

Furthermore, Trump probably has more women in his Administration/own company than any President in history so care to elaborate? Beyond tabloid grade opportunists and typical trash talk, what evidence do you have of his alleged "barbaric, evil, unacceptable" treatment of women?

So exactly which part of your hypothetical hyperbolic system of screening is authorized by the Constitution? It isn't, anywhere.

Thanks, look forward to the discussion.

Good points!!

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nicorette
Trump's attitude toward women is barbaric, evil, unaccpetable. That is why I have never supported him, even though many of his policies I agree with. But he's another psychopath, another POS. We need to create a political system that screens applicants for severe personality disorders and kicks them out. Is that such a radical idea? I think not. I don't want psychopaths running my schools, my banks, not my political parties. I sure as f---- don't want them running the country. So why is this taboo?

Why is the idea of banning psychopaths from professional positions not allowed?

A couple of reasons, I think... the first being that they don't exhibit this kind of behavior towards other men who belong to the hegemony (the dominant race/religion/culture of the area.) Wealthy men in Hyde Park could put down (for example) Italian immigrants and bully them and show that they were powerful business owners and politicians. Anyone who tried to do the same to the rich men in Hyde Park found themselves ostracized or worse.

The second is that the "Old boy's club" is rather hardwired into society now and has been for hundreds of years (actually, thousands if you go back to ancient Greece.) Male spaces are "no women allowed to intrude" while women's spaces are "under the supervision of men."

Media and literature (and advertising, at least until fairly recently) show psychopath traits in powerful men (and sometimes in men in general) as good/proper/manly things to do. Any softness/gentleness is derided as "womanly" and therefore "unfit for positions of power. Heck, if you look at the cast of any movie/tv show produced by Americans you can see this in play... women wear skirts, sleeveless tops, shorts (and they're supposed to be professional) while guys are more fully dressed. Watch some British crime dramas (The Coroner, Midsommer Murders, etc) and you'll see that they go for more ordinary looking folks, older actresses (in their 60's and who haven't gone on starvation diets or had a lot of plastic surgery, and women and men who dress in a more gender neutral manner)

Have you seen some of the rather ugly ads from the 1970's and earlier? (like these, many of which were staples as I was growing up) Notice how they reinforce that these behaviors are "normal"? That's part of the problem.

Luckily, most men know that this isn't desirable and don't behave like that. But we still need to yank a bunch of them out of positions of power in many institutions and professions.

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: StallionDuck

originally posted by: Abysha

a reply to: jimmyx

Yeah. He said it. Unlike that other president who actually did it and admitted to it AFTER lying about it. I guess the 42% of women voters are also misogynistic?

This is where logic like yours disgusts me. How in the hell are you confusing a consensual relationship with sexual assault?! They are NOT morally equivalent!

Are we forgetting the not so distant past already?

Bill Clinton has been publicly accused by three women:
- Juanita Broaddrick accused him of rape
- Kathleen Willey accused him of groping her without consent
- Paula Jones accused him of exposing himself and sexually harassing her

There was also Troopergate where he used the Arkansas State Police which helped him while he had affairs with MANY women while he was Governor.

Someone PLEASE say that it was all alleged and never proven
so another point can follow.

How about saying "but that's not the topic." The real question is whether you should ignore his behavior and words. If you can, then you *must* excuse the same behavior in other people (including politicians that you don't like.)

So... do you find such behavior excusable no matter who does it or do you find it reprehensible no matter who does it?

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

I will personally never dress in a "gender neutral" way. My gender is male, so I prefer to dress like a male. No beta stuff for me.

I find it very telling that you refer to traits of powerful men to be "psychopath traits"
edit on 11/11/2017 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 11:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

Oh please! Trump is NOT a female abuser!! Just stop!!!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 26  27  28    30 >>

join